Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Us Chase Day 15 - Discussion

Posted

Sunday see's a Slight Risk in Western Texas or extreme South-Eastern New Mexico, so a 646km Hike West of here tomorrow to land somewhere between Odessa (Tx) and Clovis (New Mexico) Will update in the morning here or afternoon where you are. Not long in the trip left now just 5 days so time is running out, Again this May is running drastically below normal for Severe Storms as Low pressure areas have just not streamed across the area. But our first 6 days were so memorable for Supercells and one i won't forget.

Paul Sherman

Posted

We booked into a hotel in Aberlene Tx last night and for a while things were looking good but then it all changed and we got nothing! so today we hope to end our 4 days of nothing moving SW around San Antonio today with a 5% tornado risk today thats what we will play.

Posted

14 May 1710z

Currently some severe storms just south of Waco TX, next few hours this activity should spread to south and southwest although cells are moving ESE. As for TX-NM border areas later, could be some activity, looks rather marginal but the ingredients are there for some storms, let's hope they "blow up real good" as John Candy used to say.

Posted

We chased the storms north of San Antonio today we were right under the point of development from the word go but the cell we picked was looking rough so we took one to our north as we got on this cell a new line fired up in our original position and became the strongest of the group, ours went to severe but we quickly bacame out of position due to road options and gave up returning north to BRADY TX and booking into hotel, tonight we will chase lightning should any comeour way 50% chance although atm I cant see where from, tomorrow I AINT GOT A CLUE!!!!

Edited by stevestorms

We chased the storms north of San Antonio today we were right under the point of development from the word go but the cell we picked was looking rough so we took one to our north which was a slight error as the first cell intensified again and grew to the strongest of the group ours went to severe but we quickly bacame out of poition due to road options and gave up returning north to BRADY TX and booking into hotel, tonight we will chase lightning should any comeour way 50% chance although atm I cant see where from, tomorrow I AINT GOT A CLUE!!!!

thanks for the post mate and letting us know you are ok just hope you get to meet up with paul ozzie and the team b4 you leave ;)

Posted

The last I heard was they were going to the Tx NM boarder but that was last night they may have changed there plans on gone south?? we tried to meet up the other day but on our way the weather changed and we had to change our plans and headed south distance is a big thing out here, what looks a little bit on a map is a 4 or 5 hour drive! we sure will try though once we get near each other :-)

Posted

You probably already know what little is relevant to you guys here already, but just in case it's useful...

...DISCUSSION...

GULF OF MEXICO...

A COLD FRONT IS INLAND OVER THE N GULF STATES PRODUCING

SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION FROM EASTERN TEXAS

TO SOUTH-CENTRAL GEORGIA. SIMILAR CONVECTION IS SEEN ALONG THE

SIERRA MADRE MOUNTAINS AND EASTERN MEXICO NORTH OF 21N. THE

REMAINDER OF THE GULF HAS MOSTLY FAIR WEATHER. LIGHT SLY SURFACE

FLOW DOMINATES THE AREA. HIGH PRESSURE COVERS THE EASTERN

PORTION OF THE GULF. IN THE UPPER LEVELS...THE GULF HAS

PREDOMINATELY WNW FLOW. UPPER LEVEL MOISTURE IS BEING ADVECTED

FROM THE EPAC ACROSS SOUTHERN MEXICO...THE YUCATAN PENINSULA

INTO THE NW CARIBBEAN AND CUBA. ANOTHER BAND OF MOISTURE IS OVER

THE NRN GULF STATES FROM TEXAS TO N FLORIDA. THE COLD FRONT IS

FORECAST TO EXTEND FROM N FLORIDA TO NE MEXICO BY MONDAY MORNING

WITH SOME SHOWER/TSTM ACTIVITY...MAINLY OVER THE NW CORNER OF

THE GULF.

Posted

We blasted south from Sherman (Tx) and went for the cells near Brady, got to San Antonio and then went for a Strenthening line of cells that were moving South, got pulled over by the Sheriff in Marble Falls and got a Citation for speeding 80mph in a 70mph zone, god knows how i am supposed to appear in Court on 24th May in Marble Falls but hey ho!! Went through some amazing storms and almost got blown off the road, now sitting in Corpus Christi on the Gulf of Mexico coast in the Raddison Hotel drinking beers watching the Storms go out to Sea, our Hotel is on the Beach and is soooo expensive, but after that drive today it is worth it believe me.

Will post the image of the Speeding Fine later ;);)

Paul Sherman

Posted
got pulled over by the Sheriff in Marble Falls and got a Citation for speeding 80mph in a 70mph zone, god knows how i am supposed to appear in Court on 24th May in Marble Falls but hey ho!!

Paul Sherman

LMFAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;););)