Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Mission Statement!!

Posted

Well it seems like a lifetime since last May, but in just 13 days time our USA Adventure starts all over again. This year we fly out at 1030am on Sunday 30th April for 3 weeks of long hard chasing. This year sees me in a team of 4 like last year. Matthew Hatton and Peter Holmes from Ukww will again team up with me and the new boy of the block, (The Rookie) Ozzy or Anvil Crawler as he is known on this board. It is ozzy's first year and I am sure he is going to fit in and love the experience. I cannot wait to hit the road and get the synoptic charts out and pit our wits against the elements with our Target location, and with the help of members from Net-Weather and Ukww I am sure we will be looked after on our entire trip. So why do we do it?? Well for me personally it is actually being lucky enough to witness the strongest storms on the planet form right in front of our eyes and get the chance to photograph these spectacular events, If the Tornado forms then that is just a bonus for me, the Cloud structure more than makes up for the lack of spin ups. The other great thing is the adventure of not knowing where we will go or who we will meet, some of the characters we meet up with along the way make for great stories along with the wildlife we encounter along the way. This year has got off to a flying start with way over 500 Tornadoes reported so far and not a lot in the best chase area, so maybe by the time we get there the real Tornado Alley may be firing. Lastly this years equipment is the best I have ever had and all up to the latest designs so I am ever hopeful that the pictures and Video I upload will have you all gasping with amazement (He Hopes) :D The video uploads should be a big hit with the forum this year also. Our team has every single piece of Hi Tech equipment you would want as a Storm Chaser and now all we need is the atmospherics to play ball also. I am sure Ozzy will want to say a little piece also but i am so looking forward to sharing the experience with someone who has never been before, the times we sit and wait and then the sky goes boom and big bases start rotating and warning go out on the weather radios, this for someone who has never been before is so hard to explain you just have to be there to sample it.

I am looking forward to getting regular updates from Net-weather and hope you all join in with the Virtual Chasing along the way.

Many Thanks

Paul Sherman

Posted

I hope it goes well.

Looks like some big storms are likely,there's been

some amazing storms in the USA recently,and today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Wish you lads the best out there...

Play safe please :D

Posted

stay safe guys and pleeeease get some shots of oz on his first encounter.. his face will probably say more than a thousand words.. :D

seriously guys.. stay safe..

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Good luck guys, hope you get some awesome storms when your out there. Keep safe though!

PS: Lucky buggers, wish I was going :blush:

Posted

yeah stay safe

hope you get an F5 at a safe distants of corse :blush:

cant wait til next year im definitley guna come would of this year but girfreind had a few things to say about it plus could not get time of work

cant wait to see the vids :o

lucky bas***** :blush:

Edited by fuzion

Posted

so amazing activity over northern usa at the moment with winter finally retreating producing some excellent conditions for storms.

hope you all return safe and i look forward to reading all your posts

Good Luck :blush:

SNOW-MAN2006

Posted

You guys are doing something I have always wanted to do!! lucky sods :blush:

Good luck hope you see loads (but from safe distance) cant wait to see all the pictures and footage :blush:

Posted
You guys are doing something I have always wanted to do!! lucky sods :blush:

Good luck hope you see loads (but from safe distance) cant wait to see all the pictures and footage :)

Likewise! Shall we make an all girls team to go with the boys next year? :blush: (Bye bye to saving up for a house money haha)

Enjoy lads really make the most of it ... but as has been said stay safe otherwise there'll be no more pics and vids for us!!! ... :o

Posted
  • Location: Stewartstown (51m asl) , N.Ireland. (In Dazzling Dazza Land)
  • Location: Stewartstown (51m asl) , N.Ireland. (In Dazzling Dazza Land)

Have a great hunt guys, keep us updated and be careful :blush:

