Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

October 21st 2004 storm

Will storm

Posted

A severe storm came over my village and caused some considerable damage on the 21st oct 2004.It occured around 6:30pm. It ripped off two roofs and felled 2 trees.The storm had lightning with only about 6 second intervals.Unluckly i was stuck in the storm as it occured.The storm only lasted seconds but was scarey.The weather instrument at my home in the garden recorded a max gust of 75mph and it wasent even in the center of the storm.I thought it was just a downburst or something but as i looked at the damage around the village it seemed to go in a line direction.Also as my mum and dad and me started running to the shop just before the storms full intensity twigs and other parts of tree were already falling from the sky.Here is a map of the damage(black dots) and the direction of the storm(red arrows):

The winds were strong enough to blow over a patio heater and it bearly missed a car.

People said they could here wierd freak train like sounds as it came through.The anvil of the storm you could see all afternoon after a storm in the late morning.The hail was huge after the storm here on the torro site you can see some of the pics of the hail from the storm its pics 9,10,11,12,13. http://www.torro.org.uk/TORRO/php/gallery....il&start=20

Here are some pics of the damage and a news paper cliping from the event.

Also please put your comments on what you think this was E.G. Downbust.

Edited by Will storm

Posted

Another pic of the tree damage.My friend at school who lives in the middle of nowhere was in the direct path of the storm.She said she was comparing the hailstones to apples!but didn't have any really strong winds.