Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports 16th August Onwards

Matt B

Posted

We've had a couple of rumbles here, and pretty moderate rain.

Posted

Storm passed to the SE of Westbury between about 17.00 - 17.45. Quite frequent thunder (two rumbles per minute) which sounded as if it was from 2 cells working in harmony :nonono: . Nearest I think was about 2 miles and we had sporadic rain on the edge as it slowly cleared away.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

Fantastic Thunderstorm just moving away here in East Leeds.

Overhead Lightning, localised flooding and I saw a very strange lightning strike. Just a bright blue, extremley loud explosion infront of me as I was driving through Rothwell on the A639. Similar to elecrtical lines arking but at low down in the sky.

Edit: It seems like it's similar to what happened round here in 2004. Torrrential rain for over an hour. Lots of flooding.

Central Wakefield is getting a right drenching with severe flooding.

Edited by Stelmer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, Windy at the coast.

Moderate rain here, a rumble of thunder 5 minutes ago, but thats it. Unlike earlier, around 3.30 this afternoon, there was V. heavy rain and frequent thunder. The roof at work sprung a leak.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Moderate storm here in Glossop, including a massive flash and bang over the top of Mottram Moor :nonono:

Posted

hi

heavy, almost very heavy rain, 56.4mm at 1851, now 36mm/hr, about 8mm so far, lightning and thunder not frequent but about 6-7 flashes within 20 mins up to now.

John

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

Torrential downpour here at 3:30pm with loads of thunder and lightning. Over 1 inch must have fallen within half hour. Me and Mrs KAR were trapped in the local garden centre which got flooded out. I had to wade in 6 inches of water to get to my car on the car park. Returned home to find power outage till just and some elctrical equipment blown!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

Rain getting heaver now and more persistant, than earlyer on, i expect its a larger shower. There is a storm to our SW on radar, near the Channel Islands.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

We've has a couple of thunderstorms pass by with some very bright lightning and loud crashes of thunder. The main thing of note though which was the rain which was long lasting an intense. The road in front of my house drains very well and it was like a stream at one point. A neighbour rang us to warn us not to drive out of the lower exit to our road as it was flooded..I'd have gone out with my camera if it wasn't out of battery thanks to my dad using it to take a 5 minute long movie of a kettle sat on a table because he was obviously bored :)

Posted

follow up to my earlier report.

Storm lasted until about 7.40pm, fairly frequent lightning and thunder, one or two almost overhead, rainfall from it around 12mm, now just slight rain

Posted

Storm in Redditch from around 8.45pm to 9.30pm (still some occasional rumbles now). Regular lightning averaging perhaps 1 strikes per 3 minutes with some floorshakers thrown in.

As you can tell, I'm not very technical, but at least you get the idea :)

Posted

A few rumbles of thunder in the heavy rain we recieved in the early evening. Dried up and the skies brightened again but it is now rainin g heavily again. 16mm so far today.

Was also under the developing storm that soaked south leeds and wakefield earlier. Came out of nothing whilst in the peak district west of Sheffield.

Posted

Thunderstorm here in Kidderminster lasted a couple of hours, from about 7pm (ish)

Lots of sheet lightning but not much in the way of thunder, when there was it seemed rather quiet but continued for 10 - 20 seconds.

Steady rain.

Looks like i moved from south east leeds at the wrong time :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Went chasing today and by 7pm was left dissapointed as had only seen a few heavy showers with the odd rumble. :)

By 8Pm was witnessing an absolute corker out in the countryside around Worcester. There were numerous CG's and lightning at least once every 3 seconds. The rain was incredible with lots of flooding to tackle as i drove through Worcester city centre chasing the storm. Great stuff!!! For me it is storm of the summer!!! :)