Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports 6th July 2006

wallopweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms and extreme weather

Still plenty of storm activity around especially in Oxfordshire this morning. Post your reports for thursday here :lol:

Posted

Been thundering in Swindon since it woke me up at 4.15 this morning

Posted

All i can say is jesus christ got woken up by the loudeset of bangs at 7 30 and its like a battleground here,flash,bang,flash,bang.the thunders is just full on explosions and gun shots going off its like being in the u.s this is one mad storm,i not heard anything like it over here before.so far since storm we have had 24m of rain from this at a rate of 3.2mm/min or 194.6mm/hr.

so far this storm has kicked out 27mm of rain with in an hour,worst seems to be over but sirens was goin off wether it be police or wat i am not sure.

Posted

Woken up at 5am with bangs and crashes and torrential rain. The thunder and lightening went on until 7.30am but we still have torrential rain. Approx 3" of rain in the bucket outside :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Intense thunder and lightning for three hours starting just after 11pm last night followed by very heavy rain and flooding since 2am.

Posted

I got woken up as few minutes ago by the sound of thunder, here. It had also been raining, though not all that hard and it's stopped now anyway. The lightning seems to be coming at a rate of about 1 a minute, but it does have little spirts of more intense activity.

Posted

Was woken at 04.30 by very heavy rain, thunder then heard to the North and some sheet lightning observed until about 05.00, lots of low cloud though.

A second storm nearer to us around 06.00 which died quickly after about 15 minutes.

Just been told by my Father that there was also thunder rumbling to the North around midnight last night.

Posted
Was woken at 04.30 by very heavy rain, thunder then heard to the North and some sheet lightning observed until about 05.00, lots of low cloud though.

A second storm nearer to us around 06.00 which died quickly after about 15 minutes.

Just been told by my Father that there was also thunder rumbling to the North around midnight last night.

Andy, was that your email they read out on this mornings weather report on BBC 1's news. ??

only they said the sender was an "Andy Bown" :lol:

Posted

Had a storm pass very close by my location in south northants (Towcester) Lightining every minute or so. Loud booming thunder and heavey rain. The storm has pretty much passed now, in the northly direction.

Posted

Another storm's passing us, here. The lightning's more intermittant and the rain very light, but it's getting very dark here - more like 4am than 10am :blink:

Posted

Mod/heavy rain with occasional rumbles of thunder, started 08z and looks like continuing for a while ...

Posted

Well i can say after 3 hours of TS activity it is now just rain,cant complain though as what i woke up to was incredible.

huge storm passed over us in south leicestershire... was in the medical centre at the time and the power went. Very loud claps of thunder, and torrential rain. Our town centre is completely closed off as it has flooded

Posted

thunder to south, no lightning or ppn

Posted

the storm here came up from the south with the first rumbles from about 1400, then c-c lightning visible, not very frequent, from 1420, no rain, rain commenced 1434 instantly at 45mm per hour, just as if someone turned a tap on, got up to 48 but soon went back down below 10mm per hour, tl with c-g strikes visible in near distance, possibly 4-6 seen, then by 1440 rain almost ceased and just the odd rumble, mostly to the north.

Total rainfall only 4.6mm but prob about 30% more as my gauge is both over sheltered and at 45mm per hour some will have been missed each time the bucket tips.

John

Posted

thunderstorm this morning from 4:30am onwards till about 9am, long lasting downpour with about 70mm i would have thought maybe more, rain sensor went on the blink though.

Most powerful i have seen since Aug 2004.

Posted

Hi,

Just had smallish T/Storm here in Grimsby about 15 mins agao. Little bit of rain, no lightning seen and only a couple of rumbles. Came in off the coast.

Didn't seem to have cooled things down as it seems to be getting more muggy outside.....

Rgds

G

Posted

Hearing some rumbles to the North and west of Grimsby now. Just had a close CG and a loud crack to go with it.......still quite light at the mo, but getting humid.

seems to be more intense to the west......

Rgds

Posted

Storm passed over Redditch Worcs. Rumbles heard from approx 5pm ending at about 5.50pm. Think I was on the southern edge of the storm though the thunder was was quite loud at times. Storm passed off to the East of me.