Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports 02/07/06

MP-R

Posted

The thing i dont get is why are some lightning maps still reporting thunderstorms in my area? Yet on others there is nothing to report?

Map 1 (oxfordshire activity)

Map2

Posted

Didn't think we was gonna get much, but after waiting half an hour after the first flash of lightening things improved. but gusty winds and heavy clouds showed that something was gonna happen.

Big flash of lightening about 8.15pm then a long long long rumble of thunder followed a few seconds later.

slow but steady thunder and lightening followed for the next half hour. Seemed like the lightening had to recharge the dynamo before setting off the next big flash :)

Things stepped up a gear about 8.45 when lightening cobwebbed across the sky followed by a rumble of thunder that lasted for ages. You could practically plot its course through the sky. This seemed to set the pattern for the next half hour with the next flash of lightening happening before the last rumble had died away.

Infrequent now and raining but not the downpour i was expecting.

Has anyone noticed a slight pink or lilac tinge to the lightening??

Posted

I noticed a bit of pinkness in it. It's caused by the pollution i think..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

for a few hours we had an extremely intense storm...about 4pm to 7.it was amazing,with CG approx every ten seconds.even my parents had never seen anything quite like it.What a show, i doubt i will see anything like that again...seriously though, there wasnt any silence for about 3 hrs.just constand thunder

Posted

We had a few rumbles around 9:30pm, but it's gone very quiet since then :)

Ah well, maybe tomorrow...

Posted

add one to my tally please..... nice cg strikes right in front of me. just couldnt keep the shutter open long enuff :)

Posted

I notice the Met office have removed their severe weather warnings for the SW and Wales? There looks to be a real stonker building out west on the radar anyone out towards Pembrook might care to look to the SE

Posted

take a look at the sat picc link I gave and the info on what direction the main cloud mass may move in

John

Posted

storm started about 1930 finished about 2200..

as with most things in this neck of the woods... the storm was pretty laid back... just the odd bright flash and bang but most IC with rumblings.. quite heavy rain tho.. 18mm of rain and counting..

nice summer storm.. :)

Posted

hi P

that is the highest by a fair margin I've come across, must be much higher in some areas of Cheshire and Manchester

j

Posted

Had a great long storm this afternoon which lasted well over an hour, with flash floods, hail, frequent forks of

lightening, and a few power cuts!! Ive just about re-set all my clocks!! hehe. No wonder the England team couldnt

land at Manchester airport!!

post-3616-1151878985_thumb.jpg

post-3616-1151879012_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards
Had a great long storm this afternoon which lasted well over an hour, with flash floods, hail, frequent forks of

lightening, and a few power cuts!! Ive just about re-set all my clocks!! hehe. No wonder the England team couldnt

land at Manchester airport!!

tell me about it i was in Hyde and i thought my car was hit!! very very scary conditions but loved every minute of it! lets hope we have some more on the way

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Vivid blue lightning at around 2:30am... :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
for a few hours we had an extremely intense storm...about 4pm to 7.it was amazing,with CG approx every ten seconds.even my parents had never seen anything quite like it.What a show, i doubt i will see anything like that again...seriously though, there wasnt any silence for about 3 hrs.just constand thunder

ive not seen a uk storm like that for over 30 years..... however in the 60's-early 70's they were quite common..

we had 5 decent lightening strikes last night, and a light shower.... thats it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

We had some thunderstorms last night :

3rd July 2006 - After a hot day, showers started building to the south and thunder could be heard from the west. As the night progressed the lightning became more intense and heavy rain started. By 1am there was some intense cracks of thunder and fork lightning strikes not far from my house. Most of the activity was to the northwest of swansea however a sudden torrential pulse of rain came over almost like a cloud burst with some very close lightning and gusty winds. Thunderstorms gradually cleared by 2am leaving some mist and it was a very warm night. During the morning the cloud slowly cleared to hot sunshine once again.

Posted

:huh: That big storm that crossed Manchester seems to have been a monster? Are there any links to the local papers online?

Posted

2nd July

Didn't start early, around 1.45 pm, good TS, quite heavy thunder, lightning now and again, and heavy showers. Lasted just over 45 mins, but cleared the skies for the rest of this week.

Ryan