Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Possible HP Supercell & 3 Tornadoes 30122006

Posted

certainlly was a major storm i have pictures of the back end of it i think with rainbows and the like

not really any shape to the cloud though ,just a big black blob

Posted
certainlly was a major storm i have pictures of the back end of it i think with rainbows and the like

not really any shape to the cloud though ,just a big black blob

Wish I had been here! Bloody inlaws. You guys had all the fun whilst I was up there! And I took the camera ready too :shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

Shame you don't have pictures Kelly, nethermind. I'm also very interested as this would have been the developing storm that gave apparently quote by Julie on Look East weather 'a few tornadoes' in and just around Haverhill. Always keep your camara on you Kelly, if not for you, for us please :(

I only wish it was light here at the time, I could have had some of the best pictures to show Paul, really could :shok: I remember looking up at the clouds as the tornado/s moved through when the winds were ferocious and the clouds were low, moving around in all directions at incredible speeds like low thick smoke. Just amazing!! Why does the really exciting weather happen when dark?? :doh: so I can't get good pic :(

This event has really rubbed salt in the wound as I really wanted to go America this year with Paul Sherman and the team to experience supercells, tornado's, hail, extreme weather............BUT can't this year.........my wife is expecting begining of April. I will be going before I'm 30 (3 years time). :(

Mammatus

Edited by Mammatus

Posted
Shame you don't have pictures Kelly, nethermind. I'm also very interested as this would have been the developing storm that gave apparently quote by Julie on Look East weather 'a few tornadoes' in and just around Haverhill. Always keep your camara on you Kelly, if not for you, for us please :(

I only wish it was light here at the time, I could have had some of the best pictures to show Paul, really could :shok: I remember looking up at the clouds as the tornado/s moved through when the winds were ferocious and the clouds were low, moving around in all directions at incredible speeds like low thick smoke. Just amazing!! Why does the really exciting weather happen when dark?? :( so I can't get good pic :(

This event has really rubbed salt in the wound as I really wanted to go America this year with Paul Sherman and the team to experience supercells, tornado's, hail, extreme weather............BUT can't this year.........my wife is expecting begining of April. I will be going before I'm 30 (3 years time). :doh:

Mammatus

Lol

Your life is running the same cycle as me a few years back. My 2 were born in April and End of May :( Dont these children know there is a Storm Chase Season, anyhow now i have me 3 girls all under 7 my Chasing does not get affected and will be out for a Month in 115 days time :( And this WILL Be the year of the long awaited F5 (8 LONG YEARS)

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!
Lol

Your life is running the same cycle as me a few years back. My 2 were born in April and End of May :shok: Dont these children know there is a Storm Chase Season, anyhow now i have me 3 girls all under 7 my Chasing does not get affected and will be out for a Month in 115 days time :( And this WILL Be the year of the long awaited F5 (8 LONG YEARS)

Paul Sherman

Contragulations on your 3 little girls.

:( I hope this is the year for you Paul, a real shame I can't be there with you and the team, would love to see an F5 :doh: < really is how I feel!! Especially after Saturday evening's Tornado :(

I'll be a member of NW the rest of my days, and I know I will be out there to experience the real deal soon!! :( I've started saving already, well November actually, £20 a week, so should have a nice amount in savings (For chasing 2008) before baby gets here and I have little spare to save. House is up for remortgage this september too :(

Gav

Edited by Mammatus

Posted
Kelly yes it is very important, have you got a picture, at about 3pm you would have been in the perfect position just South of the Supercell with the setting sun coming in from the west. Please post the piccie if you have it.

Paul Sherman

Yeh an almost identicle situation to the one when i tookthe picture, i dont think it became a HP supercell that time though just a very powerful thunderstorm.

Joe :shok:

Posted

Just noticed this thread, I thought I'd add a note. This, or a part of this storm came through here (6 miles south of gloucester) at something like 2.45 in the afternoon, fairly normal apart from there was a hell of a gust at the back of the storm which blew out a couple of fence panels (which have survived many years in our exposed site.) Within in a minute, all was almost dead calm

Posted

Sounds like a pretty potent downdraught there Foggy, a regular occurence at the end of heavy showers / storms.

