Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Help

Muttley

Posted

Hi,

I am hoping that someone can point me in the right direction to find recent wind and rain condistions data/information.

I need th find this information to enabled me to move forward with a difficult insurance company.

On the evening of Wednesday 15th we found that the roof in our sun-room had sprung a leak, therefore the following morning my wife contacted the buildings insurance company. As yet 24th we are still awaiting a surveyor to come and assess the problem !! In the meantime the insurance company is stating that due to the fact the there has been no significant weather issues, wind in our region in the recent week or so(according to their information from the met office) before the leak appeared they are not likely to be paying out... this in itself I find dissapointing to say the least; however we live here and have in recent weeks had some gusty and generally windy weather.

We are based near to Belfast Northern Ireland, so I looked at the past observations on the met office site and found the following for the last week in October

Further rain or showers were a feature of most days until the end of the month but the last day of the month was brighter though much cooler with a strong northerly wind and temperatures around 11 to 13 °C at best.

I am now looking for wind/rain information for the begining of November, particularly the run up to 15th, and would be most appreciative of any pointers, suggestions.

Many Thanks

Posted

As far as i know you need to wait until the start of December for them to release Novembers summary.

Otherwise you could try and contact Philip Eden, i know he has a lot of weather stats for the UK. I dont know his contact info though so you would have to find that through Google.

Welcome to netweather by the way :doh:

Posted

welcome to Net Wx would you mind putting your town/area in your avatar for future reference for everyone. Welcome to Net Wx.

Have you tried the Met O at Belfast? Assuming they still have one there.

If you look on some sites they have a list of amatuer weather stations who may be near you.

John