Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Alps, Current and Future

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.
Sound as though you are enjoying yourself mate, thanks for the picture by the way, fantastic view, looks as though more snow will reach you soon as the colder air edges south, have a cool beer on me :whistling:

Paul

Hi Paul,

See your total frosts are on the increase. Maybe a few air frosts and snowflakes next week !

No excuse for me not to have a cool beer !

Cheers

C

Posted
Morning all,

Another sparkling morning. Light frost last night. Reached +10C yesterday. Hopefully see some renewed cold with snow next week. Starting to get slushy on south facing slopes and runs below 1500m. Good for the sun tan and drinking Murh beer though!

C

Morning,

Back home to sea level in Cheshire today. A very windy one as well. Left the" heat "of Austria this weekend. 22C in Innsbruck and 19C in Klagenfurt and Salzburg was a mere 13C early this morning. Looks like the snow to return with copious amounts to the French and Swiss resorts tomorrow. Will be back on Katschberg mountain in two weeks time for the end season clean up.

C

Posted

Well It was 25 in the west of France where i have just come back from but Snow is forecast here this week which is rare so i'm sure the Alps will get something, A friend has just come back from a good weeks skiing in Verbier.

Posted

you must have arrived at MAP about the same time as me perhaps Paul? Sure was a windy and bumpy approach in the 777.

My change was from 28C or so to 5C, even had snow when I got home with +4C in a shower.

Time for summer!

John

Posted
you must have arrived at MAP about the same time as me perhaps Paul? Sure was a windy and bumpy approach in the 777.

My change was from 28C or so to 5C, even had snow when I got home with +4C in a shower.

Time for summer!

John

Hi John and welcome back to a cold and breezy Blighty. Yes, was a bit of a shock yesterday after days of warm spring like sunshine back in Katschberg. Gales, hail and thunder snow. Can see a good covering from my study window on the Cheshire/ Derbshire peaks above about 200m at a quess. Spoke to my wife this morning and looks like winter has returned back in the Alps with heavy falls of snow throughout the region. Will be back out there for the Easter break and hopefully some enjoyable end of season ski-ing.

Notice your dew point reading has taken a tumble today on your weather station. It does feel that cold now in the wind.

Regards

Paul

Posted

yes showers out east of here and maybe a wintry one for here before long. The dewpoint is certainly as low as its been over any cold spell the past winter. As someone pointed out wintry showers are often more frequent overland in March in a northerly than January(Mr Data I think), very true.

Re snow in the Alps, my spot has had a good covering overnight, 10-15cm it seems. Makes we want to get back on a plane and dash out there. Well maybe not, 8-13 hours cacooned in a 777 4 times in 4 weeks is enough for a bit!

Posted
  • Location: 900m ,Mühlbach am Hochkönig, Austrian Alps, ( 45mins due south of Salzburg)
  • Location: 900m ,Mühlbach am Hochkönig, Austrian Alps, ( 45mins due south of Salzburg)

Hi,

Haven't been on here for a while since we have been busy with our guests ut here is some pictures of the snowfall here today:-

DSCN2653.jpg

and:-

DSCN2654.jpg

Temp about 0.5 oC and this is the heaviest snowfall I have seen - even beats last year. It would have taken about 3 dyas for this amount. We now have about 40cm.

Nigel

Posted
yes i have found it. cheers

the full web link is http://www.katschi.at/kamera_feratel/Katsc...ameraStream.htm if anyone else wants to take a look.

looking very white up there. :)

Morning,

Lots of snowfall in my village this morning. Wish I was there ! Live streaming on web-cam. Thats the black run covered in 100cm of fresh snowfall in 24 hours. What a change, was 16C there last Saturday.

C

Posted

UPDATE:-

It is still snowing here and last night we lost power for about 2 hours because a tree fell on a power line and this morning we had one on our house!! :D

DSCN2664.jpg

Luckily we don't think it has damaged the roof. With there been no frost before the snow the trees are very weak. There are loads down on the road and in the forest.

DSCN2666.jpg

Lets hope it stops snowing soon. there must be about 50 cm now.

Nigel

Posted
UPDATE:-

It is still snowing here and last night we lost power for about 2 hours because a tree fell on a power line and this morning we had one on our house!! :D

DSCN2664.jpg

Luckily we don't think it has damaged the roof. With there been no frost before the snow the trees are very weak. There are loads down on the road and in the forest.

DSCN2666.jpg

Lets hope it stops snowing soon. there must be about 50 cm now.

Nigel

Nice photos Musicman. My wife did not attemp the journey down the valley to Tamsweg today. Cold as well -10C in Katschberg. Will be out there again on 30 th March for some end of season ski-ing.

Best regards

C

Posted
Nice photos Musicman. My wife did not attemp the journey down the valley to Tamsweg today. Cold as well -10C in Katschberg. Will be out there again on 30 th March for some end of season ski-ing.

Best regards

C

Remember if you are ever passing please pop in .

Nigel

Posted
Remember if you are ever passing please pop in .

Nigel

Thanks Nigel,

Have seen your web. Know where you are now in relation to the Tauern Autobalm. Hope to move out permanently to Katschberg in Dec 2008 once my daughter has finished with exams.

Best of luck to you and your family.

Paul

Posted

the full web link is http://www.katschi.at/kamera_feratel/Katsc...ameraStream.htm if anyone else wants to take a look.

looking very white up there. :D

Morning all,

The above camera shows Knee deep in the white stuff! Wish I was back there. Looking good for a late end to the ski-ing season in Europe.

C

Posted

looking very white up there. :mellow:

hi,

This mornings web-cam shows more snowfall on Katschberg Mountain.

C