Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Telescopes

Posted

Looking at the Rather Valley Imaging centre, what about this 120mm Refractor?

120mm refractor

Daz

Edited by Dazmaster75

Posted

Should be a lovely scope. It's one of the mass-produced Chinese scopes which are normally excellent, only let down by dodgy quality control. However, if you got a duff one, you'd be able to swap it.

4" diameter is a nice size and will keep you happy, but isn't the sort of size you'd want to lug about for miles. Perhaps the best thing is it's an f8 telescope which should reduce the purple-fringing effect of chromatic aberration.

EQ5 mounts are very solid, and the motor ability would make it a dream to use.

Potentially a great buy.

Posted

I have just bought that telescope, and really looking forward to using it. Last night would have been perfect! Beautifully clear skies and a new moon!

Daz

Posted
I have just bought that telescope, and really looking forward to using it. Last night would have been perfect! Beautifully clear skies and a new moon!

Daz

Excellent! Which telescope? If you bought a reflector or Dob you'll need to set it up.

Happy stargazing.

:) P

Posted

Its an Evostar-120mm EQ5 refractor. I'm really excited in getting it. I'm hoping it might arrive tomorrow morning, as their policy is if it is in stock and is ordered before 1pm (I ordered at 11:30am) then it will be sent next day delivery by a courier.

Daz

Posted

Got it, it came yesterday. Set it up in about an hour and had a quick flick through the sky last night. Couldnt see anything but stars as I hadn't aligned it properly or balanced it.

Its a biiiiig telescope, bigger than I expected it to be! Hopefull Friday night might be clear enough for a proper observe!

Daz

Posted
Got it, it came yesterday. Set it up in about an hour and had a quick flick through the sky last night. Couldnt see anything but stars as I hadn't aligned it properly or balanced it.

Its a biiiiig telescope, bigger than I expected it to be! Hopefull Friday night might be clear enough for a proper observe!

Daz

Good luck, DazM. Did you spot the strand about eh Moon-crash; could be your first 'project'. :)P

Posted

Yes, but I've also heard tht the moon is pretty low on the horizon, so it may be quite hard to see, if at all!

Daz