Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Mission Statement!!

Posted

Stevestorms is out in the USA at a pretty similar time but he is with his normal chase partners - I'm sure he'll be reporting back to us as well :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....

You lucky, lucky sods. So wish I could be joining you. Good luck, stay safe and can't wait to follow your trip on this forum.

Armchair storm chasing is as good as it gets for me at the moment but I love it and can't wait !

Enjoy

Posted

Thankyou all, Im just starting to get things packed now as before we know it it be time to go and i can not wait.I actually leave my place at 17:00 on the 29th as i got to stop at Pauls for the night due to the flight leaving at 10:30am and needing to be there 3 hours before.11 days before i depart and 12 days till flight to U.S.

Posted

Have fun guys!

I was out in the US for the past couple of weeks and it already seems pretty lively. If the rest of the season is as active as it has been already, then you're in for a lively time!

I should be out in the US again soon, so I'll keep an eye on the forecasts. I love the doppler radars over there!

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Good luck guys, hope you get some good action over those Plains - it's got off to a wild start storm wise this season. Hoping the weather livens up here in the UK before too long aswell, but looking forward to seeing your reports and photos coming in anyway. Will try and keep up with developments in the US while your over there and do a bit of virtual chasing on N-W. Hopefully I'll be up for the real thing in 2007.

Posted

Many Thanks Guys for all your kind words, it will be nice to know we are getting looked after whilst out on the Plains from here in the Uk. All data greatly received, it could be that we stop between 3-5pm awaiting updated data, and as it will be 9-10pm here if someone posts something that we can grab via Wifi that will be great, it could even be a Target area we have selected in the morning is way of the mark due to changes whilst we are driving, small things like this could make all the difference. 11 days to go so getting really excited now and double double checking I have everything from the Right clothes and camera equipment to other things that many people do not associate with Storm Chasing like Frisbees/Playing Cards For Down Days to Marble/Golfball & Tennis Balls for comparing HAIL STONE SIZES ;);) :blink:

Regards

Paul Sherman

Many Thanks Guys for all your kind words, it will be nice to know we are getting looked after whilst out on the Plains from here in the Uk. All data greatly received, it could be that we stop between 3-5pm awaiting updated data, and as it will be 9-10pm here if someone posts something that we can grab via Wifi that will be great, it could even be a Target area we have selected in the morning is way of the mark due to changes whilst we are driving, small things like this could make all the difference. 11 days to go so getting really excited now and double double checking I have everything from the Right clothes and camera equipment to other things that many people do not associate with Storm Chasing like Frisbees/Playing Cards For Down Days to Marble/Golfball & Tennis Balls for comparing HAIL STONE SIZES :( :lol: :(

Regards

Paul Sherman

:lol:

i hope you all stay safe out there and im sure you will get more than you need info wise from here we will all try our best but mostly it will be the night owls that like to go to bed wen most of the US go to bed aswell some good storms to be had at night i expect into you 2nd week

be safe but most of all dont forget us here on net-weather ;)

Any chance of yous posting video clips and short movies of storms that you actually are in or can see in the distance :(:(

Kind regards .

K

they are gona be postin pics and storms as they get em mate thats what this area is for :lol:

we will all get to see a virtual tour of US weather :lol:

Posted

Hi all as Wolves has said we will be posting video footage and picture's whislt we are out in U.S so dont worry if we see it you will to.

Posted

Cant wait. Do the lads have all the gear like dopler radar. Are they geared up like the way them chaps on national geographic are. Have they LIFE INSURANCE :( :lol: seriously :( :lol:

Posted
Cant wait. Do the lads have all the gear like dopler radar. Are they geared up like the way them chaps on national geographic are. Have they LIFE INSURANCE :( :lol: seriously :( :lol:

I think we should be geared up enough once out there and im sure you guy's on Net weather will help us out and with me being a member of TORRO and UKWW,I am sure we will have all the info we need.

Cant wait. Do the lads have all the gear like dopler radar. Are they geared up like the way them chaps on national geographic are. Have they LIFE INSURANCE :( :lol: seriously :(;)

as far as i know mate they have the latest equipment they need and i hope they have life insurance but hope no need to use it :lol:

Posted

I knew i would find it.

Canon EOS 350D Digital Camera

Sony DV Camera

Inverter plus 4 way extension lead.

Delorme Earthmate GPS Unit plus SA 2004.

WX Landthreat Satellite Radar system plus Holus GPS Unit.

Lightning Detector.

Kestral 4000 Hand-Held Weather Station.

Speed Radar Detection Unit.

2 Sony Vaio Laptops.

2 x GPRS enabled mobile phones.

Image Card reader.

NWS Radios.

2 way GPRS radio units.

1x Nikon D70 + 70 -300mm lense

1x Nikon D70S + 18-30mm lense

Polarising filters

ND Filters

3x1GB sandisc memory

3x Batteries

1xshutter release cable

1xTripod

1xSony HC40SE Digi camcorder

2xBatteries

10xMini DV tapes

1XLaptop Accer3003WLMI

1xPower inverter

2x4 way plugs

1x3G/GPRS data card

1xmobile phone with connection cable

Also chargers and cables

Canon EOS 350D Slr Camera

Panasonic DV Camcorder

10 x DV Tapes

2MB Compact Flash MEMORY Card

Canon RS60E3 Remote Release and Tripod for those luuurvly Lightning Shots

Brand New Laptop JUST!!! For Storm Chasing

18-50 & 55-200MM Lenses and Polarising Lens

Drivers Licence / Golf and Softballs (For Comparing) Frisbee & Playing Cards which wont be used as we WONT Have down days.

That is what 3 of us have although list was done a while ago so more may need to be added as that is just 3 out of 4 of us.

Posted
well done ozzy i tryed to find it so thanks i was getting bored :lol:

take care on your first trip out there mate hope it lives up to what you expect :(

Thanks Wolves and i hope it lives up to what i expect to,Which i think it will. :lol:

Posted
Thanks Wolves and i hope it lives up to what i expect to,Which i think it will. :lol:

Well itll be a break in some nice warm temperatures if nothing else.. LOL :( :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Have a great trip, guys. DON'T get too sucked-in with it all, will you? :lol:

Look forward to all the piccies! :lol:

Posted
I knew i would find it.

Canon EOS 350D Digital Camera

Sony DV Camera

Inverter plus 4 way extension lead.

Panasonic DV Camcorder

10 x DV Tapes

2MB Compact Flash MEMORY Card

Canon RS60E3 Remote Release and Tripod for those luuurvly Lightning Shots

Brand New Laptop JUST!!! For Storm Chasing

18-50 & 55-200MM Lenses and Polarising Lens

Drivers Licence / Golf and Softballs (For Comparing) Frisbee & Playing Cards which wont be used as we WONT Have down days.

That is what 3 of us have although list was done a while ago so more may need to be added as that is just 3 out of 4 of us.

Don't forget your towel. :lol: