Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports For 15/16th Of May

wolves78

Posted

Hi Folks, i`ve just found this on the BBC website, did anyone see it?

Clean up after tornado hits town.

A mini tornado has left residents clearing up debris after it struck on Monday evening in Lincolnshire.

People watched as the twister tore off roof tiles and picked up and carried rubbish across the Sleaford area.

Eyewitness Paul Golthorpe, from Finch Hatton Close in Ruskington, said he had never heard the wind make such an horrendous sound.

A trampoline was also seen by some eyewitnesses flying down the street after it was picked up by the tornado.

Perfect conditions

Mr Golthorpe said at first he had no idea what was causing the noise outside.

"We thought it was some low-flying jets but then the house started to shake a bit and I looked out of the window and saw lots of debris in the road," he said.

BBC weather presenter Jim Gould said the tornado was small-scale but significant.

"On Monday night the air destabilised and heavy showers developed with a large quantity of air in vertical motion.

"Some of the air was moving upwards and some downwards at which point various physical forces take over and adds a certain amount of spin - creating the rotational characteristics that were seen in Ruskington."

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and dry

Thunder, lightning and very heavy rain in Leeds an the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Yes- I can certainly back up the above report. Quite an impressive cloud as well.

That appears to be three thunderstorms in 10 days here!

Posted

2 torrential showers here.

Just a rumble of thunder at the end of the 2nd shower.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

The above Thunderstorm started at 16.20 where I work in Beeston. Torrential rain lasted a good half hour - 40 mins at least.

Posted
The above Thunderstorm started at 16.20 where I work in Beeston. Torrential rain lasted a good half hour - 40 mins at least.

We've just had a couple of flashes of IC lightning, visible from my perch next door to the BBC in Manchester. Can't hear any thunder because of the sound insulation, but the sky has been very black for the last couple of hours with occasional sharp rain showers.

Posted

Hi,bit late, but about 22:10ish last night we had a couple of flashes followed by rumbles of thunder over the Humber area.....must have lasted about 10-15 mins though.....

Rgds

G

Edited by GlennP

Posted

I am surprised there are no storm reports from SE Kent - it looks violent there at the moment. :

http://www.metoffice.com/weather/europe/uk/radar/index.html

It must be absolutely hammering it down over the Dover Strait!

Edited by Thundersquall

Posted
I am surprised there are no storm reports from SE Kent - it looks violent there at the moment. :

http://www.metoffice.com/weather/europe/uk/radar/index.html

It must be absolutely hammering it down over the Dover Strait!

My friend in Rye, East Sussex has informed me theres been a fair bit of distant Thunder & Lightning for the past hour or so, although nothing major he said as it is focused out towards the english channel.