Your life is running the same cycle as me a few years back. My 2 were born in April and End of May :) Dont these children know there is a Storm Chase Season,

Some would blame the parents :) .

Posted

these are the best i can do ,there is nothing interesting concering a supercell but boy the rainbows were good

post-1955-1167851108_thumb.jpg

post-1955-1167851155_thumb.jpg

Posted
great pictures there stoxs :):good::)

well not to your standard there kelly but with a £10 digital camera not to bad :)

Posted
Don't know if i'm allowed to do this but here is a link to ukwetherworld gallery where someone took magnificent pics of the storm.

http://www.ukweatherworld.co.uk/forum/foru...s=8&start=1

Fan bloody tastic!!! *Huge tears*

Posted

Yep

That looks like the beast from Saturday, would not look out of place trawling across Kansas or the Mid West for sure.

Paul Sherman

Posted

Been reading through this topic with great interest. It kind of explains how at I nearly crashed my car that afternoon. Sorry I can't report any interesting cloud formations from here in Poole but as I was on the way to my parents (around 2.40pm ish), I saw a huge flash of sheet lightning, which I have to say, covered an enormous area of a seemingly cloudless sky! I asked my dear hubby if he'd seen it or was I finally loosing the plot, alas he hadn't, he was too busy playing with the daughters Nintendo DS! I think you guys on here have answered my questions yet again.

Posted

Hello,

My partner Simon and I are usually readers of Netweather rather than regular posters. We have followed this thread closely as my parents live near Winnersh and various friends, relatives and local sources have added extra details and anecdotes this week which could be of interest. Here goes:

1. My parents live in Ufton Nervet, between Newbury and Wokingham and they reported a "wall of water" arriving at around 3.45pm on Saturday. They said the winds were gusty, but not exceptional and that the rain rates were the talking point rather than the wind speed. The rain lasted for about 5 minutes.

2. Simon's best friends have a farm in Holyport, near junction 8/9 of the M4. On Saturday afternoon, the barn that they had been converting was flattened by strong winds. The local paper is claiming that a "tornado" (they used inverted commas) hit Holyport causing widespread damage, including demolishing an 8ft wall. Several trees were uprooted and debris was blown onto the motorway.

Part of the story from the paper is on the website, but the main article and photos only seem to be in the printed paper. Photos should appear in the gallery on the website from next week.

http://www.maidenhead-advertiser.co.uk/new...&story=2595

3. Simon's dad has taken photographs of a "snapped" lamppost in Slough, bent double at around 6ft height. If we can get the images, we will post them later.

We were in Eton Wick, around 4 miles from Holyport on Saturday afternoon and although it was very windy and wet at times, the only notable thing was the day darkness at around 2.30pm, when the streetlights came on. It seems like we missed out while all hell broke loose around us! ;)

Sarah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.
Kelly yes it is very important, have you got a picture, at about 3pm you would have been in the perfect position just South of the Supercell with the setting sun coming in from the west. Please post the piccie if you have it.

Paul Sherman

Frustratingly i have a picture facing South at according to the camera 1629hrs i think that will be 1529hrs.

I noticed the nice clouds, so went to Culver to take pic's and walk the dog.

The view is from Culver down (nr Bembridge) looking across Sandown Bay towards Shanklin at 1529hrs on the day in question, hope this helpspost-4726-1167939395_thumb.jpg

Also this is the Eastern view with Kelly's pink cloud(see earlier in this thread)post-4726-1167939497_thumb.jpg

I didn't even look North as the hill was in the way ;)

Russ

Posted
not sure if this is the same weather system, but a tornado hit farnborough on saturday afternoon.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hampshire/6239537.stm

Can't be the same system Justin, that happened yesterday and the supercell was a week earlier :lol: .

Thank you for posting the link though as it bears out thoughts from some members (esp. Mammatus) about this continued stormy set up.