Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports For 6th-10th May 2006

Stuart

Posted

:unsure: Swindon seemed the place to be!! Storm approached around 17.30 and didn't clear until just after 21.00.One of the best for years!

Posted

report 2 storms 2night first bout 715pm till 2100ish second 945pm till 2300 quite a bit of lightning not alot of rain

not bad atall :unsure:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Well last night was fantastic, I heard thunder at around 6.30pm, and the the last flash of lightning was at 11.20pm. I think the main core of the storm was a little further North of where I am.

But all in all a fantastic storm with plenty of Thunder and lightning. I do have video footage which I shall try and post later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms and extreme weather

Shut down the pc last night after my inital report as lights started dimming. Storm passed over with various sheet and fork lightning, this lasted about an hour, one burst of really heavy rain and the odd bit of rain inbetween. Expected more rain considering the amount of thunder and lightning.

Lightning was still visable in the distance (SW) up to 10.30pm.

Great to see a decent if fairly typical thunderstorm again.

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness

First storm of the calendar year on Wednesday. Literally sprang out of nowhere. A few spots of rain were observed around 4:30pm, I checked the radar and nothing at 4pm by 4:45pm a raging storm had sprang up - hardly any others anywhere else over England, save Cornwall. The storm consisting of a few cells really only clipped this area drifted off westwards down the M4 corridor, by which time it had developed further. If only snow could do things like this.