Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Stevestorms Tornado Video

Posted

Hi ok sorry for delay James has worked very hard to bring this clip together from 2 cameras and shrink it to 2mb bare in mind it is just dark and the Tornado was in the only bit of light left we were approx 1 mile from it, it was in SW KANSAS @21:58HRS wish we couyld have been closer but it was a nice catch as there was virtually nothing in MAY to be had B)

cheers, all Steve

P.S. if anyone has probs let me know. heres the link http://www.ukstorm.net/ta2006/tornado_USA_2006_web.mpg

Edited by stevestorms

Posted

Great Capture Steve, Defo Tornado nice debris cloud on the ground as well, As you say May was Very Mean.

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

I've just taken a few stills from you video Steve just capturing the lightning. Hope you don't mind:

post-3392-1149630293_thumb.jpgpost-3392-1149630279.jpgpost-3392-1149630301_thumb.jpgpost-3392-1149630321.jpg

Could there be another tornado in the first pic? The lightning seems to highlight a funnel shape.

Again, hope you don't mind and great video Steve :D B)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds
I've just taken a few stills from you video Steve just capturing the lightning. Hope you don't mind:

post-3392-1149630293_thumb.jpgpost-3392-1149630279.jpgpost-3392-1149630301_thumb.jpgpost-3392-1149630321.jpg

Could there be another tornado in the first pic? The lightning seems to highlight a funnel shape.

Again, hope you don't mind and great video Steve :D B)

I though that was the tornado until the camera focussed in on the real thing! perhaps there were two tornadoes!

Posted

no problem with the captures go ahead, I just dont think the storm was violent enough to make another Tornado although we have got a great cone funnel from just above us on tape somewhere from this same storm after the tornado had disapated. its funny we were in some nasty storms far worse than this one and no tornado then yer get this active but not visious tstorm produces??? go figure