Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Metcheck

Cookie

Posted
its been proved that seasonal outlooks generally are wrong if i recall the met office saying this was going to be the hottest summer on record??

why don't you visit the official site for their exact words rather than posting untruths as you have.

I'm no great fan at times of Met, Metcheck etc but I do like people to make correct quotes.

amended as I've just realised Paul posted the correct link into their original forecast.

No other comment needed.

Edited by johnholmes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!
its been proved that seasonal outlooks generally are wrong if i recall the met office saying this was going to be the hottest summer on record??

Im sorry but that is absolute rubbish and very disappointing especially so as you work for MetCheck. If my memory serves me correctly didn't they say a 1 in 8 chance of a summer possibly on par with 2003? I regret to say this but your fired! :)

This is the reason why I love NW, 99% of members give accurate/factual information/data/quotes. :)

Mammatus

Edited by Mammatus

Posted
Im sorry but that is absolute rubbish and very disappointing especially so as you work for MetCheck. If my memory serves me correctly didn't they say a 1 in 8 chance of a summer possibly on par with 2003? I regret to say this but your fired! :lol:

This is the reason why I love NW, 99% of members give accurate/factual information/data/quotes. :lol:

Mammatus

I sware they said, maybe my memory serves me wrong, but i know a website somewhere said hottest summer ever

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Weather forecasting is always open to criticism, thats the nature of the job! I do a column for a great local magazine but I have to put my weather predictions up to six weeks ahead , because they need to get the mag edited and ready for publishing etc etc. I always say that long range weather forecasts are about as good as a "chocolate tea pot" but I do have great respect for the chief forecasters on this site and others as well because its an almost an impossible task to predict what mother nature will do in a week or two,I find it difficult and there are a great many on here who will agree with me that long range predictions are very difficult, thats probably why the met office put there very long range forecasts as "experimental"

I love reading the longrange forecasts on here and elsewhere, and a great lot of effort , knowledge, and understanding goes into these forecasts. I use metcheck and I do find them interesting and informative, and im sure there was a spoof weather forecast for this summer , but im not so sure it was Metcheck! even if it was does it matter??...... :lol:

Anyway my take on it is that I have the upmost respect for weather forecasts be it short or long term and most of all for those folks who put them together its a hard job you,ll never please everyone or get the forecast right all of the time [by god ,people moan when you get it wrong and they moan when you get it right! :lol: :lol: ] but, you do feel damn good when someone sings your success in a good weather forecast! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...