Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Us Chase Discussion - Days 16-18

Posted

Looks like the last 3 days of our Trip will be spent on the Beach on the Gulf Of Mexico Coast, with temps of 90f and Dewpoints in the 70-80's, we are staying at the Raddison Hotel which has it's own private Beach, The Bar stays open all night by the looks of things, in fact i am typing this at the bar now, can see the surf and sandy beach from here, so if anything kicks off in the next few days we will chase but other than that this may be the wind down of the tour, and what a tour it has been, will post thoughts over the next few days, but we have certainly seen some action over our 18 days, will post an anology in the next 2 days.

Regards

Paul Sherman

Posted

In a way you guys are having the best of both worlds.

You have seen plenty of action and now you can chill out whilst having plenty of beers and relaxing on the beach so to me you have had the ideal holiday.

Just want to say thanks for posting on the forum whilst you've been away because i've throughly enjoyed following the threads.

Posted

just to echo TEITS.. its been great to be able to follow you guys.. thanks for taking the time to post.. still cant wait too see that video.. ;)

enjoy the beach and the beers chaps.. ;)

Posted
...DISCUSSION...

GULF OF MEXICO...

COLD FRONT ENTERING N GULF COASTAL WATERS BRINGS PLENTY OF

CLOUDINESS AND WITH SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG

CONVECTION ALONG BOUNDARY. LARGE MCC SURROUNDS LOW PRES 1006 MB

OVER TEXAS/MEXICO BORDER HAS DECREASED CONVECTION LAST 6 HRS.

JET STREAM 110 KT TURNING AROUND UPPER LEVEL SHORT WAVE OVER

CENTRAL LOUISIANA WITH UPPER DIFFLUENT FLOW ENHANCING

STRONG...POSSIBLY SEVERE...CONVECTION OVER SE TEXAS COASTAL

WATERS AND FURTHER SOUTH. FAIRLY DRY AIR MASS AND LIGHTER WINDS

PREVIOUSLY OVER GULF ESCAPING THE ADVANCE OF COLD FRONT ENTERING

GULF WITH STRONG SURFACE WINDS AND SCATTERED CONVECTION

SPREADING IT ALL EASTWARD THROUGH WED.

Not that I'd want to spoil the party, but is there any chance of all that convection in coastal South East TX amounting to anything?

Posted
Looks like the last 3 days of our Trip will be spent on the Beach on the Gulf Of Mexico Coast, with temps of 90f and Dewpoints in the 70-80's, we are staying at the Raddison Hotel which has it's own private Beach, The Bar stays open all night by the looks of things, in fact i am typing this at the bar now, can see the surf and sandy beach from here, so if anything kicks off in the next few days we will chase but other than that this may be the wind down of the tour, and what a tour it has been, will post thoughts over the next few days, but we have certainly seen some action over our 18 days, will post an anology in the next 2 days.

Regards

Paul Sherman

Hey guys I had just a suspition you were down there! yes blinking block!!! we are hoping things will change, considering a long drive ourselfs form here in BRADY TX to NM then AZ and dust devil chasing and the GRAND CANYON is what we plan to kill the next few days !!

Posted

Many Thanks for the kind words guys, we have enjoyed this trip this year and posting the images for you, the first 7 days were explosive to say the least, with just about everything thrown in and the last 7 days have seen just 1 chase day, 9 Chase Days and 8 rest days or busts, It has not been the best May either with the month being about 40% under average so to see Tornadoes, Bow Echoes and Numerous Supercells i think we have been very lucky, when the Videos get uploaded you will see for yourself the adrenalin rush from the chase and how scary some situations become from good ol Mother Nature. Good luck with those Dusty Devils Steve, sounds fun, do you drive straight through em??

