Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Metcheck

Cookie

Posted
hiya this is usually a fault in the GFS run, sometime things can go haywire and usually if things look extreme on the site, they generally are wrong, this is usually rectified by the next run

thanks for answering

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

I personally don't visit Metcheck anymore. Much prefer NW! :angry:

Mammatus B)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

:) :lol: :lol:

metcheck forecast the most ridiculous things, they forecast snow for almost every area in winter :) when there clearly is going to be NO now :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Very True! I go Wow sometimes, didnt expect that and it never turns up!

Also they dont seem to use the Thunderstorm Icon on the 1-7 day forecast or Hail if they have that.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

i cant get metcheck. metcheck does this a lot no other weather websites do this can always get the others

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Metcheck went down hill big time when they started making more money... Money came first !

Posted

What I can't understand about some people is that they are quick to criticize but yet can't string together a few lines of HTML nevermind develop a site. Problems happen for whatever reason. If metcheck do have a problem, then I'm sure they will sort it out. I can't see the point of anyone pulling them to pieces as I should imagine that their team work hard on the development side. By all means compare their data etc but if you have a gripe then it's only fair that you contact their web team and tell them what you think and not post it on here.

Thanks.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
What I can't understand about some people is that they are quick to criticize but yet can't string together a few lines of HTML nevermind develop a site. Problems happen for whatever reason. If metcheck do have a problem, then I'm sure they will sort it out. I can't see the point of anyone pulling them to pieces as I should imagine that their team work hard on the development side. By all means compare their data etc but if you have a gripe then it's only fair that you contact their web team and tell them what you think and not post it on here.

Thanks.

Well I gave up on Metcheck years ago and it was nothing to do with html. Just walked away and came to a good site NW

Posted

I keep getting this.

The page cannot be displayed

The request cannot be processed at this time. The amount of traffic exceeds the Web site's configured capacity.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If this error persists, contact the Web site administrator to inform them that this error continues to occur for this URL address.

HTTP Error 500.13 - Server error: Web server is too busy.

Internet Information Services (IIS)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted
  • Location: Stewartstown (51m asl) , N.Ireland. (In Dazzling Dazza Land)
  • Location: Stewartstown (51m asl) , N.Ireland. (In Dazzling Dazza Land)

It looks like their server has fallen over, I'm sure that when someone at Metcheck gets out of bed and realises that there is a problem it will be up and running again (unless they have receive a DOS attack and are unable to cope of course :rolleyes: then things could take a little longer to put right :lol: )

Posted

hi all,

i work at metcheck.com and we appear to be having a few server issues this afternoon, we are making slow progress and hope to have the site fully functional soon :-)

Posted
hi all,

i work at metcheck.com and we appear to be having a few server issues this afternoon, we are making slow progress and hope to have the site fully functional soon :-)

When will you be issuing your autumn forecast? :o

Posted
When will you be issuing your autumn forecast? :o

we don't have an autumn forecast as such but we do mention the seasonal outlooks on the homepage articles

Posted
Great stuff :o

its been proved that seasonal outlooks generally are wrong if i recall the met office saying this was going to be the hottest summer on record??

Posted
its been proved that seasonal outlooks generally are wrong if i recall the met office saying this was going to be the hottest summer on record??

They made a ballz of that one :o I think we should look to the older more experienced forecasters of our time. They seem to have there finger on the button. As mentioned in another thread Bill giles and co predicted this summer bang on.

Edited by kippure

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

metcheck is now back on !!1

nigel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

They didn't say anything of the sort.

Posted
They didn't say anything of the sort.

they definately did, im sure some of the of the other forum members will be able to recall this