Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Final Vote - July Photo Competition

Posted

This is the second and final round of voting. There can be only one winner :(

This competition was for photos taken during July 2006. The winning shot will form part of the 2007 Net-Weather Calendar.

One photo will become the winner from the six finalists below.

Voting will end at 12 noon on Thursday 31st August.

Voting on the August Photo Comp will then begin a few days later :(

Voting is as simple as simply clicking in the poll for your favourite picture, these are the photos that made it through to the final round (in alphabetical order):

Anvil Crawler

med_gallery_1217_23_50244.jpg

John Cox

gallery_1217_23_71309.jpg

Mr_S

gallery_1217_23_102871.jpg

Osbourne One-Nil

med_gallery_1217_23_30740.jpg

Paul Sherman

med_gallery_1217_23_82235.jpg

Rustynailer

med_gallery_1217_23_36312.jpg

Posted

Well done to all, they are all lovely photographs but John's pic is the winner this month for me, its just stunning.

Edited by Louby

Posted

I've gone for OON - for the simple reason that we already have Essan's beautiful lake/mountain scenic shot in the calendar for March.

Posted

Sorry Shuggee, I missed the previous voting round. I think WiB asked something similar before, but can I just clarify the basis on which the votes are being cast? Are you looking for the best picture, period? Or are you looking for the best weather photo? As it is a calendar for Net-weather, I would have thought the latter is the case.

One picture stands out a mile as a great calendar shot, but other pictures are more weather-related...

Peter

Btw, I thought the overall quality of entries was very good. There were some superb photos which never made it this far.

Posted
Sorry Shuggee, I missed the previous voting round. I think WiB asked something similar before, but can I just clarify the basis on which the votes are being cast? Are you looking for the best picture, period? Or are you looking for the best weather photo? As it is a calendar for Net-weather, I would have thought the latter is the case.

One picture stands out a mile as a great calendar shot, but other pictures are more weather-related...

Peter

Btw, I thought the overall quality of entries was very good. There were some superb photos which never made it this far.

Hi Peter

Vote for the photo that floats your boat! Simple as that.

You're right that it is a weather calendar - but by definition all outside shots have weather in them - so the criteria really is wide-open. It's down to your personal preference: If you want a photo that specifically has 'weather' in it - vote for that. If you want to vote for the photo that's technically the best, then vote for that one. Or if you like a nice view - that's fine too! :(

It's also worth saying - you don't have to give a reason why, in this thread below the poll. It's the vote that counts :(

Posted

Mr S got my vote this time i'm afraid, that cloud is awesome :(

Posted

Thanks for the guidance, Shuggee.

Mind you, I still can't make my mind up.

For me, these are the plus/minus points:

*Anvil Crawler (not Cralwer as you have at the top, btw) - stunning capture of the lightning strike, made by the baby cloud. Shame it is slightly off-centre.

*John Cox - exquisite shot. Beautiful colours and superb framing.

*Mr_S - awesome cloud, like a spaceship. Works well with the silhouette foreground, although I would have liked to see the sides of the cloud.

*Osbourne One-Nil - very atmospheric with the dramatic rays and nearest fields sunlit. Makes you feel all shivery.

*Paul Sherman - lovely pastel colours and nice reflection. Perhaps it needs more striking clouds though.

*Rustynailer - amazing lightning over the water, and it works well with them way on the left and the town nestling in the bay on the right, plus I like the car lights in the foreground. But the cables across the lightnight distract. And you need to get your sensor cleaned, Russ. Those dark specks are caused by dust.

I know I'm being picky, but you have to in order to narrow it down to one. Think I need a bit more time on this...

Posted
  • Location: Stewartstown (51m asl) , N.Ireland. (In Dazzling Dazza Land)
  • Location: Stewartstown (51m asl) , N.Ireland. (In Dazzling Dazza Land)

It has to be John for me also, a superb photo like that just had to take it.

Sorry everyone else, great effort and great photo's :)

Oon for me, I know how much effort went into getting that photo :)

But I am sure that one was taken by Billy on one of his many walks was it not?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Probably the best set of photos i've seenon here, it was a very hard choice but I have decided to vote for Johns photo in the end, so peacfull and relaxing and I will look forward to that on the calendar next year :)

OON's was my second favourite, also a lovely shot.

He's behind at the minute, I wonder if there will be an influx of new members soon? :):)

Posted

it gets more and more difficult, I nearly did not vote as I found it so hard to choose.

To all of you- great photos, now I can see why I never enter any of mine.

In the end John Cox just made it, a wonderfully peaceful and clear photo

many thanks to everyone and a big thank you to Shuggee for all his hard work in this thread.

John

Posted
*Mr_S - awesome cloud, like a spaceship. Works well with the silhouette foreground, although I would have liked to see the sides of the cloud.

Defending Mr S here, it was an almightly huge CB visible for several 100 miles and he's done superbly to capture that much. I'm voting for it because it's immense.

My 2nd vote would go to Anvil Crawler's lightning, the small cloud brings an added element of beauty.

Posted

Mr S for me also, a truly fantastic capture of a Mammoth Cb, and I was out of the country :nonono: :blush: It was even closer to me :lol:

Paul Sherman

Posted
Mr S for me also, a truly fantastic capture of a Mammoth Cb, and I was out of the country :nonono::p It was even closer to me :doh:

Paul Sherman

hello paul its charlie, (your nephew) i think mr. s is fab also,

p.s, can you and some of the people on here teach me some stuff about the weather!! :D

thnx, from, the-human-man :p

p.s, can you and some of the people on here teach me some stuff about the weather!! :D

thnx, from, the-human-man :clap:

also, how do i get a pic for my name? :p

I've gone for OON - for the simple reason that we already have Essan's beautiful lake/mountain scenic shot in the calendar for March.

how do i get a pic????

i want one!! :(:( :(

Posted

Hi THM.

Welcome to netweather and thanks for voting!

Have a browse around in the Learning Area to learn about the weather. And look in your control panel (top right) to find the settings for your avatar (picture by your name).

If you have any more questions - feel free to post in the help section - leave this thread for the voting mate :nonono:

Posted

p.s, can you and some of the people on here teach me some stuff about the weather!! :p

thnx, from, the-human-man :p

also, how do i get a pic for my name? :doh:

how do i get a pic????

i want one!! :D:D:(

I will call your Mum, my Sister tomorrow. god that sounds confusing, will run everything through her for you, GET TO BED !! :nonono::p:clap:

Paul S

Posted
I will call your Mum, my Sister tomorrow. god that sounds confusing, will run everything through her for you, GET TO BED !! :o :D:D

Paul S

Ahhh wot a loving uncle :)

Anyway went for JC's pick because its just did it for me.

Soz but when i get the calender im gonna cut that out and frame it on its own.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

They're all amazing. John Cox has captured that mountain scene excellently. That rock in the water makes it look almost like paradise. :angry:

Posted

It was between Anvil crawler and John Cox for me.

I voted Anvil Crawler because I love lightning and that`s amazing capture.

But John`s is such a fantastic crisp, clear photo I would of voted for both if I could.

:)

S9.