Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Is That It?

mushymanrob

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

after watching (on the radar) a huge band of rain with bright echos advancing towards me.... it disintergrates into nothing much but drizzly moisture!

i need rain, lots of it... derby is a desert!, i need rain to water the gardens, i lose income big style if its too dry...

Posted
after watching (on the radar) a huge band of rain with bright echos advancing towards me.... it disintergrates into nothing much but drizzly moisture!

i need rain, lots of it... derby is a desert!, i need rain to water the gardens, i lose income big style if its too dry...

You may get something more significant on Monday but as you well know by now settled, dry weather is expected after that. :blush:

Posted

How do you think we feel in Surrey? I live in a brontophobes paradise, no storms and no rain!

Perhaps you should try one of those rain dances!!!

Posted

yes i know, it looked like we was in for quite awet night with moderate totals but it broke up as it made landfall. Seems to be a repeating pattern now with these weather systems.

Posted
What do you want us to do about it?

have a whip round, that would be helpful. :blush:

im a horticultural technition, (i cut grass) after a cold spring when i lost a whole 2 weeks work due to the late start, the last thing i want is a drought this summer... heat and storms please!!!

i see no useful rain until at least the breakdown of the next hot spell...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms storms and more storms
have a whip round, that would be helpful. :blush:

im a horticultural technition, (i cut grass) after a cold spring when i lost a whole 2 weeks work due to the late start, the last thing i want is a drought this summer... heat and storms please!!!

i see no useful rain until at least the breakdown of the next hot spell...

Can only sympathise - we have had absolutely no rain here (not even from a passing thunderstorm this week). The garden (which is huge) is dying on its feet! I've given up watering - on a water meter! Trees are beginning to turn gold. Was hoping for at least an hour or two last night but it wasn't to be. As for cutting the grass - what grass??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I know what you mean Rob - i live in Derby too and it seems the rain never actually reaches here. Last week there were plenty of places that saw thunderstorms but we got very little (2 rumbles and 3 mins of rain). People think the Midlands have done better in the last 2 years for thunderstorms and this is true but Derby seems to not be included in this.

Candice - isn't the saying 'when one door opens another slams shut in your face'? :blush:

Posted

Candice - isn't the saying 'when one door opens another slams shut in your face'? :blush:

We did'nt get as much rain as expected either but thankfully saw some decent rainfall last week to keep us going for a week or two.At least the grass is a little greener now but will more than likely turn brown again by next weekend.

Posted
Can only sympathise - we have had absolutely no rain here (not even from a passing thunderstorm this week). The garden (which is huge) is dying on its feet! I've given up watering - on a water meter! Trees are beginning to turn gold. Was hoping for at least an hour or two last night but it wasn't to be. As for cutting the grass - what grass??

I've just had to tip a bucket of rain water down the drain, I need it to change the aquarium water. The 45gal water butt is full and the garden is leached out. Pity I can't sell it really.

That rain progged for Monday overnight Tuesday, is now reducing on the 12z gfs precip chart and shifting away from the south, more towards the middle and north. Then it intensifies in the North sea, after it's shot over us. post-4119-1152465264.png

Posted
I've just had to tip a bucket of rain water down the drain, I need it to change the aquarium water. The 45gal water butt is full and the garden is leached out. Pity I can't sell it really.

That rain progged for Monday overnight Tuesday, is now reducing on the 12z gfs precip chart and shifting away from the south, more towards the middle and north. Then it intensifies in the North sea, after it's shot over us. post-4119-1152465264.png

Send your spare water over here mate!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

I've seen that plenty up here.

All the storms disintegrate as they get up here... very frustrating as PersianPaladin will tell you!

Posted

If you want rain, my suggestion is you move to Cornwall. We never seem to get anything but rain here.

Posted

normaly i dont want rain, cutting wet grass is no fun, cutting sparse dry grass is fun! easy money! but theres a fine balance between drought and too much.

well after tonights possible rain (i bet we get nowt) theres nothing on the horizon for the foreseeable future....