Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Weather Photo Of The Year 2006!

Posted

A new competition for you :lol:

This year we are looking for the best weather photo of the year, the winner will have their photo featured on the front page of netweather, placed on the new photographers area of the site as well as recieving 50 free credits for netweathers SMS alerts!

The rules/Guidelines

Please submit one picture from 2006 only.

Please re-size the picture to 800x600 or less.(please save the full image in case you win so that we can use it for the frontpage)

The picture must contain weather as it's main point. (ie just because a picture of a bird has a cloud in the background it does not count)

Please submit your entries by Saturday 7th January By midnight. Voting will then commence sometime during sunday 8th for a period of 3days.

Entries which have won the monthly competitions are may be entered as long as they are weather related.

Any questions dont hesitate to PM me or ask in the topic ;)

Many thanks to paul for donating the prizes :)

Happy New Year :)

p.s The winning entry may be made to use a desktop wallpaper with the award and photographers name on it.

Posted
No entries? Blimey :)

I'll make a start then.....One from me taken in September @ Trevone Bay in Cornwall.

What a superb photo, Hemmy. I don't recall seeing that in the September photo competition. Did you not put it in for that, or did I miss it?

The problem with having a competition for Weather Photo of the Year, or any type of photo of the year, is that people will naturally think they don't stand a chance and that theirs aren't good enough. But you never know unless you enter. And someone has to win!

I haven't entered because I don't stand a chance and mine aren't good enough! :) At least not strictly weather ones. But I will have a trawl through to see if I can find one to upstage Hemmy's... :)

Posted
I'll make a start then.....One from me taken in September @ Trevone Bay in Cornwall.

Hemmy, that's a gorgeous photo... really, really beautiful.

The only decent weather photo I have from 2006 was taken in Canada. If we are allowed foreign entries (and I see there is one from France above) and I can work out how to resize the thing, I will enter it later.

Posted
The only decent weather photo I have from 2006 was taken in Canada. If we are allowed foreign entries (and I see there is one from France above) and I can work out how to resize the thing, I will enter it later.

I use an easy programme called Pixresizer, Lady P. Just look it up on the internet. It's free to download and use. :)

Posted
I use an easy programme called Pixresizer, Lady P. Just look it up on the internet. It's free to download and use. :)

Thank you darling... I was just getting to the point where I threw the pc out of the window.

I'm not sure if I am brave enough to enter it yet though... Hemmy's a hard act to follow!!

What a superb photo, Hemmy. I don't recall seeing that in the September photo competition. Did you not put it in for that, or did I miss it?

Thank you Blackie and Lazy P :)

No,I didn't enter it into the sept comp I forgot about it and didn't remember it till after i'd already entered 3 pictures :)

Actually, did I even enter the Sept comp? :good:

Posted

Dont be shy ladies and gents, it's not exactly a pro competition so you might be lucky :good:

International entries are allowed :)

I dont really have any good weather photos either! (apart from the inversion ones)

Posted
Please don't enter OON. I want to win and if you enter, I don't stand a chance.
I hope you don't enter a photo OON as otherwise despite me being a professional photographer, I won't stand a chance and will be humiliated.
Come on OON, give the rest of us a chance
I hate you. Why don't you go and play blindfolded on the M6?
I know you won't enter OON, because how could you ever choose just one shot from the many superb ones you take?
If you don't enter, I stand a chance and I won't even mind if you stop letting me win at Scrabble like you currently do
Will it snow in Carlisle?
Go on OON, you might like it if you try and you could even go to a match at Portman Road afterwards if you don't. I'll stop posting quite so many pictures of myself

Just a selection of PMs I've received over the past couple of days which I hope show how hard it's been for me to enter this contest. But it would be a travesty if I didn't, so here is my entry which I call....erm....Noctylocty Clouds, taken in July last year.

post-717-1167853844_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

Dunstable Downs - Feb 23rd 06.

Had to hunt for snow on this day as it wasn't settling where I live near Luton :)

Posted
Can the mods enter after all??

If so, photo to follow...

well OON has entered!!!

i think he has posted a picture as well

:)

Posted

Had to hunt for snow on this day as it wasn't settling where I live near Luton :)

I think you've set the benchmark there, shadowcat! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, Windy at the coast.

The old Woodhead traintrack. March 06.

post-635-1167943754_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , thunderstorms and wind
No entries? Blimey :)

Hi Hemmy,

Thats a perfect photo.

Bloody brilliant

The old Woodhead traintrack. March 06.

post-635-1167943754_thumb.jpg

Nice one Dave,

What country was that taken in? ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Had to hunt for snow on this day as it wasn't settling where I live near Luton ;)

Wow thats an amazing photo :)

I'll struggle to find any close to that standard.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, Windy at the coast.
What country was that taken in? :unknw:

Was about an hour away from where I live, in manchester John.

It was the day after, the only proper snowfall we had, during the whole of last winter.