Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow and More Snow in 2007 Forecast

Posted
  • Location: Stewartstown (51m asl) , N.Ireland. (In Dazzling Dazza Land)

Blimey, I think he could do with an AR coating on his lenses, I like being dazzled, but that was a bit too much.

Posted

I must add, I do like the comments at the bottom, I wonder if was written by himself?

Posted

Nice and broad though... part of his forecast is bound to happen in some part of the UK at some point before April.

Perhaps this forecasting lark is not so difficult after all?!

Posted

The related link half way down leads to this:

http://www.4ecotips.com/eco/article_show.p...1007&id=289

Jonathan Powell, of Positive Weather Solutions, said the chances of a white Christmas were "higher than for some time."

He added: "December starts rather stormy. In the latter part of the month, we enter a more unsettled phase with snow a distinct possibility, and therefore, a very good chance of a white Christmas.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

"The month starts with a high risk of significant snow fall, accompanied by strong winds, which will lead to widespread disruption. Temperatures will be below average, so severe night frosts are a distinct possibility. As we move towards the middle part of February, we enter a dry but very cold snap, with temperatures remaining in minus figures by both day and night."

Cushty :unsure:

Read the forecast here Don't forget the 'Comments' section at the bottom

This is unlikerly at present. the long range forcasts are showing a mild west wnd winter this year. Infact the Atlantic is still very active at present. In order to get a very sever winter we need an Icy Europe with a frozen Baltic and strong northern blockings. this has not occured for many years. In other words we need an east wind of a frozen northern Europe and so far this winter Europe has been warm. This does not mean to say that this is Global warming. Infact mild west wind winters my be a first sign of a cool down. When Greeland becomes colder than normal. this makes tHe atlantic storm strack stronger. So we get deep lows first to the north of us. Then as time goes by the Cooling in Greenland extends over the North atlantic region. that forces the storm strack south wards and allows northern blocking to form and brings in freezing north and east winds. In fact the first cool down at the end of the Medival warm period was a time of a very arctive Atlanic as the temperure contrast from a cooling Greenland and a warm Atlantic becomes greater. If this is the case then after 2010 we would start to enter another little ice age of freezing winters cooler summers and higher rainfall.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

I'm starting to think you just cut n' paste you're last post where ever you find an opening Daniel.

Posted
I'm starting to think you just cut n' paste you're last post where ever you find an opening Daniel.

I am puzzled by the whole forecast thing...I read many times in recent weeks that the run up to Christmas would be definetly mild and wet but I am looking out at the most beautiful frosted landscape, a Christmas card come to life! Its a beautiful sight and welcome respite from the wet and mud that makes my life on a small farm so tough. My Yahoo weather insists my area will have snow showers today! No other forecast mentions this..do they know something the rest of the world doesnt? :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Its the same man who said this:

http://www.netweather.tv/forum/index.php?showtopic=34951

Hope he's right about the snow though.

I have a good feeling about January and Febuary. :)

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Snow making machine ?????

Posted
What impresses me is that his head is tilted yet his spectacles remain parallel to the (imaginary) floor.

yeh lol one of the lenses is a good few cm from his eyebrow, yet the other is practically touching his eyebrow. how could we possibly take notice of his longrange forcast when he cant tell wheter his specs are diagonal to his face or not?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I'm far from convinced, but it's not impossible that it could happen, given how far we are away from the event.