Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

snow reports 24/1/07

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Easygoing, but winter is meant to be white, dammit!

Well, I came back from the Wirral just in time! About 1.5 inches of level (great snowball making) snow here. If nothing else, at least i've seen it!

post-828-1169625775_thumb.jpg

post-828-1169625828_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, hot sunny weather

What a lovely surprise, most snow than we have had here for a long long time.

Posted
  • Location: From North Wales but now in England on the Notts border
  • Location: From North Wales but now in England on the Notts border

Couple of centimetres here. A good covering on grass, pavements and roads but slowly disappearing now. It was so good to wake up to a white scene out there for the first time this winter though. I'm happy!

Posted

Woke up to a covering of 1-2cm here in sunny slough - sky is very grey and small flakes still floating in the wind :):):)

Posted

Snowing again here - looks like sporadic flurries might be the order of the day here...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms and extreme weather

Woke at 5am, light covering of snow, possibly about 1cm and it was switching between sleet and big snow flakes. Had another look around 6am and everything had a good covering, probably about 3cm. Finally crawlled out of bed at 8am and most of the snow had gone, just some left on the cars and the odd patch on the lawn. This patchy snow is still present at 9am.

Not expecting anymore, but glad I woke early to at least see a covering.

Posted

Nice to hear you southerners have some snow-here in the North East we had a bit last night but it quickly turned to rain,this morning we are having heavy sleet showers,temperature 2c.

Posted

Possibily as much as an inch in Tilehurst this morning although Reading town center and surrouning areas not so much. Beautiful scene to wake up to.

Also you will be pleased to hear that my 15 months old is a snow lover by all accounts! This was his first experience of it and I could not drag him away from the window ans he stared and pointed. Bless him.

Posted

Had a slight dusting last night which melted away with rain. :)

Had a combination of rain, sleet and wet snow showers this morning, and everything is saturated.

Posted

Can confirm that we had 4cm last night here. Measured it earlier. Started at 3.45 and was really heavy for about an hour and a half. Great stuff. Hardly anyone in work yet except me as I only have about a 2 mile journey. Looking forward to some more tonight , will be good if what we have lasts until tonight as well. dont expect much above freezing today. Shame its pegged to get back to mild at the weekend . oh well most snow for ages where I am

:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

3cm of snow here after several hours of light snow late yesterday evening and into the early hours of this morning.

T.M

Posted

Awoke to a 1.5inch covering, which was amazing. Saw snow all the way through to West Hampstead and took some lovely pictures from the office window out over East London! White roofs as far as the eye can see!

Me and hubby fancied staying at home today!

A lovely, lovely surprise!

Posted

Been snowing here in Lowestoft for most of the morning.

Stopped long enough for me to pop down to the beach

to take this photograph.

I was gutted that someone had put the "No Swimming" sign up, I was looking forward to a refreshing dip in the North Sea.

Posted

3cm of snow this morning here in central Reading - the most I've seen since moving here in 2002, but it was melting fast when I left for work at 8.00. Temperature at 8.00 was 1.2 deg C, last night's minimum -0.8.

Posted

Retrospective snow report from Keele:

Fine snow grains from 1945 yesterday that impressively gave a light covering on pavement/grass in 30 minutes . Turned to heavier rain/sleet about 2330 and the temperature rose above freezing, (see weather link below) but there is still a light covering this morning. Few flakes on the way to work this morning, stopped now.

Ian

http://pangaea.esci.keele.ac.uk/weather/temperature.html

Lat. 52° 59' 55 N Long. 2° 16' 05 W :

OS Grid Ref : SJ 820447; Alt. 179m (587ft) O.Dl

Posted

Good morning all,

Nice scattering of 2 to 3cm of snow from a good shower that started at about 5.30am this morning. Still snowing on the way into work (Burgess Hill) at 7.30am but treacherous roads from Plumpton to Ditchling Common as the Council had decided not to grit the roads just yet! Lots of cars in ditches and hedges as the soft snow had frozen into an ice rink. :rolleyes:

I was due to go to Duxford today but have called that off, I hope theres a chance of more snow lying tonight as I might not get into work at all, shame! :yahoo:

Edited by Coast

Posted

^^^^ Great pics! ^^^^

Woke up at 6.30am to a nice covering of snow here in Brighton! Only the odd little flake was falling though so missed it :rolleyes: Took little one to school through the woods, it was beautiful! x

Edited by xxsnowflakexx