Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Report For Friday The 12th Of May

Stuart

Posted

A rumble and the odd flash here in doncaster. Its going north/east, mainly east by the looks of things. This is sort of good cos I have motorbike lessons in an hour. I hope it comes back tonight tho like it says it might.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Thunderstorms to our south moving NE, hearing the odd rumble, but nothing close to here really

Posted
  • Location: Cheshire, 5 miles from Manchester Airport as the 737 flies!

Storm here in Knutsford Cheshire - seems to be moving across from Manchster direction. Thunder every minute or so and torrential rain. Came from nowhere!

Stubbette

Posted
Storm here in Knutsford Cheshire - seems to be moving across from Manchster direction. Thunder every minute or so and torrential rain. Came from nowhere!

Stubbette

I've just seen the first flash of lightning to the southwest of Manchester. It's gone very dark over Manchester City Centre over the last half hour or so, but mostly to the south of the city.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

Storm moving North east, just getting the edge of it, a bit of rain, but rumbles on and off since about 1210.

Posted

Really nasty storm passed over York between 1-15 and 1-45, got caught in it and now have to spend the afternoon at work with my clothes stuck to me. :)

Plenty of thunder, didn't see that much lightning but was sheltering a bit, torrential rain, like I haven't seen for a long time, with bullet hard hail. Plenty of flash flooding around too.

Posted

Thunder being heard every minute or so, only seen one flash of lightning, hardly any rain, think this one has skipped to the south!

ED: Here comes the rain. Quite heavy

Edited by Dazmaster75

Posted
Thunder being heard every minute or so, only seen one flash of lightning, hardly any rain, think this one has skipped to the south!

ED: Here comes the rain. Quite heavy

The rain finally got to central Manchester about 5 minutes ago as the back end of the cloud goes overhead. Still quite a few flashes of lightning off to the east, but can't comment on any thunder as my office is soundproof (necessary as the A57(M) motorway is only about 50 yards away!). The rain has stopped pretty quickly though.

Edited by Fraggle

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Some flashes of lightning here, and the sky has gone as dark as night... Looks like some really potent storms out to the west too...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

There seemed to be a cluster of thunderstorms moving up towards Leeds this morning- and they have now arrived. I haven't seen any lightning, but there have been about 7 rumbles of thunder in two minutes.

Posted

Some really loud loud crackling thunder right now, and a heavy doewnpous. This is amazing :)

Posted

Absolutely chucking it down here. Several crashes of thunder, 2 CG's (one of them too close for comfort) and about 6 CC's - seems to be dying down now. Looking at the radar, just shows how jammy i was as the heaviest cell was over my area.

Posted

Starting up again here in Knutsford. A few rumbles, the rain's started up and just seen a flash. Looking dark towards the north...

Stubbette

Posted

Thundering towards the western side of Chesterfield. Can't see any lightning tho'

More please

Posted

Good Thunderstorm here in Tadcaster where I work. My year 7 class were very excited :)

They enjoyed the lightning detector too!

Posted

Looks like it's quiet again here, been a while since I've heard any distant rumbles. I'd be surprised if this is the last we get though as there looks like more out to the west coming this way. Might miss to the north if I'm unlucky.. Anyway, here's a pic I posted in the othe thread for those who missed it :) The lightning was a georgeous pink colour, and the thunder was the best I've heard in a long time!

lightning.jpg

Posted

Thundering here.

4 Rumbles fo far and 2 flashes of lightning.

Posted

Several rumbles of thunder here in last half hour - some loud, but only one lightning stroke seen. Had a short sharp shower (10 mins). Still seems to be some distant activity to the north, but sky brigtening up again.