Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Cat Clearance

Posted

Does anyone know of any ways to get rid of cats, or rather to make them s**t elsewhere :)

I'm not anti cats, it's just that we seem to have some seriously lazy cats that will go anywhere :)

Posted

When I was a child, my neighbour used to put lengths of cut down hose pipe in his garden to deter our cat from pooping there. Apparently the hose pipe looks like a snake, which rather stops a cat from wanting to poop right next to it!.

Edited by Lady Penelope

Posted
Does anyone know of any ways to get rid of cats, or rather to make them s**t elsewhere :)

I'm not anti cats, it's just that we seem to have some seriously lazy cats that will go anywhere :)

I know a good use for a cat, should you manage to catch it doing horrid things on your lawn. It will also help the cat owner, as they'll get their pet back clean.........

How To Clean Your Toilet - The Fun Way

Instructions on how to clean your toilet

1. Put both lids of the toilet up and add 1/8 cup of pet shampoo to the water in the bowl.

2. Pick up the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the bathroom.

3. In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close both lids. You may need to stand on the lid.

4. The cat will self agitate and make ample suds. Never mind the noises that come from the toilet, the cat is actually enjoying this.

5. Flush the toilet three or four times. This provides a "power-wash" and rinse".

6. Have someone open the front door of your home. Be sure that there are no people between the bathroom and the front door.

7. Stand behind the toilet as far as you can, and quickly lift both lids.

8. The cat will rocket out of the toilet, streak through the bathroom, and run outside where he will dry himself off.

9. Both the commode and the cat will be sparkling clean.

Paul

Posted

Lion poo, you can buy it online and most garden centres, works a treat :) no dont laugh, I am serious.

Posted

I was considering Lion poo - but I hear it stinks the neighbourhood out, I don't want a gardening asbo :lol:

Someone on a forum said to scatter cat biscuits around in the garden, the thinking being that the cat wont shat where it eats. But I don't fancy a garden full of cat biscuits either. Still yet to try the chopped up hose pipe method, but the cat sits on the bike shed roof right next to where the hose pipe is coiled up on the wall, so I'm not sure I'll even bother. Maybe a life size papier mache animatronics Lion in the garden would work - I'd like that.

Posted

Cat lover though I am I must admit that coming across cat poo in the garden is not funny. Non-cat lovers I know swear by water pistols. Doesn't really harm the cat. You're supposed to be able to get electronic cat-away devices - they emit a low or high frequency noise that, allegedly, drives cats away. Places like argos do them - their one is called 'Cat Guard' and costs £30. No idea if it works though!

Posted
I know a good use for a cat, should you manage to catch it doing horrid things on your lawn. It will also help the cat owner, as they'll get their pet back clean.........

How To Clean Your Toilet - The Fun Way

Instructions on how to clean your toilet

1. Put both lids of the toilet up and add 1/8 cup of pet shampoo to the water in the bowl.

2. Pick up the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the bathroom.

3. In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close both lids. You may need to stand on the lid.

4. The cat will self agitate and make ample suds. Never mind the noises that come from the toilet, the cat is actually enjoying this.

5. Flush the toilet three or four times. This provides a "power-wash" and rinse".

6. Have someone open the front door of your home. Be sure that there are no people between the bathroom and the front door.

7. Stand behind the toilet as far as you can, and quickly lift both lids.

8. The cat will rocket out of the toilet, streak through the bathroom, and run outside where he will dry himself off.

9. Both the commode and the cat will be sparkling clean.

Paul

Not funny - in fact, is classed as cruelty; please can you not post stuff like that as it does encourage people to do stupid things along those lines and I am a member of RSPCA.

Thanks

Posted
it does encourage people to do stupid things along those lines and I am a member of RSPCA.

Yes I was even wary about suggesting water pistols, because some horrible people have been known to use real guns. I'm not sure if a water pistol is fair really ... but I do know that if you're a keen gardener then cat poo can be pretty disgusting. I'd give the electronic thing a go perhaps. The idea of using another animal's scent is interesting: it's a way of scaring off foxes.

Posted
Yes I was even wary about suggesting water pistols, because some horrible people have been known to use real guns. I'm not sure if a water pistol is fair really ... but I do know that if you're a keen gardener then cat poo can be pretty disgusting. I'd give the electronic thing a go perhaps. The idea of using another animal's scent is interesting: it's a way of scaring off foxes.

believe me I know - watre pistols are fine though - my cats use my garden and not the neighbours!!! They have a specific place down the bottom which I call Pooh Corner!!! :lol: And I am a keen gardener - love my flowers and I do know how cats can be a pain at times - I use Cat-Off which is like a pepper substance and it seems to work, only on the parts I don't want them to go on (if you get my drift)

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

Cat poo should always be returned to it's rightful owners. It's the neighbourly thing to do.

At a previous house I lived in, next doors cat used to use my flower beds as a toilet. With the aid of a gardening trowel and some careful aiming, I could just about reach their patio furniture.

Posted

menthol crystals scattered in the area where they have been seems to work.. been planting out this last week and sprinkled some around and nothings been in the flowerbed..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

water pistols really get the message across that they're unwelcome cos you can laugh loudly while squirting them - and cats know what that means. i was resorting to this last year to deter toms from molesting my 2 elderly ladies and it worked a treat even on the biggest and fiercest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
A dog.

