Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Pictures Us Chase Day 12

Posted

Hi Guys today was a re-positioning day as nothing whatsoever happened over here, so I drove the 500 miles back to North Texas, we are currently at Sherman (Very Apt) but just 15 miles South of here the Tuesday night an F3 Struck Westminster, so we stopped off for some damage pictures, remember Tuesday night we were only 50 miles North of this storm when carnage broke loose at 1030pm at night, very scary for the people there and an elderly couple and a 14 year old boy lost their life, the next pictures ar very humbling and show the danger and damage 1 of these things can do. This was a 7 mile track F3 Tornado with a 1/2 mile wide track.

post-24-1147419362.jpg post-24-1147419423.jpg post-24-1147419472.jpg - F2 Damage 6 miles east of Anna

post-24-1147419688_thumb.jpg post-24-1147419728.jpg - Black Road Damage Westminster (Tx)

post-24-1147419811_thumb.jpg post-24-1147419839_thumb.jpg - Home Demolished & Trailor picked up and thrown

post-24-1147419898.jpg - Telephone Wire Snapped off

post-24-1147420068_thumb.jpg post-24-1147420127.jpg - Scouring of Road from Tornado Debris & Lethal Weapon

post-24-1147420243_thumb.jpg - Aerial Damage Path from Local Paper

Regards

Paul Sherman

Posted

Thanks Paul. As you say, very humbling!

Posted

Hi Guys, great pictures well done for shooting them. As you probably can see from our APRS we are still sitting in Amarillo! DOH! more beer and steaks !!!! still wondering what to do want to move somewhere for a change of scenery but dont think we need to go far, as the clever men who get paids loads of dosh to work this stuff out dont know what chance do us poor zapps have :) anyway my own thoughts are that we have to hope that some moisture returns north by tomorrow with a dry line in place and a southerly moving cold front a raise in temps I think there might just be a corridor for some moisture to flow into the Texas Panhandle for a Lubbuck to Amarillo and East of this line target area, hey! but what do I know :) so when the guys get up I will stick it to them and see what they say, could be another night here at the Big Texan!

watch our poition on the APRS www.ukstorm.net/ta2006/aprs.html its not exhiting when we are sitting still in Amarillo but when we get on some storms you guys at home can see where we are at in realation to the Storms.

Edited by stevestorms

Posted

Darren. TBH Anything above F4 Would be hard to photograph as total devastation prevails, your pictures would show something like a bomb site with nothing left.

Paul S