Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/wintry Precipitation Reports, February 16th 2006

Osbourne One-Nil

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter, dry in summer.
Very heavy hail this morning has now turned to vet wet, very heavy snow. Not settling at all at 1.9º, but a surprise none the less for me.

Hi OON

Similar for me as I was leaving the house at 8am, wet snow in Hexham in a heavy snower at 2 degrees.

John :):)

Posted

Bristol (Lulsgate) is one of my homepage stations and it is currently reporting ICE at 4c. A heavy shower just gone through here including hail and sleet. Who says it can't happen this far South?

Posted

Heavy shower this morning in Caerphilly about 9.30 and there was quite a bit of sleet in it!

Posted

That hail storm has just arrived here (by Cannon Street), short but sweet!

Edited by Claire

Posted

Same as LS, Had a small Cb producing small Hail direct hit on Central London, a Cormorant flew past me near the Thames at about 50 miles per hour :):) No thunder though. Very Picturesque Clouds today for anyone with a Camera

Paul Sherman

Edit: Just had a rumble of Thunder

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Had sleet with a few flakes of wet wet snow before, surprising! but not *that* surprising

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

another shower of sleet, they're all piling in now. Only a matter of time til one of them is all snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy weather in winter. Dry and warm in summer.

I had reports off a friend of heavy snow at Tow Law which is around 1000ft this morning. I don't know if it settled.

Posted

One brief but heavy shower with implausibly large raindrops (always a sign of something unusual aloft) at around 2145h. About 2% sleet content (one in ten drops about 1/5 frozen); impossible to tell whether melting hail or melting snow, though the drop size would actually suggest the former.

Posted

A mix of hail and rain early this morning. Then again this afternoon, though less hail in that one. Seems to me radical increases in greenhouse gases may not be having any affect whatsoever afterall. Time will tell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
snowing above about 400m this morning in the Cairngorms, settling above maybe 700 - 750m. Looking pretty crappy patchy at the Lecht.

just looked back at today's radar precipitype and it shows just rain in eastern Highlands. It was lying. I was there. It wasn't.