Paul Sherman

Posted
Many Thanks for the kind words guys, we have enjoyed this trip this year and posting the images for you, the first 7 days were explosive to say the least, with just about everything thrown in and the last 7 days have seen just 1 chase day, 9 Chase Days and 8 rest days or busts, It has not been the best May either with the month being about 40% under average so to see Tornadoes, Bow Echoes and Numerous Supercells i think we have been very lucky, when the Videos get uploaded you will see for yourself the adrenalin rush from the chase and how scary some situations become from good ol Mother Nature. Good luck with those Dusty Devils Steve, sounds fun, do you drive straight through em??

Paul Sherman

Thanks once again boys - I also have thoroughly enjoy your stories and had some good laughs not only at the photos ;) but at the speeding fine ... do you get to take photos in the courts also haha :D

Posted

Well doen Paul and the group, certainly has been very interseting to read the posts etc, appriciate the amount of effort you guys put in, have a nice break down near the beach. :D

Posted

It's been brilliant following your progress guys, really pleased at how successful the first week was. I think you deserve a proper holiday like you're going to have this week. Get those pints & burgers down you and Paul, pay the speeding fine :D .

just to eco what others have said well done enjoyed it all the way kept me up most nights tracking storms from over here to see how you lot were doing there carnt wait till you get back to show us your videos thanks again now chill and enjoy

Posted

This is the wierd thing, have never had a Citation before, usually they hear your British Accent and ask if you are from Australia or Ireland and tell you off and tell you to obey the rules of the Road of the good ol US Of A. This time it took the Sheriff about 4 miles to catch up with me and when i pulled up at some lights in the Middle of Marble Falls all i saw in my rear view mirror was the lights flashing, TBH Whilst getting held up for about 20 minutes the guy was apologising for holding us up from the storms to our South, all he said was to phone the number on the ticket and speak to the Judge within 10 working days or 24th May, and see if they let me off, if i have to come back i have to come back i guess ;);):D

Paul Sherman

This is the wierd thing, have never had a Citation before, usually they hear your British Accent and ask if you are from Australia or Ireland and tell you off and tell you to obey the rules of the Road of the good ol US Of A. This time it took the Sheriff about 4 miles to catch up with me and when i pulled up at some lights in the Middle of Marble Falls all i saw in my rear view mirror was the lights flashing, TBH Whilst getting held up for about 20 minutes the guy was apologising for holding us up from the storms to our South, all he said was to phone the number on the ticket and speak to the Judge within 10 working days or 24th May, and see if they let me off, if i have to come back i have to come back i guess ;);):D

Paul Sherman

if you have to go back just make it b4 the end of may and have the cam at the ready ;)

Posted

Paul Sherman

[/quote

I've had a great time following you guys from my little desk (much safer, although boring) have a chilled few days before heading home. Just make sure you sort the citation side of things out though cause if you don't, they may not let you back in next year. No joke, I know someone it happened to, the kids Disney holiday went down the pan!!!

Posted

Hi Karen, yes I will phone them probably when i am back to be safe that they don't want a Court Appearance, if they want a Fine then i will have to pay it to make sure i can come back next year, the Sheriff said they sometimes tell you off severely and cannot be bothered with the paperwork and may get away with it, but our Barman last night said it could be about $100

Paul S

Posted

No Storm shots today but took a stroll down the beach and have these.

post-24-1147727407.jpg - Ozzie Matt & Pete in front of the USS Lexington

post-24-1147727444.jpg post-24-1147727464.jpg - Corpus Christi just 90 miles from Mexico

post-24-1147727505_thumb.jpg - Tern catching fish

post-24-1147727531_thumb.jpg - Pelican

post-24-1147727556_thumb.jpg - Heron

Regards

Paul Sherman

Posted

Good luck with those Dusty Devils Steve, sounds fun, do you drive straight through em??

Paul Sherman

Edited by stevestorms

Posted

I have a bike licence!!! thats my bike in the background of the pic 1550cc :-)

But nice idea, but would prefer to ride my own when I get home

Edited by stevestorms