Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Friday 29th September

conor123

Posted

It's very dark with moderate rainfall and, though no lightning was seen, I've just heard a rumble of thunder.

Posted

Just had torrential rain for the past hour so. Roads flooded. Very dark.

Lightning and thunder have been fairly frequent - about 10 per minute at its peak. Most seem to have been cloud-to-cloud.

Storm came from Nottingham direction, and has now just cleared here in Newark, and seems to be heading east.

(By the way, the date is the 29th, not the 28th.)

Edited by splidge

Posted

Just had around 5 - 6 rumbles of thunder. Can't tell whether there was any visible lightning, as I was hding under my duvet at the time :D

God, I hope this ends soon! My nerves are shot! :)

Posted

Another storm coming from West! Sky has suddenly got dark and it has started raining. Thunder and lightning slowly getting nearer. About 6 strikes heard so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

I wonder will anything come of that lot just over west Cornwall? Perhaps Kent will get distant rumbles from the storm over Calais, it seem to be moving East though :D

Sorry, should have posted this in the Convective general discussion, i would not be at-all offended if you moved it. My mistake

Edited by Rustynailer

Posted

A short very heavy shower late this afternoon after a wet morning. Now mostly clear but still some cloud around and temperature dropping fast.

Current temp: 12.3c

Todays high: 18c

Humidity: 83%

Posted

I witneesed one flash and crack of thunfer here in Northampton about 6pm this evening. This was during a torrential down pour.

Posted
Just had around 5 - 6 rumbles of thunder. Can't tell whether there was any visible lightning, as I was hding under my duvet at the time :D

God, I hope this ends soon! My nerves are shot! :)

hiya damone

yes we did have lightning with it, fork lightning, then 1 massive bang of thunder it was so loud it shook our house and ive never seen the dog jump so high out of her bed, she was shaking for ages after that.

Posted

Trying to dodge the showers down here, and waiting for a break so I can take the dog round the wet and muddy (first time since.....well I can't rightly remember) woods. Breezy; a force 3 Southerly and mild. Best take a brolly.

Paul

10 minutes later......

Stopped raining, got the fleece on, ecstatic dog jumps out of the door, uh-oh, more rain, shut the door again, dog depressed, then, suddenly, I can't hear myself think becuse of the noise of some torrential rain. Localised flooding stuff; no thunder, yet. Hardly looks anything on the weather radar.

Paul

Edited by Dawlish

Posted

We've had fairly distant thunderstorms. I think there were at least 2 of them. It's still raining and very dark, and judging by meteox we can perhaps expect a few more within the next hour or so. :doh: