Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moths

Posted

I often go to bed during these warm summer nights, turn my light off and then i am awoken by constant rattling and thudding noises from numerous massive moths flying around my room and into my curtains, possessions, etc. Some of them go absolutely ballistic banging themselves against walls as if they are high on acid. I find them annoying as they tend to fly right into me or in my hair, etc.

Does anybody else get irritated by moths?

Posted
I often go to bed during these warm summer nights, turn my light off and then i am awoken by constant rattling and thudding noises from numerous massive moths flying around my room and into my curtains, possessions, etc. Some of them go absolutely ballistic banging themselves against walls as if they are high on acid. I find them annoying as they tend to fly right into me or in my hair, etc.

sorry too bust hearing my dripping overflow that needs fixing !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

I hate them! :)

My fear started with just spiders but now it's moths, bluebottles etc. I don't know why but i'm getting worse. I cannot go to bed without making sure there is no moths or spiders visible in my room and I have a bottle of spray at hand to kill them.

I'm not ashamed to admit my silly fears :)

Posted

My fear started with just spiders but now it's moths, bluebottles etc. I don't know why but i'm getting worse. I cannot go to bed without making sure there is no moths or spiders visible in my room and I have a bottle of spray at hand to kill them.

me too scared of everything!! but trying to get a hook on it all now specially storms spiders ughh!!

Posted

ciggie lighter tends to attract them.. :)

stinks tho... :)

Edited by pottyprof

Posted

Yup, I'm like that too. Although i can't get myself to kill them, i usually get a cup and throw them out of the window so they fly off.

At the moment i can't sleep because there is a sizeable moth hidden in my room and i want to throw it out.

:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Close your wallet at night, PP? :)

Moths don't really bother me that much. WASPS do though! :)

Posted

You should try living and working in the Doninican Republic, PP. We had grey moths there, which congregated on a shaded wall at the school. They were, and I really do kid you not, over 6" from wingtip to wingtip. The locals and especially the kids, were more scared of them than they were of the tarantulas (one which we had to remove from the inside of the science lab and introduce to the inside of a cyanide jar). The reason they were scared was that they reckoned the moths could bite!

Moths biting??? I never believed it for a minute, but my convictions were not strong enough to allow me to go and stroke one!! :blink: :blink: :blink:

Paul

Edited by Dawlish

Posted

I only have a phobia of moths when:

1) They get too close to me, and/or

2) At night

Simple reason really. About 10 yrs ago, one flew up my t-shirt, and I didnt like it fluttering against my skin.

Mind you, last night, a wasp made me fling my linguine across the room in a panic to try and get it away from me.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Boris the spider likes them

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

I dont mind moths. They are clumsy at the best of times, but I'd happily pick up, spiders, cockroaches, beetles, even bees (knowing how to pick them up the right way do they dont feel threatened and sting), but never ever a wasp. Wasps are my infinite nightmare.

Everything else though I'm happy with!

Posted

I have an irrational fear of anything that flutters at high velocity! I hate moths and daddy long legs if they are indoors but can cope with moths and buttterflies outside' and spiders and crawling insects wherever. I think it is the noise they make - I completely lose it if there is one in the same room as me.

Posted

I don`t mind moths our cat caught a moth the other night and ate him before I got to it.

I hate wasps though,by the way is it true that daddy longlegs only life for 1 day,people I ask seem to think so but I have my doubts,infact I noticed one in the bathroom the cranefly you see sometimes with no wings and he`s been there 3 days now.

:clap:

Posted

nope, love moths. but have problems with photographing them. but have seen some good ones this year. you may be suprised at the number and variety of species. try ukmoths.org.uk/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!
nope, love moths. but have problems with photographing them. but have seen some good ones this year. you may be suprised at the number and variety of species. try ukmoths.org.uk/

Tried that site, some nasty moths on there

This being one of the worst

http://ukmoths.org.uk/show.php?id=798

:(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

not at all, they are beautiful critturs! :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

I have no problem with Moths or any other sort of insect, arthropod, arachnid etc etc.

I suppose Death Watch Beetle could be troublesome, or Locusts if you live in tropical areas but they can all be dealt with and none cause as many problems as people.

T.M

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Just seen this thread and a bit late to reply I suppose.

However.......I love moths and deliberately leave the light on in the bathroom (Energy saver one!) so that they come in and I can see the fantastic variety. One amazing peppered moth with a beautiful blue background.

Only snag....my teenage sone hates them but as he hates bathrooms too no problem :)

Seriously though it is a pain as I have to chase them out or as a last resort hoover them up before he will take a bath!!!

Posted

I'm not too bothered by them, unless the land on me...my kitten however loves them...

I think Wood Wasps are the worst...there have been heaps of them this year...they are HUGE....The thought of being stung by one of those makes me qwiver....