Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

snow reports 24/1/07

Posted
  • Location: Crayford the no interesting weather zone of Kent, (20m asl)

about 4cms deep of snow in dartford this morning, driving down the M20 was dangerous, heavy snow was falling and couldnt see the hard shoulder or the fast lane.. there is also fog on wrotham/bluebell and detling hills.. temp -1c

a little pic of my garden

post-3362-1169633983_thumb.jpg

Posted

Woke up to over an inch of snow this morning. It was still snowing til about 8:30. Took a long time to get into work this morning, saw a bmw driver scratching his head whilst his car was parked in a ditch!

Posted
Morning all,

Just a light snowfall here overnight here in Burton, everything is covered with around 0.5cm, currently stopped, skies clearing with ground frost and ice begining to form.

Current Temperature 0.8 °C (33.4°F)

Paul

As usual, just a pathetic light dusting here, its started about 3am last night .Most melted . One small snow shower half an hour ago. Pitiful considering I live on the top of the Chilterns. :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Woke to a very light dusting which had frozen, fun for a slippery school run! That melted by 10, it's been lightly snowing for about 10 minutes now.

Posted

Reigate looked very much like Bookham at 7am this morning - especially over Priory Park.

We have had about an inch of snow in Reigate and amazingly (once my train got me to work 80 minutes late!) I am surprised to see settled snow in London!

Posted

Hi Folks

Woke up to a good covering 5cm(winter wonderland) just sad that I did'nt see it falling as thats the bit I love . My teenage kids were very excited and walked to school for a change.

Looking out of the office window in Bromley and light snow is falling hope it gets heavier, and tonight who knows we could get lucky. :rolleyes:

Posted

its starting to snow here in dartford :rolleyes:

Posted
Reigate looked very much like Bookham at 7am this morning - especially over Priory Park.

We have had about an inch of snow in Reigate and amazingly (once my train got me to work 80 minutes late!) I am surprised to see settled snow in London!

do you think that liverpool will get any snow tonight

very wet snow last night didnt even settle on the cars but as the temp dropped it turned more too rain :rolleyes::yahoo:

Posted

It's snowing again at my workplace nr. Lingfield, West Sussex.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, warm sunny summers,

We had 15cm of snow here in Preston last night , but then unfortunately i woke up & ate my cornflakes LOL!!

Envious of all you guys who got any snow , enjoy it & hopefully theres more to come in Feb

Posted

Well I've been most disappointed. I was hoping to get a decent covering last night but what did I get? A sprinkle at best. On the plus side I did have my hardest frost so far this year. Got down to -3.1 at 11:50 pm Clouds are bubbling up now though so maybe I'll get something in a bit.

Currently 2.C precisely.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Very little snow in Derby itself - about 2mm this morning and now its all gone.

However, went for a drive and things very different up in North Derbyshire. About 5cm of lying snow in Buxton but up on the tops there is up to 4-6 inches of level snow with drifts up to about 2 foot deep. One such area being where the road between Edale and Chapel en le frith goes around Mam Tor. A very high up, exposed area!

Posted

About 1cm of lying snow this morning - partly melted then frozen so plenty of ice first thing.

Slight snow flurries throughout the morning but just cloudy and dry now.

Snow has melted, air temp is 5c at 13.40hrs

Edited by GrimReaper

Posted

:drinks:

Had about 2cm of lying snow here in st. neots in west cambs. overnight. All melted now though... :rolleyes:

Posted

Must have started snowing at Heathrow about 30s after I went to bed - around 3am. Woke this morning to the rare sight of snow in the environs of London, though not sure I could have verified Sarah Wilmhurst's "...and 3cm at Heathrow" outside MY hotel. 1cm maybe. I think someone pressed their ruler in a bit too firmly. The big clue is if it comes out with mud on it.

Pretty much all melted now.

Posted

Light graupel shower followed by wet snow shower at Reculver (North Kent Coast) now clearing.

My Son has just called & reported that it's snowing in Ramsgate.