Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Bubbles In The Grass Min

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Had the same problem last year with it but then Fox Cubs were playing with it overnight as it would move. Anyway it looks like I was wrong blaming them as this time it hasn't moved and everyday this week theres been fresh bubbles which of course spoil the temp reading. Is the damn thing knackered????

I get them out each time using Hot Water I just can't understand why they're coming back.

Posted

where do you put the thermometer during the day?

Posted
where do you put the thermometer during the day?

Sits out in the sun

Posted

that explains it, put it in your screen if you have one, after making sure there are no bubbles in it after you have read it. If you have no screen then somewhere safe in the shade.

John

Posted
that explains it, put it in your screen if you have one, after making sure there are no bubbles in it after you have read it. If you have no screen then somewhere safe in the shade.

John

Yeh thats the problem. Trouble is when I leave for work putting it in the screen will mean we'll miss the lowest temps later in the year. My Mother will never remember how to do it so going have to find a way of Shading it. Never had the problem with the previous one I guess that one read much higher temps and could handle it.

Posted

there is no need to worry about during the winter half of the year, its highly unlikely to give bubbles in it. Your only problem is during the high sunshine levels in the summer half of the year, and as the sun is up by 4.45am, according to my web site, then you have nothing to worry about the lowest temp at this time of the year.

John

as to why this one and not the one before it may be something to do with whether either was/is alcohol not mercury. Some mercury give problems but also so do alcohol.

Posted
there is no need to worry about during the winter half of the year, its highly unlikely to give bubbles in it. Your only problem is during the high sunshine levels in the summer half of the year, and as the sun is up by 4.45am, according to my web site, then you have nothing to worry about the lowest temp at this time of the year.

John

as to why this one and not the one before it may be something to do with whether either was/is alcohol not mercury. Some mercury give problems but also so do alcohol.

It's Alcohol this one can't remember the other one.