Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Vid Footage - Bears Cage Close Strike

Posted
wow! Wouldnt it be alot louder than that though? :lol:

NO! when its really really close outside it is a INSTANT CRACK! and in a car its just well you heard it windows closed and--- a THUD! as the shock wave is very close, 2002 I got a flash burn from a CG on my hand it was a instand VERY LOUD CRACK----no rubble me mates in the car didnt even hear it as I stood outside a few feet from them :lol:

Ref our Tornado shot it is at the moment nearly 500mb as soon as it gets shrunk I will post it :o

Posted
NO! when its really really close outside it is a INSTANT CRACK! and in a car its just well you heard it windows closed and--- a THUD! as the shock wave is very close, 2002 I got a flash burn from a CG on my hand it was a instand VERY LOUD CRACK----no rubble me mates in the car didnt even hear it as I stood outside a few feet from them :lol:

Ref our Tornado shot it is at the moment nearly 500mb as soon as it gets shrunk I will post it :lol:

Awesome stuff.

Keep em coming.

Posted
NO! when its really really close outside it is a INSTANT CRACK! and in a car its just well you heard it windows closed and--- a THUD! as the shock wave is very close, 2002 I got a flash burn from a CG on my hand it was a instand VERY LOUD CRACK----no rubble me mates in the car didnt even hear it as I stood outside a few feet from them :blush:

Ref our Tornado shot it is at the moment nearly 500mb as soon as it gets shrunk I will post it :drunk:

Ah, ok cheers for that. You would have thought it would be a really long sort of bomb type sound like when lightning is about 50 metres or so wouldnt you, very interesting stuff though :lol:

Posted
Ah, ok cheers for that. You would have thought it would be a really long sort of bomb type sound like when lightning is about 50 metres or so wouldnt you, very interesting stuff though :D

Not in my experience mate.

I remember only too recently when my next door neighbor's house was struck by lightning, there was a short and very loud deafening crack. Bloody scared the hell out of me.

Edited by PersianPaladin

Posted
Not in my experience mate.

I remember only too recently when my next door neighbor's house was struck by lightning, there was a short and very loud deafening crack. Bloody scared the hell out of me.

Maybe different environment, but when a house not far from me got hit, it sounded just like a bomb explosion. Probably due to building shapes etc. :D

Posted

When this Video was shot on 2nd May we were chasing with 2 US Based Chasers from Oklahoma, Dave Ewoldt and Hank Baker, have been chatting with Hank and he has given me permission to post this Lightning Image from 30th May he took in North Western Oklahoma, i now know how we got so close to my Lightning Strike, this is pretty close and I think an amazing image.

post-24-1149289595.jpg

Regards

Paul Sherman

Posted

:wallbash::wallbash: is that the one that wrecked my hearing paul?? LOL.. FFS!!.. that is one hell of a close shot.. (you can only imagine my language)..

Pass on my best to those 2 guys.. talk about right place right time?? SHEESH!!!! :wallbash:

Posted
  • Location: Stewartstown (51m asl) , N.Ireland. (In Dazzling Dazza Land)
  • Location: Stewartstown (51m asl) , N.Ireland. (In Dazzling Dazza Land)

:unsure: Crikey :lol: , I hope you had spare pants!