Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/wintry Precipitation Reports 12th March 06

Matt B

Posted

Light snow all day since 7am. Has given about 4-6cm on grass, with drifts of up to 10cm+ in places.

Not settled on roads or pavements though.

:D

Posted

A very wintry day here with light/moderate snow falling all day,strong winds and temps below freezing.

Still light snow falling at the moment.

Posted

Hi guys, ive been at work all day,i was supposed to finish at 12 to goto my nana's 80th birthday party but so much snow has fallen it was canceled.Its snowed here from 7.00am until 5.30pm, i measured the snow depth as 6.5 inches.Here's a picture from my back yard about an hour ago.

post-4688-1142191250_thumb.jpg

Cheers.

Chris....

Posted

It has now been snowing since around 6am and continues to do so but it is very light and fine ,like PP it is only laying on grass and some roof tops yet blowing and drifting in the fields. I just returned from Chester-le-Street where there had been some freezing rain but from what I can see only light snow here and it is causing other surfaces to turn white. Temperature is -0.5c.

Posted
  • Location: Appley Bridge, Nr. Wigan, Lancashire, approx 50m ASL
  • Location: Appley Bridge, Nr. Wigan, Lancashire, approx 50m ASL

Just had light snow for a while in Newcastle. Not much though.

Chris

Posted
Heavy snow falling at 3am this morning with about 2-3 cms lying. This morning still snowing slightly, but a thaw of all lying snow by 2pm.

Wen't for a drive up A47 to Gloucester. Fancied crossing into Wales, but told not too :D , came back M5, looked like snow on the hills in the fancy places of south/East Wales hills from the motorway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Just to confirm my finishing total was around 16cm level. Still that on the ground now

Posted

hello again been snowing for most of the day here sadley not sticking, went off to the hills to slege come back no snow to be seen , thyen later it rained quite heavy turned to sleet and now where back to quite heavy snow again but with the lower temps i want to know will it stick is the wet pavements and roads going to freeze? ps lamp post watching :D:D:D

Posted

The 3 cm of snow from this morning has now all but gone, except for my wonderful snow sculpture (snowman), which I'm sure will still be admired by the kids for the next couple of days.

Posted

Well thought I'd add my bit for today. Here in Ross it snowed for about 4 or 5 hours this morning around 6-10am, left a beautiful all over covering of 2 or 3 inches for a while, but drizzle developed and thawed a lot of it during the afternoon. It was an amazing morning round here though, lots of lovely fresh snow all around :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Got some snow here around few cms.Still getting the odd light snow shower.

Edited by roberthines

Posted

woke to about 2" snow this morning but has been drizzle or rain ever since, most snow now melted, just patches along the gutters or the ramains of snowmen still standing.

4.5ºC

1020mB

wind abt 15mph SE