Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

snow reports 24/1/07

Posted

Had about 4-5 cm of snow overnight, nearly all melted now though.

Posted

Had a heavy hail shower that woke my lazy ass out of bed at 10am-ish. Pretty impressive. The shower tried to produce some wet snow at the end but it all just went horribly wrong and fell as drizzly dandruff instead.

Depressing.

:rolleyes:

Posted
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!
Must have started snowing at Heathrow about 30s after I went to bed - around 3am. Woke this morning to the rare sight of snow in the environs of London, though not sure I could have verified Sarah Wilmhurst's "...and 3cm at Heathrow" outside MY hotel. 1cm maybe. I think someone pressed their ruler in a bit too firmly. The big clue is if it comes out with mud on it.

Pretty much all melted now.

I'm ten or eleven miles east of Heathrow, SF, pretty urban, and less than 15m ASL: here we had just over 1 inch (I used an ancient folding boxwood rule on three different hard surfaces), deliciously squeaky/crunchy underfoot. That would make 2.6 or 2.7cm, so Sarah's (?rounded-up) 3cm seems OK with me.

After a minimum of -1.9C, the snow began falling at c 3.30 am @ about -0.7C. It continued light/occasionally moderate for at least two hours, settling pretty much everywhere, the temp steady. By 7.45 (just before dawn) it had stopped bar the odd very light flake, the temp was -0.3C, and the depth was as given above. Most melted during the morning, and by 3pm @ c +4C only tiny patches remained.

Edited by osmposm

Posted
Morning all,

Just a light snowfall here overnight here in Burton, everything is covered with around 0.5cm, currently stopped, skies clearing with ground frost and ice begining to form.

Current Temperature 0.8 °C (33.4°F)

Paul

Snow beginning to fall, driving winds, clearing behind.

post-5156-1169652489_thumb.jpg

Posted

Light shower of graupel about 30-40 minutes ago, and apparently 5-10 minutes of wet snowflakes just before noon. Other than that nothing. Rien. Zilch. Nada. :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

Had 1 or 2 cms of snow in the end this morning here in Eastbourne, on my slow travels up to Haywards Heath and Burgess Hill noted that there was a good 4 or 5 cms there. Mainly all melted now, heres hoping for more later on!

Posted

A reasonable covering this morning, about an inch and very still with that noise everything has with snow.

Mostly gone now, just a bit on the decking and the shady parts behind the house, currently 2.1c, max of 3c, pinky clouds rolling down from the north on a light northerly.

Posted
  • Location: From North Wales but now in England on the Notts border

Good covering this morning but after a dry day it's now raining heavily ;)

Posted

Woke to find a 4cm covering this morning. Unfortunately it started to melt around midday, so we were down to maybe 2cm's by 3pm. And now, it's raining. BUT we still have around 2cm's or so of level lying snow.. so it's not too bad.

Posted

Well blow me. Posted here about 30 minutes ago saying we were having heavy rain .... just looked outside and it's whiteout. Yippee!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Had some Flurries here at about 15:30pm!

Posted

Couple of snizzle (snow/drizzle) bits floating about in Hythe Kent about an hour ago. Not much since. Been watching menancing anvil topped showers going to the north of here and also out to sea with obvious snow precipitation falling from them.

*rests chin on hands and hopes the forecast for Kent comes off later*

Posted

Had some wintry showers this morning,but a couple of heavier snow showers this afternoon which left a temporary covering.

Turning very icy now.

Its also great to see some ;) other areas of the country have had a covering of snow.

Edited by Cloud 10

Posted

woke to a slight covering (the remnants of last nights falls), then at about 7 the heavens opened in Norwich as I drove through and a good 3 cm cvering which has remained rmearkably well intact on grass and northern facing areas all day. Scattered Snow showers until about 11 and dry and sunny since then.

Posted

Day of snow showers, some quite beefy.......managed to get a picture of one heading off towards Buxton, just before it started to turn dark..... Nice to see the snow we had last night managed to get darn sarth.....ive enjoyed the pictures of your snowmen n the like! lol. Current temp is 0oC

post-3616-1169661744_thumb.jpg

post-3616-1169661779_thumb.jpg

post-3616-1169661903_thumb.jpg

post-3616-1169661929_thumb.jpg

Posted
Day of snow showers, some quite beefy.......managed to get a picture of one heading off towards Buxton, just before it started to turn dark..... Nice to see the snow we had last night managed to get darn sarth.....ive enjoyed the pictures of your snowmen n the like! lol. Current temp is 0oC

They are brilliant photos

Milton Keynes had a good covering over night, it started about 1am with very fine snow, we had about 4cms this morning, it was sunny with broken cloud for the rest of the day with a fantastic sunset, temperatures of around 4 degrees.

Posted

The weather was wet, windy and very mild (10-15 degrees C above average) in Lithuania this January.

But we have normal lithuanian winter weather this week:)

-11 and blue sky today through my window:

img04826zr.jpg

Posted

Had the most pathetic snow falling last night for an hour or so. It was that light that it soon melted even at 0c on already frozen ground.

Todays top temp was 3oc but the thaw set in much more than yesterday and everywhere is rather wet though the hills around Sheffield are a brilliant white. We have had quite a few wintry showers today and at about 200m they were of snow, some quite beefy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Short but very heavy snow shower from 1620-30 gave 1.5cm of fresh snow and a gust of 48 mph.

T.M

Posted

Rain showers from 3-6pm here got me angry as I saw the snow cover vanish, but just had a nice prolonged snow shower, which has resulted in dusting. Surprising really, settling on pretty wet ground, but I'm not complaining! Looking at the radar, I won't see much tonight, but it's just nice to get a little taste of winter at last. ;)

Posted

Had another dusting around 4.30 today. Came down quite heavily but melted as it hit the ground. The sky is clear now and what's left of the lying snow has frozen solid. My driveway is hazardous so I dread to think what the roads are like.