Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports 22nd July 2006

Posted

Nice refreshing lovely jubbly storm here now :blush: thunder activity aint all that at mo.. But who cares ITS RAINING :)

Posted

Just had 2 pretty good but small storms pass over.

The first from around 11.20 and the 2nd from 12.20. Both lasting about 40 mins. Very heavy ain from the 2nd one that caused local flooding on the roads, a few man hole covers are off and some teriffic pink fork lightning. Very loud thunder too with even distant rumbles carrying a long distance.

Posted
Turning dark here in the Wallops, light spots of rain, storms not too far away. Following link very useful for local area info:

Isle of Wight Lightning data

Hopefully I'll have some pictures to post later today

What do the green dotted circles represent?

Posted

Swindon is the place to be at the minute. Cracking storm as i write. Any floods over your way yet AL.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms and extreme weather
What do the green dotted circles represent?

Green dotted circles represent tracked thunderstorms, the data relating to them should be visible further down the page. Each storm has a number which relates to the traxreport

Storm hit here with very gusty winds, strong enough to tip empty wheely bins over and topple some road closed signs we have outside our place. Very heavy rain followed with sheet lightning and thunder all over-head but did not see any CG lightning.

Still raining with some odd flashes and rumbles but much brighter and less violent that initial start

Edited by wallopweather

Posted
Swindon is the place to be at the minute. Cracking storm as i write. Any floods over your way yet AL.

I've not been out of the house......due to the intense rain.Storms moving NNE, i have some great cloud formation before the storm hit! Awesome storm, possibly some rotation i'll post pics later! :)

If you are NNE of here, you are soon going to get a pasting!!

Posted

One small storm at 3am this morning, not overhead but lots of lightning with a small amount of distant thunder.

Just had a steady thunderstorm from about 12.15 pm - 1.45pm, no fork lightning but lots of steady flashes and always followed by a rumble of thunder. All cleared now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.
I've not been out of the house......due to the intense rain.Storms moving NNE, i have some great cloud formation before the storm hit! Awesome storm, possibly some rotation i'll post pics later! :)

Looks like you`re right according to met office radar i`m in the firing line,20miles east of B`ham.

Temp.26c,very muggy and dark leaden sky.

Posted

Current Status:

heavy.jpg

Didcot Oxfordshire 03:00am:

Very extreem electric storm constent flashing couple of claps of thunder

Didcot Oxfordshire 14:24pm:

Very heavy rain hail / fall

Odd lightning and thunder

Tempreture cooling

First true storm`s of the year

Edited by StormChaser

Posted
Looks like you`re right according to met office radar i`m in the firing line,20miles east of B`ham.

Temp.26c,very muggy and dark leaden sky.

I can concur with this. It's very very black towards the south west and if the Met Office's rainfall RADAR is anything to go by, we're about to get a battering!

No thunder and lightning, though :)

EDIT: It's just started raining.

Edited by Rob W

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Had a big storm come through 12:00-12:30ish. Frequent lightning and constant thunder along with torrential rain. Could hear the thunder for at least half an hour more as the storm moved North towards Whitby.

Posted

nice couple of storms today down south.. was in woking this morning and then chertsey, on the way back took a slight detour (i wasnt driving so wasnt sure where we were), but a lot of thunder occasional flashes on the way up.... stopped as we got closer to brum, and now it's totally chucking it down up here!!!!! wahey hopefully that will be 2 in one day :)

another one for me.. maybe even two :)

Posted

Nice thunderstorm above me now. Absolute monsoon conditions. It's amazing. The rain is almost horizontal!

Posted

Yes i seen some very fast moving rotation that might be the same as you seen as you only live over the road

thunder still going every now and again some lightning still rain slowing down now

Posted

Left Gatwick area this morning nice and sunny 28c as we went down the A23 towards Brighton could see grey clouds, about 5 miles outside saw the lightning and when we got to Shoreham there were some good forks and very heavy rain. It must have made it interesting for the light aircraft landing at Shoreham airport! Lasted a good hour and very close and frequent at times.

Callie :)

Posted

thunder n distant lightning going off every 25-25/30 seconds or so... cant see the actual lightning but can see the edges of the flashes

Posted

Pitch black here with moderate rainfall, frequent lightning and what looks like some rotation in the cloud. Anyone else noticed that?

EDIT: Frequent lightning with multiple strokes. This storm's putting on a superb display :)

Edited by Rob W

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

Thunder and Lightning here in Tamworth, Staffs for the past 20 minutes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

an area of thundery rain and dull grey clouds currently getting derby wet

i would not call it a 'storm' though, not violent enough, nor any real structure to this feature. frequent lightning is mostly rather weak.

Posted

Well, we've had some torrential downpours over the last two hours in Swindon. The wind went from about 5mph to goodness knows what all of a sudden, I'm not sure if it was downdrafts or microbursts or what, but it scared the hell out of me. Visibility was extremely poor. My poor plants have been wrecked! At one point it seemed to just be a constant rumbling overhead. We had a few close CG's and loud cracks, but mostly it's been very high based rumbles. But very frequent. It's still thundering now over two hours after it started and it's still raining steady.

Sharon

Posted

We've had 2 storms today, first at 05:30am passed fairly close by, lots of lightning, heavy rain and gusty winds. Then another which has only just finished, started about 2pm, lots of sheet lightning and heavy rain, and very strong winds.