Dog Doh a dumb swear filter got the better of met!!! :D

Posted
Does anyone know of any ways to get rid of cats, or rather to make them s**t elsewhere :D

I'm not anti cats, it's just that we seem to have some seriously lazy cats that will go anywhere :D

Waterpistols or get your own cat: with luck he/she will drive out intruders and defecate in someone else's garden.

Angel: that really was a trifle pompous? I cannot imagine anyone being encouraged to mistreat a cat on the basis of Dawlish's post...a sense of proportion please.

Regards

ACB

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Eureka/I have found the answer!

A couple of days ago, one evening, I was looking out my window into the garden admiring the fast rate of growth :)

I spotted the neighbours cat preparing to lay one of it's eggs. I legged it outside, livid, with intent to commit felinecide.

Well the cat disarmed me by doing 'nobody loves me' type miaowing and coming closer and closer. I went back inside, just managing to close the cat out and me in.

For some reason, we've got a toy cuddly lion about 3 foot long. I picked it up and took it outside making lion noises (as best as I could - nevermind what the neighbours think anymore :( ). The cat, surprisingly, seemed fooled by this and tried to leg it out of the garden, to get away from the hungry lion that had presumably escaped from the zoo!?

Of all the places the cat could have chosen to scramble over the low wall and up the fence, it chose where I have put my 2 large cacti :doh: It got off these quickly, found another exit and I haven't seen it since. I'm pleased to report I've not seen it since, touch wood, and thankfully the cacti are undamaged. :)

I know, I'm a very bad person :(:)

Edited by I can't believe it's not better

Posted
  • Location: Stewartstown (51m asl) , N.Ireland. (In Dazzling Dazza Land)
  • Location: Stewartstown (51m asl) , N.Ireland. (In Dazzling Dazza Land)

Tsk, I saw the title and though Katie was having a jumble sale :(

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

Cats hate

Lemon Balm - the only problem is that it is highly vigorous and will potentially take over, has a wonderful aroma when you stroke the leaves and yields tiny white flower in the summer.

Needs to be cut back during the autumn and thinned out during the spring.

OR

Lavender - positive side is that it attracts both butterflies and bees and is a wonderful cottage garden plant with a lovely aroma - downside, once established they become quite woody and cutting back just isn't enough - I usually remove and replace mine every 2-3 years.

Posted

Buy an anaconda. Maybe 2. I know I've said it before, but I reckon it would be a brill way to get rid of the furry pests (no offence to cat lovers, of course!).

Paul

Posted
Buy an anaconda. Maybe 2. I know I've said it before, but I reckon it would be a brill way to get rid of the furry pests (no offence to cat lovers, of course!).

Paul

And of course the bird population would be down to nil as well as next door's little pooch!

I just use Cat Off from Homebase - I have 19 cats and they go in my garden in one part at the bottom but sometimes use the lawn in one particular place, so I always use cat off there and it seems to work! It smells of garlic and white pepper to be honest - but it seriously does the trick. (they hate curry powder too!) - just think what an aromatic garden you will have - flowers, curry, garlic, pepper!! :)

Give it a go hun and I am sure it will work - you have to reapply if it rains though (so you should be alright for the next month or so!!)

Edited by Angel15

Posted

There is also the suggestion of the big lemonade bottles, or should it be some brown coloured ones ? filled with water (to stop them blowing about ?) laid in the flower beds, seemed to work, but a good chasing by 2 dogs seems to have a lasting effect :)

Edited by Verglas

Posted

19 cats, I got 4 and that seems alot, I'd love more, the silver tabby I bought last year is besoted with me, follows me about, he's gorgeous, it's difficult to get kittens nowadays, I had to drive to Norwich to get the tabby, 2 years ago. And really expensive, I made sure he had all his jabs, he's got a booster this month. He's a v good boy when it comes to the vets.

As to you DAWLISH, I think you should rename yourself as dippy, drip, or a evil person, if you don't like cats then keep it to yourself, I'm sure if one of your terds got caught in the drain and the council came round they wouldn't like it, but I hardly think they'd suggest ways to mentally torcher or kill you. Plus, if youngsters read this website which I'm sure they do then they read your posts and that gives them ammunition to go and hurt animals. I get angry when I read that people shoot cats and dogs with air rifles or some people set those traps that shatter legs, all encouraged by people like you who instead of blurting twisted ideas should just say thankyou and appreciate the animals on this planet instead of finding ways to kill or mame them, or scare the crap out of them. Which it seems more and more people want to do nowadays!!

Posted
19 cats, I got 4 and that seems alot, I'd love more, the silver tabby I bought last year is besoted with me, follows me about, he's gorgeous, it's difficult to get kittens nowadays, I had to drive to Norwich to get the tabby, 2 years ago. And really expensive, I made sure he had all his jabs, he's got a booster this month. He's a v good boy when it comes to the vets.

As to you DAWLISH, I think you should rename yourself as dippy, drip, or a evil person, if you don't like cats then keep it to yourself, I'm sure if one of your terds got caught in the drain and the council came round they wouldn't like it, but I hardly think they'd suggest ways to mentally torcher or kill you. Plus, if youngsters read this website which I'm sure they do then they read your posts and that gives them ammunition to go and hurt animals. I get angry when I read that people shoot cats and dogs with air rifles or some people set those traps that shatter legs, all encouraged by people like you who instead of blurting twisted ideas should just say thankyou and appreciate the animals on this planet instead of finding ways to kill or mame them, or scare the crap out of them. Which it seems more and more people want to do nowadays!!

:):):D

I'll go and sit in the humourless room then :)