Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports 05th July 2006

Posted

Please post those loverly Storm Reports Here for Wild Wednesday

Paul Sherman

Posted

Hi Paul..

looking forward to todays storms but im not gonna hold my breath up here mate.. something says they will track east or west.. as they travel up from the south they hit matlock bar and split.. if i feel brave enough again ill head over there.. usually quite nasty... but good photo opportunities for anyone local.. OT i know but hey!!.. after last years wipe out i thought it might be a good idea to point out a good location.. :(

Posted

Hmmm, since you closed todays one already I guess I'll have to put it here.

Brief storm here at around 2pm. Some good lightning displays and loud thunder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

Lightning strikes out at Swanage and now Poole harbour - I can hear rumbles of thunder !!!

Posted

My very first thunder storm of the year is now over head but it is a real let down as it is very weak with about a strike a minuet but looking at the sferics there is more activity in land over the downs. Even the rain from this storm is nothing to write about, very disappointing.

Hopefully we see something better as the day goes on.

Posted

Thunder heard at 04:30 - just a few rumbles and steady rain - air still very humid and heavy - sky looks like the real storm has yet to arrive.

Posted

IOW weather lightning detector thing online shows strikes all around me, but I hear nothing, even being on a busy road shouldn't make that much difference. It's very dark, yellowy grey overcast skies, a tad misty.

Cool breeze also.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms and extreme weather

Rumbles of thunder odd flash of lightning, extreamly dark ! but not actually raining here yet. Looks promising. IOW lightning dectector very busy

http://www.isleofwightweather.com/lightning.html

8.16am edit: just finished posting this when it started to rain

Edited by wallopweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

A late storm report from yesterday afternoon. Torrential rain and thunder between 4.30 and 5.30pm. 3mm fell and a lot of thunder behind the storm.

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Thunderstorm currently moving and expanding NW over town, flash and loud rumble every few minutes.

Posted

thunderstorms over basingstoke between 7am and 8am roughly. rain became torrential in bursts. no hailstones.

not sure if it was connected , but i couldnt receive any BBC radio channel on my car radio on the way to work this morning - was a transmitter hit? I could receive 2-10 FM (local radio), and Classic FM was coming and going with static - but not a bit of BBC , until i got closer to Petersfield , about 20 miles south of B'stoke.

currently at work here in Petersfield - overcast, rain, but no thunder at the moment.

Edited by justinflavin

Posted

We had a small storm pass over at around 08:30am thius morning, produced some nice CG lightning and very rain but that was about it. Its moved on now and only lasted 30 mins.

Posted

Tiny weak thunderstorm passing over now, moderate rain, 1 rumble so far, will be around 1-3pm when the strongest storms occur I think.

Posted

Wooo Massive thunder clap :D

Nice Shortish Storm passing over me now Clearing skies to east

Posted

6am - rumbles in the distance, one or two nearby with just a few flashes, along with very brief heavy rain. Apparently the Lancing area, a few miles down the road, experienced a more intense storm, must have been what I had heard.

So far nothing since then.

Edited by xxsnowflakexx

Posted

There's a storm currently passing to the east of us - over Leicester maybe - which is producing some thunder and the odd distant lightning flash. It's also getting very dark here, at the moment :D

Posted

Thunderstorm with quite a lot of lightning and staedy rain as I was leaving for work. Moving NNW along the Chiltern escarpment. Humid and overcast in Amersham now.

Idiot! Time of storm I just reported was 0745

Posted

Just started raining and 3 rumbles of thunder (I'm currently on the Wirral). Very humid.

Posted

Right yet another report of a thundertorm which occured about 45mins ago. was the most potent cell by far today with several decent cracks of thunder, 1cm hail and also heavy heavy rain, roads flooded upto 1inch with lots of surface spray about.