Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports December 29th onwards

Paul R

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

Well, just had two bright flashes of lightning, and I've heard a rumble of thunder. Quite surprising in all honesty.

Edit: Just had a very long drawn out crack of thunder then, about 20 seconds long. Was nothing before that for 5 minutes or so.

Edited by emerson

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

Yesh, seems to have stopped, last rumble heard about 10 minutes ago and it seemed pretty distant. The 20 seconder I mentioned in my previous message was overhead. Looks like a pretty nasty squall line on the radar.

Posted
Yesh, seems to have stopped, last rumble heard about 10 minutes ago and it seemed pretty distant. The 20 seconder I mentioned in my previous message was overhead. Looks like a pretty nasty squall line on the radar.

Just had that storm overhead with seven decent strikes. Thunder shook the house and knocked out the satellite tv.

Posted
Just had that storm overhead with seven decent strikes. Thunder shook the house and knocked out the satellite tv.

Yes had the same strike here in New Brighton with the satelite going off but seems to have gone know.

Posted
Yes had the same strike here in New Brighton with the satelite going off but seems to have gone know.

I am just up the road in liscard but was in Upton at the time.

Posted

no thunder but the wind is now steady 33.0mph & 31mm rain since midnight

rainfall now 33mm

Edited by BARRY

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

reporting a thunderstorm here with what I report as ball lightning, about 400 metres away from where I was. It was distinction blue lightning with a large ball like shape at the end, and a train of lightning behind it, the thunder was like a bomb exploding, along with a few more less extreme strikes/lightning

So basically it was localised storms in Wirral/Flint (perhaps Holywell/Prestatyn/Greenfield/and Gysepr, and Liverpool

it is 14C at the moments so it doesnt surprise me at all :)

Posted

I would certainly imagine that electrical activity would have been seen further down the coast and a little bit inland. When my brother spotted lightning initially it was in a WSW direction and then moved overhead with more developing in a more W'ly to WNW direction. He said there was some very bright lightning. I only saw one flash out of the corner of my eye.

Posted

evening all

Well what a ferocious night it is here the wind is battering our house, and we are in the quiet part of the country just watched the bbc weather and they say our turn for the worst of the next storm will be tomorrow night with a further storm to hit scotland on sunday.

BATTEN DOWN THE HATCHES ME HARTY THE SCWALL LINE IS COMMING THROUGH :)

LO

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!
evening all

Well what a ferocious night it is here the wind is battering our house, and we are in the quiet part of the country just watched the bbc weather and they say our turn for the worst of the next storm will be tomorrow night with a further storm to hit scotland on sunday.

BATTEN DOWN THE HATCHES ME HARTY THE SCWALL LINE IS COMMING THROUGH :help:

LO

Hi LO, just posted in 'Stormy Weather' thread abouth the rain currently over your area and to your South. Some very bright colours in there, and probably very gusty winds in the heavier downpours.

Thanks for your post.

Mammatus :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Just been outside and its really blowing, difficult to stand up when the gusts come through. Wind sounds like a train through the trees, yet our area is supposed to be getting it tomorrow night......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!
Really heavy rain here and windy

Winds gusting here now, possibly 40mph+. Light drizzle at the moment, although I'm aware heavy rain is on the way going by the MeO radar and members reports. :drinks:

Mammatus

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.
reporting a thunderstorm here with what I report as ball lightning, about 400 metres away from where I was. It was distinction blue lightning with a large ball like shape at the end, and a train of lightning behind it, the thunder was like a bomb exploding, along with a few more less extreme strikes/lightning

So basically it was localised storms in Wirral/Flint (perhaps Holywell/Prestatyn/Greenfield/and Gysepr, and Liverpool

it is 14C at the moments so it doesnt surprise me at all :drinks:

Fantastic, i have been waiting for somebody to describe something even remotely like what i saw when i was a kid and haven't seen since :help:

We were moving house at the time, there was a terrific storm with this lightning a bit like you described more or less.

Father was driving us along in the car, following a van full of our furniture, when a storm that was flashing in the distance got to us.

I was very scared so was mum. The ball of blue seemed to be the center of this lightning that traveled right across the sky and the whole island(Jersey, in case anybody else remembers) was lit up like under a strip light, the same intensity and colour. The storm lasted several hours, the whole family was fascinated in the end by the lightning emanating from a strange ball of vivid bright blue light and the really loud long thunder. We all sat at the curtain-less windows watching it, we had no choice as the power was out :clap:

I was 7ish at the time my parents still refer to "that storm" and i have been hooked on weather especially thunder storms/snow ever since

I think it was 1973, sorry for going off topic but i just had to say :help::yahoo:

Posted

Storm from around 19:30 to 20:15 last night. Several really bright flashes of lightning, very deep and prolonged rumbles and torrential rain.

Posted

Just had one flash of lightning here and a single rumble of thunder. Caught me totally by surprise!

Now we have hail too.

Here is Polebrook, in East Northants by the way.

Posted

After looking at the lightening chart i'm suprised there isn't a few more reports?? North of London towards Suffolk.

Posted

The weather here has become increasingly worse over the past few hours. Had a few flashes of lightning about 30 mins ago, with loud thunder. Calmed down a bit now, though.

Posted
The weather here has become increasingly worse over the past few hours. Had a few flashes of lightning about 30 mins ago, with loud thunder. Calmed down a bit now, though.

i can confirm the lightning saw it to the right of me my study faces west with a north facing window and i can confirm thunder as well

it was about 23:44 to be exact (pc clock)

VIKING SMB