Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

UK To USA Ramp Mode

Posted

With just a matter of days before we all fly out it is time for ramp mode.I have just had a photo shoot with local paper and have another paper interested,looks like could be a busy week :lol:

Edited by Anvil Crawler

Posted

With time ticking away before we go i thought it might be good for possible area's that we could be targeting and at the moment there is a risk for severe storms on 28-29th across the southern high plains into central texas. http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/exper/day4-8/ all we want know is to see some action when we get there.

DAY 4-8 CONVECTIVE OUTLOOK

NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK

0406 AM CDT MON APR 24 2006

VALID 271200Z - 021200Z

...DISCUSSION...

LATEST MEDIUM RANGE MODELS CONTINUE TO AGREE WITH NEXT PACIFIC

SYSTEM TO EVOLVE INTO A LARGE CLOSED MID/UPPER LEVEL LOW AS IT DIGS

SEWD TOWARD THE LOWER CO VALLEY/NRN BAJA DAYS 3-4 /WED-THU/.

ALTHOUGH MODELS DISAGREE BEYOND DAY 4 WITH THE EWD MOVEMENT OF THIS

CLOSED LOW...EACH MODEL INDICATED STRENGTHENING SWLY MID-LEVEL WINDS

ACROSS THE SRN HIGH PLAINS INTO CENTRAL TX DAYS 5-6 /FRI-SAT/. THIS

PATTERN PROMOTES MOISTURE RETURN INTO THE SRN HIGH PLAINS ALONG LEE

TROUGH...WITH ATTENDANT SEVERE POTENTIAL GIVEN INCREASING DEEP LAYER

SHEAR PER EXPECTED STRENGTH OF MID-LEVEL FLOW REGIME.

..PETERS.. 04/24/2006

Posted

Have my photoshoot for Wednesday at 930am and interview tomorrow at 11am. Have already plugged Net-Weather and the forum to the journalist. Issue for all those that live in the Southend area will come out on Thursday 4th May (Ozzie's Birthday!! :lol: ) Let's hope my picture comes out okay!!

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Location: Stewartstown (51m asl) , N.Ireland. (In Dazzling Dazza Land)
  • Location: Stewartstown (51m asl) , N.Ireland. (In Dazzling Dazza Land)

All this exposure will give you guys a chill :lol: . Its great that you are generating interested outside of N-W. Additional publicity can only boost things for you :p .

Posted
Are you guys doing any tv interviews, say for local news, that would be possible for me to watch on Sky tv?

Hi Andy I know Matt alias Chaser U.K has done a T.V interview but i am afraid it is just photo shoots for local news papers that i have in the pipline at mo with one done and another on the way.

Posted

It seems now that i have local tv interested on BBC will keep you posted on latest devlopments.

Posted

Kold, Have just had my Photoshoot with a Local rag with Indiana Jones Hat thrown in for good measure, the things these reporters make you do. This should be out Thursday 4th May.

Paul Sherman

Posted

One photo shoot done with another on friday and as for TV coverage they sounded interested but have not yet phoned.

Posted

Just had a look at latest 12z progs for central US on 1-2 May, seems that the severe weather will be located in two areas, one around Atlanta GA to Birmingham AL and the other in western ND-SD by the evening of 1 May, then more into MN-IA-ne KS-nMO by Tuesday. Neither outbreak looks super severe at this time, but the northern one is more likely to provide good viewing conditions for the chase. It's a long drive from DFW to Winner SD, but that's where the action is likely to be on Monday.

Posted

Hi Roger, Have seen this also, looks almost odds on that we will blast away from DFW At about 4pm on Sunday and try to get towards North Kansas by late night, then a haul up to South Dakota if reachable, if not then possibly play Colorado for Upslope and then jaunt across to Eastern Kansas on Tuesday, Could and probably will still change before then.

Regards

Paul Sherman

Posted

Here is one pf the pics guy's although im not entirely happy with article as it makes out we staying in texas and the bit i think be o K.and that UKWW did not get mentioned.

post-5458-1146136574.jpg

Posted

Count yourself lucky you have not got a picture coming out with an Indiana Jones Hat, I think you got off quite lightly :lol: :lol: Good Article though

Paul S

Posted

True Paul but i got another photo shoot tomoz at 9 am so god knows what will happen. :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Hey Ozzie,

Had a look through The Observer earlier, nice one ! Finally, something worth reading. Are you doing a shoot for The Advertiser too ?

Posted
Hey Ozzie,

Had a look through The Observer earlier, nice one ! Finally, something worth reading. Are you doing a shoot for The Advertiser too ?

Hi not the advertiser this time but have phot shoot with telegraph.

Posted

Had photo shoot with telegraph this morning and the guy writing the article is really interested.He has phoned me up again twice today for more info.It is a shame i shall miss the paper.Supercel if you get the paper could you upload it for me if poss :blink: I will have a look when we in the U.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

I'm afraid we don't get that paper Ozzie. Although, i'll have a look out for it, will be an interesting read.

Edited by Supercell

Posted

Well i knew it would happen as soon as I packed me Sun Tan Lotion and Aftersun thinking 5 days of Sunbathing laid ahead. We now look like we will have a possible 5 days straight chasing in the Southern Plains, Ozzie better be ready for this :D:D :o When we land it is going to be possible to catch up with a MCS & Get some Lightning shots Sunday Evening before we get ready for Monday, which looks likely to be South West Missouri or Eastern Oklahoma, nice dew points and vertical shear for Severe Storms, then Tuesday sameish area before a Possible Panhandle day on Wednesday with Upper South West winds and Surface North West winds. May 10th still looking good for a possible Super Outbreak if GFS Stays the same. Cannot Wait :o

Paul Sherman

Posted

Well I am down to last two hours before i leave now ;) Shall give you reports as from tomorrow in the U.S ;)