Posted

Hi all thanks for the messages and yes as Paul states 13 days to go or should i say 12 for me as i am travelling to london on the 29th to stop over at Pauls.As Paul has said it is my first time going on a chase to the U.S and we have bought what we need and did a check list over the phone as we have kept in contact over the past few weeks with regards of things we need.I suppose some of you would like to know why would i want to go,Well i joined UKWW in july 2004 just after the Daventry tornado just up the road from where i work and what an experiance that was as i was at work at the time and could see this heavy cloud approaching and looking extremely dangerous.I asked my boss if i could have half a day for it and that went down well,Anyway in the end he did and at the time i had to phone for a lift, As i waited outside work i was treated to a fantastic light show as there was CC and CG every few seconds,and one bolt came down in the carpark next to our building at work by then it was hammering down with rain and i got soaked in a matter of seconds it was awesome but missed out on the Nado.I finally got home and i was gutted as the storm had passed and i was left to see uplifted drains and rain gushing out of drains as they could not handle the rain rate.As i joined UKWW i got to learn about things i never knew and also became a member of TORRO.Seeing footage of tornadoes in action was Awsome as well as seeing some of the cloud structures which got me into buying Mike hollingshead dvd's and had to watch Darktimes last night and have to say that is awesome.The Structures are unbeliveable and to see Mike core punch is crazy.I would recommend anybody to get any of his DVD's and to have a look here http://www.extremeinstability.com/photographypage.htm.I would also recommend Tim vasquez books.

I have wanted to go on a chase for some time now and not had the chance untill recently when i was looking for something on Skew T and came across Net Weather and must thank Paul for the invite and help.Looking forward to meeting the chase team.,What i am hoping to see is some lovely supercells, awesome cloud structures, fantastic lightning display and of course a nado, But that is an added bonus as i am yet to see one but shall not be dissapointed if i dont as mother nature has so much to offer.Thunderstorms have been my passion from when i was around 13. before then i used to be scared of them when i was younger due to a scary flight through a storm in france and hiting turbulance and a dodgy landing with a severe headache as well.I have grown to love thunderstorms and my adrenalin just gets on a high the closer the strike the louder the bang and i just say BRING IT ON.Maybe i am mad and i just keep getting told it but hey you only have one life and make the most of it,As long as you remember to stay safe becareful and use common sence then why not enjoy something that is free.Remember Mother nature is free and to be enjoyed and respected.I also remember one time when i was around 13 when me and my sister was chanting we want thunder through my bedfroom window and guess what yes a blinding flash shot infront of our eye's with a loud crack of thunder.

Cheers

Ozzie.

Edited by Anvil Crawler

Posted
Well it seems like a lifetime since last May, but in just 13 days time our USA Adventure starts all over again. This year we fly out at 1030am on Sunday 30th April for 3 weeks of long hard chasing. This year sees me in a team of 4 like last year. Matthew Hatton and Peter Holmes from Ukww will again team up with me and the new boy of the block, (The Rookie) Ozzy or Anvil Crawler as he is known on this board. It is ozzy's first year and I am sure he is going to fit in and love the experience. I cannot wait to hit the road and get the synoptic charts out and pit our wits against the elements with our Target location, and with the help of members from Net-Weather and Ukww I am sure we will be looked after on our entire trip. So why do we do it?? Well for me personally it is actually being lucky enough to witness the strongest storms on the planet form right in front of our eyes and get the chance to photograph these spectacular events, If the Tornado forms then that is just a bonus for me, the Cloud structure more than makes up for the lack of spin ups. The other great thing is the adventure of not knowing where we will go or who we will meet, some of the characters we meet up with along the way make for great stories along with the wildlife we encounter along the way. This year has got off to a flying start with way over 500 Tornadoes reported so far and not a lot in the best chase area, so maybe by the time we get there the real Tornado Alley may be firing. Lastly this years equipment is the best I have ever had and all up to the latest designs so I am ever hopeful that the pictures and Video I upload will have you all gasping with amazement (He Hopes) :blush: The video uploads should be a big hit with the forum this year also. Our team has every single piece of Hi Tech equipment you would want as a Storm Chaser and now all we need is the atmospherics to play ball also. I am sure Ozzy will want to say a little piece also but i am so looking forward to sharing the experience with someone who has never been before, the times we sit and wait and then the sky goes boom and big bases start rotating and warning go out on the weather radios, this for someone who has never been before is so hard to explain you just have to be there to sample it.

I am looking forward to getting regular updates from Net-weather and hope you all join in with the Virtual Chasing along the way.

Many Thanks

Paul Sherman

That sounds so cool, best of luck all :blush:

Posted

Best of luck from the shuggee household :blush: Lucky buggers :blush:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Wish you all the very best of the tornadic supercells. Good luck. Does anyone know if Matt will be producing a diary of the day's events on his site again ? Either last year or the year before I think he put it up on his site. A great read.

Edited by Supercell

Posted
That sounds so cool, best of luck all :blush:

wish i was there if im about i keep an eye on the dopple radar as there already is good tornadoes there at the momemt!! :blush: