Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow and Wintry Precipitation Reports

Karl

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Blizzards, Storms, Sun, Lightening
Well here we go, strong winds with sleet and hail showers (very nearly snow!) all afternoon today.

really? did they last for long?

Posted

They were very heavy when they did come, only lasted 20mins or so but were frequent. I guess the wind blew the over fairly quickly.

Ooops sorry I just realised no idle gossip on this thread! I hope I am forgiven (I was only being polite!)

Edited by Triumph

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Blizzards, Storms, Sun, Lightening
They were very heavy when they did come, only lasted 20mins or so but were frequent. I guess the wind blew the over fairly quickly.

Ooops sorry I just realised no idle gossip on this thread! I hope I am forgiven (I was only being polite!)

thats quite interesting... i have been having a look at my weather set ups and they appear to be pointing toward what i originally theorised. It seems as if these temperatures will recover, but only temporarily and it seems as if there will not be a return to mild conditions for the near future at least. Now we enter November and in this month conditions are capable of being well enough balanced to produce snow, however it is quite rare, but the charts seem to be different from the last 5 or 6 years so it is very interesting.. also if anyone wants a forecast i am available yo give one :whistling:

Posted

Had SLEET yes actual sleet down here in Telford in the midlands

a few hours ago from an unexpected band of showers,it lasted a couple of minutes, however

down the road it was just rain. I am 180m above sea level here.

Edited by conor123

Posted
Very wet sleet I imagine.

It was, just a few sort of large snowy flakes mixed in the rain.

Posted
It was, just a few sort of large snowy flakes mixed in the rain.

Best observing dubious wintry precipitation under a car windscreen or on Velux ceiling window in good light if there is any uncertainty. That way you can see whether there was any ice within the "rain" drops.

I'd be a bit dubious to be honest, even at 180 metres in Shropshire.

Edited by mackerel sky

Posted

Snow, Snow, Snow, Sleet, Sleet, Sleet!!!! Very heavy wet snow showers this AM at about 830. Also had reports of heavy snowfall last night at 530pm at Birse, near Aboyne....seems its started!!! Woop Woop!!! :nonono:

Posted
Snow, Snow, Snow, Sleet, Sleet, Sleet!!!! Very heavy wet snow showers this AM at about 830. Also had reports of heavy snowfall last night at 530pm at Birse, near Aboyne....seems its started!!! Woop Woop!!! :nonono:

In Stonehaven! It's lashing rain here just now and the snow level appears to be around 500m!

Birse is also only around 120m

Edited by Zerouali lives

Posted
In Stonehaven! It's lashing rain here just now and the snow level appears to be around 500m!

Birse is also only around 120m

No not in stonehaven, en route to culter at 8am, was very heavy sleet!!!! Another heavy sleet shower here in Banchory 30mins ago!!! Just readin the paper and it seems it was bad up at Glen of Foundlands, crashes etc...

Sorrry for goin off track!!!

Posted
No not in stonehaven, en route to culter at 8am, was very heavy sleet!!!! Another heavy sleet shower here in Banchory 30mins ago!!! Just readin the paper and it seems it was bad up at Glen of Foundlands, crashes etc...

Sorrry for goin off track!!!

Okay, yeah, Old Slug road to Culter does get quite high so sleet would've definitely been possible there.

Posted
Had SLEET yes actual sleet down here in Telford in the midlands

a few hours ago from an unexpected band of showers,it lasted a couple of minutes, however

down the road it was just rain. I am 180m above sea level here.

The SACRA scale must come into effect soon surely? :)

Well, no doubt there could have been a little sleet, but I would doubt it with the temperatures at

say 6 pm. Ok - it may have been cold even then but you should realise it's only the air very close to the surface

that plummets towards freeaing in the evening under clear skies. Soft hail may have fallen over

Telford but probably not sleet and flakes of wet snow.

Edited by Thundersquall

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Exciting weather!

Wet hail in some of the heavier showers early this morning - 7.30am. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

Excellent, you lucky, lucky person ;)

I hope it snows enough for people to post good pictures of it.

Cheers,

Russ