Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Report For Friday The 12th Of May

Stuart

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!
Absolutely chucking it down here. Several crashes of thunder, 2 CG's (one of them too close for comfort) and about 6 CC's - seems to be dying down now. Looking at the radar, just shows how jammy i was as the heaviest cell was over my area.

A change in your luck this year maybe? :nonono:

Not a thing where I work in Washington.

Back to Stanley now and heres the sky, maybe the outside chance of a rumble of thunder.

post-3392-1147451416.jpg

BIG - dial-up users avoid.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.
There seemed to be a cluster of thunderstorms moving up towards Leeds this morning- and they have now arrived. I haven't seen any lightning, but there have been about 7 rumbles of thunder in two minutes.

In the end, it went on for about an hour; I saw about 10 flashes of lightning and heard at least twice that many rumbles of thunder, including a couple of bang/crash intensity ones. The main cloud passed just to the south, so it produced a couple of sharp rain showers here, but it looked like there was hail coming from it in the heaviest-affected area.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , thunderstorms and wind

Best thunderstorms ever here in Dublin over the last 2 hours

Posted
Best thunderstorms ever here in Dublin over the last 2 hours

Massive thunderstorm going on here in Staines Middlesex

tons of rain too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , thunderstorms and wind
Massive thunderstorm going on here in Staines Middlesex

tons of rain too

Its almost as good as heavy snow in winter,... almost

Posted

Storm passed to my south around 3.15 over chesterfield. Some very loud rumbles. All clear at the mo. Warm and humid and a cluster now moving towards here from north birmingham area.

Posted

Intermitent Thunderstorm near Greenford-Middlesex now. Light rain, looks fairly grey to the south (Staines/Heathrow area???)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Had heavy thuderstorm at around 3pm got quite wet. Also can here thunder in background as i speak must be other storm on the way.

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness

Today's storms seem to be following the established pattern for snow showers, by passing just shy of here. this time to the north/north-west.

Posted

Heard thunder to the north and West of Swindon,very difficult to work out it's direction. :nonono:

Posted

Time now 19-20, same location as last post, Greenford Middlesex.More infrequent rumbles of thunder, & lightning seen.

Rain is now moderate to heavy. a breeze has now picked up.

Edited by DB

Posted

I can't bear this any longer - the strikealert has been going off all day and there have been almost constant rumblings, but nothing has actually happened here on the Wirral! It's getting dark again and the rumbling is picking up a bit, but if this one goes past as well I'll get very cross!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

One rumble of thunder heard towards Chesterfield/Sheffield at about 1535 b.s.t. No rain here.

T.M

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter, warm and sunny in summer

Some good thunder rumbles around 4:00pm today followed by a brief heavy shower. More lightning and thunder between 6:15 and 7:00. Well chuffed :nonono: !

Posted

Thunder and lightening heard and observed - must be just on my doorstep about 5-10 miles to the north, give it 10 minutes and I think it will be bucketing down.

Posted

Thunder and Lightning here now for about an hour, we had one strike right overhead, scared the life out of us. Constant lightning as I type, but its strange as there no rain at all. The sky is all green and purple. Very angry looking.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fog, Drizzle, Rain, Wind and Thunderstorms

Thunder heard and sporadic CG lightning over the last hour. Not directly overhead but certainly within 3 miles - I counted the seconds! :nonono:

James

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

Small Thunderstorm here between 1930-2025. Could rumble on in the distance for a bit, but the rain has mainly stopped and I'm assuming this storm is blown over.

Posted

Lightening coming from 180 degrees now from SW to NE. Big spots of rain, but not much. I can hear them practicing bell ringing in St Mary's church, not a good idea when its the highest spire in Northamptonshire.