Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports: 4th July 2006

Posted

absolfkinlutely gorgeous 3/4 of an hour of thunder, lightning, anvils galore in bushbury/wolverhampton... i counted 2 maybe even three separate storms that went through one right after the other. plenty of CG and an anvil that was humongous.... i ended up in cannock, and looking towards birmingham, it filled the entire FoV with an 18mm lens, and another anvil over wolves that was almost as flat as my exwifes chest... so you can notch up another 2 for me (i aint greedy :( )

Edited by Thunder

Posted

I must be in the worst spot for thunderstorms :( We have had absolutly nothing here apart from very hot muggy weather all day. Very slight breeze now but still muggy 9:25pm Didcot Oxfordshire. It is however not fair we need a good storm to clear the air!!!

Posted

Storm's now cleared, just. Didn't see any lightning actually, but it just skimmed us and was more to our East (I can't get a good view over that way).. towards Stoke I guess. The sky to the front is amazing red colour with the storm clouds that have just passed us. Very ominous looking. Looks like they're heading up the M6 towards Manchester.

Thunder wasn't very loud, more rumblings than anything. Let's hope that's it for the night now! Air is much fresher so here's hoping! The rain was awesome though.. huge droplets, pelting it down for a good ten mins. Now that I can handle, lol!

Edited by Louise

Posted

It;s just gone very dark and muggy looks like the storm is heading in my direction (CHESTER)

Posted

I'm in Gresford 8 miles south of Chester, sky is getting dark with slight rainfall, very humid, no sign of any thunder :( we never seam to get any.

Posted
Thunder heard from around 20.20, occasional flashes of lightning to south. Could it be your storm Louise?

20.38 Getting closer. Here comes the rain.

21.05 Storm moving away, rain ceased, passed to east of my location.

Another storm moving in from SW around 21.30 took out my computer. Fortunately no serious damage.

Posted
It;s just gone very dark and muggy looks like the storm is heading in my direction (CHESTER)

Oh please, let it be heading this way!! I've been waiting for the last couple of hours (well, the last couple of days!) - yet again very muggy, strike alert beeping (although not as close now as it was at 20:30), I can't believe we've had nothing at all here yet! I've even got the usual pre-storm headache, so here's hoping!

Posted

I am about 5 miles from chester in Gt Sutton - still no rain or thunder but very sticky!!!

We haven't had any rain for ages - my mum lives in Kelsall 8 miles from Chester and it poured down on Sunday and we didn't get any!!!!

Anyway I hope we get a good storm!!!!!!!!!

Posted

Lancelc1 - I'm about a mile away from you, and the strike alert is now showing hits at 0 - 6 miles, so here's hoping! (tried to PM you, but didn't work!)

Posted

what does PM mean? only joined tonight??????

I've just been outside as i thought I heard some thunder but it wasn't (i think it may have been next door!!!!)

Posted
what does PM mean? only joined tonight??????

I've just been outside as i thought I heard some thunder but it wasn't (i think it may have been next door!!!!)

i thought i heard thunder this evening - and then i realised it was the local army firing range.

:(

despite all the media warnings about storms, not a bit of it here in the middle of hampshire..

Posted
Lancelc1 - I'm about a mile away from you, and the strike alert is now showing hits at 0 - 6 miles, so here's hoping! (tried to PM you, but didn't work!)

Mine is showing 12-24 which would tally with yours.

OOPS ! sorry posted in wrong area

Edited by shaun l