Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

National Hurricane Center Incorrect Mission Statement!!

If they know global warming is causing stronger and more frequent storms then why are they not curbing it?

Mission

(Why We Exist)

To save lives, mitigate property loss, and improve economic

efficiency by issuing the best watches, warnings,

forecasts and analyses of hazardous tropical

weather, and by increasing understanding

of these hazards.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vision

(What We Hope to Achieve)

To be America's calm, clear and trusted

voice in the eye of the storm,

and, with our partners, enable communities

to be safe from tropical weather threats.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/mission.shtml

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming

My Tunnels prevent global warming.

Either im just reading this wrong - or it doesnt make sence.

"If they know global warming is causing stronger and more frequent storms then why are they not curbing it?"

They = National Hurricane Centre?

If so,

Would'nt it be down to everyone to help curb the harmful emisions caused by day to day activities like, oooooo driving for one? Using fossil fuels? And wasnt it Arnold Schwarzenager (Governor of California, USA) and some other places bringing in laws and taxes on the most polluntant vehicles etc...

The closest the statement comes from NHC to global warming is the following from what i can see..

.........and analyses of hazardous tropical weather, and by increasing understanding of these hazards.

And i wouldnt blame NHC for being incorrect in their mission statement - They Do their mission statement by conducting continued research into how bad GW can be, its scenerio's of outcome, and issuing the informative alerts as possible based upon current data of what ever the warning is issued about.

And if they (NHC / National Hurricane Centre) are'nt who your refering to.. Then who? And why refer to NHC's mission statement?

Either im just reading this wrong - or it doesnt make sence.

"If they know global warming is causing stronger and more frequent storms then why are they not curbing it?"

They = National Hurricane Centre?

If so,

Would'nt it be down to everyone to help curb the harmful emisions caused by day to day activities like, oooooo driving for one? Using fossil fuels? And wasnt it Arnold Schwarzenager (Governor of California, USA) and some other places bringing in laws and taxes on the most polluntant vehicles etc...

The closest the statement comes from NHC to global warming is the following from what i can see..

And i wouldnt blame NHC for being incorrect in their mission statement - They Do their mission statement by conducting continued research into how bad GW can be, its scenerio's of outcome, and issuing the informative alerts as possible based upon current data of what ever the warning is issued about.

And if they (NHC / National Hurricane Centre) are'nt who your refering to.. Then who? And why refer to NHC's mission statement?

With a mission statement like that the NHC should send a message out there the best ways to curb global warming.

Posted

Probably because it's nothing to do with the NHC - their role is exactly what they say it is (ie, tropical disturbance related). Their work has only an indirect connection with global warning (ie, they study hurricanes in particular, along with other regional centeres in the world, and not climate change).

Probably because it's nothing to do with the NHC - their role is exactly what they say it is (ie, tropical disturbance related). Their work has only an indirect connection with global warning (ie, they study hurricanes in particular, along with other regional centeres in the world, and not climate change).

They already know global warming is changing the climate and creating stronger hurricanes! So if they want to save lives and property they should send the message out how to curb global warming.Although, I don't think they have the answer as I do.

They dont have the authority to boss the government around though...

Thats like me giving you a parking ticket for parking 1mm over the double yellows :blush:

So they're mission statement is correct - They can inform the relevent governments and authorities of their findings - but thats all.

I can see your point but NHC's hands are tied

Posted
Although, I don't think they have the answer as I do.

Indeed - I remember your 'answer', as honestly intended as it might be, being nearly unanimously refuted when you posted it here during the 05 season.

You'd be welcome to forward your idea and complaints to the NHC - you can find them at WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV.

Edited by crimsone

Indeed - I remember your 'answer', as honestly intended as it might be, being nearly unanimously refuted when you posted it here during the 05 season.

You'd be welcome to forward your idea and complaints to the NHC - you can find them at WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV.

Oh! I already did that!!

----- Original Message -----

To: "Stackgenerator" <stackgenerator@cableone.net>

Sent: Monday, October 30, 2006 2:19 PM

Subject: Re: TUNNEL IDEA??

> Unfortunately there is a dearth of models capable of testing such a

> hypothesis. The operational models are coupled to the ocean in a 1-D

> sense eliminating any advection in the ocean. Research models are coming

> along that could be used to look at 3-D interactions, but they are so

> new I am not sure that you could be sure the results was caused by the

> changes you induce or by other issues the new models have not been

> tested for yet. The big challenge is the ocean modeling (there are some