Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

February CET

Posted
Some people still seem to think we can manage a sub 0c CET let alone a below average month!

I've tucked those people up in bed, and reassured them everything will be okay. And increased their dosage.

Posted
I'm going to do something I don't normally do and post my CET forecast a week early just to get the ball rolling.

My February CET punt is 5.4C

Apologies to SB and others, but I'm changing this. I think the Feb CET is heading into the 7's. This is a combination of lack of inversion from the high, so a mild not a cold start, and renewed Atlantic jet for mid-Feb onwards. We may see a couple of colder interludes, but this is going to be a mild, possibly very mild one I fear.

7.4C for me now.

Posted
Apologies to SB and others, but I'm changing this. I think the Feb CET is heading into the 7's. This is a combination of lack of inversion from the high, so a mild not a cold start, and renewed Atlantic jet for mid-Feb onwards. We may see a couple of colder interludes, but this is going to be a mild, possibly very mild one I fear.

7.4C for me now.

west i think that down yer, you is proberly right at 7.4 but overall around 5.2c

Edited by BARRY

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Just can't believe in another warm month, I think a high pressure augmented 3.6c.

Posted

7.4C for me now.

Your estimation is inconsistent with your summation, IMO. You seem confident about a mild month and less so about how mild it will be and yet your predicted value is for the mildest February since 1869.

Going for 5.4 seemed a reasonable value to start with.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

AlexL: -1.1C

Vince: -0.8C

Winston: 0C

Paul Tall: 1.7C

Weather Wonder: 1.7C

Tesaro: 1.75C

The Eye In The Sky: 1.9C

Mountain Shadow: 2C

Pottyprof: 2.1C

Rusty Nailer: 2.2C

Simon: 2.4C

Helly Hanson: 2.4C

S4lancia: 2.6C

Snowyowl9: 2.8C

Convesction: 2.8C

Kold Weather: 2.9C

Steve Murr: 3.2C

Kippure: 3.3C

Fishdude: 3.5C

Fordy: 3.5C

Snowjoke: 3.6C

Rollo: 3.6C

David Snow: 3.6C

Gray Wolf: 3.6

Gavin P: 3.7C

Snowfluff: 3.8C

Bartlett Low: 3.9C

High Ground: 3.9C

Mr Maunder: 3.9C

Krasnoyarsk: 4C

Shuggee: 4C

Don: 4C

Village Plank: 4C

Snooz: 4.1C

SteveB: 4.1C

Great Plum: 4.2C

Snowmaiden: 4.2C

Snowman2006: 4.3C

James M: 4.4C

Vizzy2004: 4.4C

Bristol Blizzard: 4.4C

Jimmyay: 4.5C

Yeti: 4.6C

Summer Blizzard: 4.7C

Snowuse: 4.7C

Kentish Man: 4.8C

Mr Data: 4.9C

Cymru: 4.9C

Mezzacyclone: 5C

Robbie: 5C

Chilly Milly: 5C

Snow-Man2006: 5C

Bessy: 5.1C

Persian Paladin: 5.1C

Windswept: 5.1C

Bottesford: 5.2C

Atlantic Flamethrower: 5.3C

Anti Mild: 5.4C

Cheeky Monkey: 5.5C

WBSH: 5.5C

ChrisL: 5.5C

Sundog: 5.6C

Acbrixton: 5.7C

Duncan McAlister: 5.7C

Reef: 5.8C

Beng: 6.1C

Stephen Prudence: 6.1C

Optimus Prime: 7.15C

West Is Best: 7.4C

Craig Evans: 7.5C

Posted

WIB do you ever make up your mind? :cold:

There's a potential for something much colder next weekend, even something from the north east and so I'm not that confident with my prediction of 7.15c. But the way recent winters have gone, cold spells have been shadowed by the milder ones.

I don't think month with a CET plus of 7.0c have been without cold snaps?

Posted

I'm going for an ambitious 3.0. Tempted by 3.4, but Im going to set my sights for cold weather. couple of cold weeks to start, and perhaps another cold blast at the end of the month, with some milder stuff in between.

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

evening everyone

At this moment in time im tempted to go for 7.5c ,but ive decided to go with a 6.8c ,/ very mild for the 2 weeks , then possibly things may cool down for the final week ,

nigel

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

err my punt of 6.8C is missing froim the list. I'll cry if you don't put it on. :)

Posted
Just in case I don't get the chance before c.o.b. on Tuesday, my provisional punt is 6.2C. Still mild, but not as extravagently mild as recent months.

2c above average, more than December or November, so pretty extaravgant :)

Might be though!

Posted

7.4C for me now.

Have you been drinking?

:search:

Posted
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme winter cold,heavy bowing snow,freezing fog.Summer 2012
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet

Cor blimey some of you are going for negative figures this time, :search: that would take the mother of cold spells to get to those levels, I will go for 3.2c, just one degree below average.

Paul

Posted
Scoff not! All who have done so this winter at mild predictions have had to eat humble pie.

Mild February coming up imo, distinctly so from mid-month.

Are you preparing to bet on it WIB?

Posted

Still think there's cold to come at the end of February/beg March, but it won't be enough to stop Feb posting an above CET of 5.3

So, if I've got in on time, can the MC of CET guesswork please modify my guess. (which is a full 1C above my computed rolling 30 year average of 4.28 for this year)

Edited by VillagePlank

Posted

I don't think it will be a cold month but I have a feeling it will be more settled overall than January and therefore clear skies could lead to lower night time minima. I'm thinking there may a cold spell mid month and then becoming milder again towards the end of the month. I'll go for 5.4C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm

Blocking started later than expected by 2 weeks and doesn't seem to be playing ball inasmuch that the HP is going to move north but the longevity isn't as robust as anticipated. I will plump now for a slightly above average Feb of 4.6C.

BFTP

Posted
Another fairly mild one I'm afraid - 5.9C!

i see that Jan's average to date is 7.20 deg C or something ridiculous, despite last week's wintery temps to knock it a bit.

looking mild again as we go into feb, at the moment but loads of uncertainty and i get the feeling it will be more mixed next month, rather than SW zonal tropical stuff all the time, i think that little one has blown its puff out for now. however, i think we will see our share of mild, maybe a few half hearted northerly "blasts" but nothing too much . i think it could be cooler at night than we've been used to so far this winter ( but would be freaky if we continued with the weeks of 10deg + minimas) so overall i think still a mild 6.1 deg C

Edited by jimmyay

Posted

Well after the disappointment of last week where not even a single flake of snow fell on us here, I have the feeling that this winter is doomed. I just don't see the jet playing ball and as such any blocking will be irrelevant. I therefore predict a Feb CET of 6.2c. Another very mild month, enough for a record breaking winter?? I really hope I'm wrong and that we get a bone-chillingly cold feb but I just can't see it unfortunately.

TCBTS