Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/wintry Precipitation Reports Monday 13th March 06

Matt B

Posted

Mixture of ice pellets, small hail and rain in the environs of Leeds and Bradford since about 5:30. Had a most unpleasant run for 45 mins around NW Leeds in steady ice pellets (on another site LBA is reported as rain-snow which I have to say I think is wrong report on the basis of just having been there - hail and rain maybe). Mix of mainly rain with bits and pieces of hail on the drive across the moor back to Stratosdale, with temps around 0.5 on the tops to 1.5C lower down. Back home even non conducting surfaces had a layer of ice on them which points to possible freezing rain, though careful examination suggests a mixture of hail and rain drops so close to freezing that they have frozen as the hail has started to melt: I'd be looking for an even glaze before I suspected freezing rain.

Posted

Ice pellets and small snow flakes here in south sheffield, just started. I notice that the band of weather has decayed as its hit us, YET AGAIN!

Posted
Ice pellets and small snow flakes here in south sheffield, just started. I notice that the band of weather has decayed as its hit us, YET AGAIN!

You're not missing out on much, the predicted snow has failed to materialise, which is a bit of a shame because this freezing rain weve been having for the past few hours has actually been quite heavy! Im so dissapointed, but guess everybody is in the same boat, hence very few notices on here :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!
Rain and hail showers here no snow temp 1c :o

Snow up here at 190m. Quite hevy with hail and big flakes :D

Settling fast on a frozen surface!

Posted

I came home about 30 minutes ago and it was dry but the ground was wet ,we had a 15 minute shower of snow and hail and all is white at the moment but all precipitation has stopped.

Posted
I came home about 30 minutes ago and it was dry but the ground was wet ,we had a 15 minute shower of snow and hail and all is white at the moment but all precipitation has stopped.

Just rain, freezing pellets, and sleet here. No snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Had some very light snow as I was walking back from the pub at about 11:20. Bodes well for tomorrow :o

Posted

Tues 14th. 00.52. Rain has now started to turn to snow, big wet flakes with sleet. Wind SE.

Posted

Tues 14th.. 0110

short burst of freezing rain..

never experienced this before.. just felt a tad heavy as it hit the skin but as it hit the floor it made a sound like hail and created a patch of ice before it melted.. WOW!! :o :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Just had a heavy 40 minute ice pellet shower! turned the grass and garage roof slightly white, first time i have experienced such an event!

Posted

Been snowing since 11:30 - just stopped.

Looks like 4-5cms with a small amount of drifting.

Posted

Heavy sleet and wet snow most of the night leaving a good inch of snow on top of sundays.

Cheers.

Chris...