Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Honestly now: who has low-energy bulbs, and how many? Poll

West is Best

An honest poll for honest answers (it's anonymous!)  

73 members have voted

1. 1. How many low-energy bulbs are fitted in your home?

• All lights in my home have low-energy bulbs
    • Between 1/2 and all my bulbs are low-energy bubls
    • Between 1/4 and 1/2 are low-energy bulbs
    • Between 1 bulb and 1/4 of my total bulbs are low-energy bulbs
    • I don't have any low-energy bulbs in my house

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Yes. I always buy energy-saving lightbulbs. They save me more than they cost!

Posted
But, but...!

What is the point of using energy saving lightbulbs when the aforementioned supermarkets, petrol stations, football stadia, fast food restaurants etc, clearly don't?

Are you all not wasting your time (and energy!) trying to be eco-friendly when the corporate beasts (businesses) don't really care?

Just wondering how you know that these premises do not already have equipment fitted to their lighting system? commercial lighting such as fluorescent and discharge lighting can have controls fitted to the circuit on the distribution boards that can reduce the amount of energy used by up to 30% yet you wouldn't even notice the reduction in light produced by them.

In our house we have about half the light fittings fitted with energy savers, and the rest are spots that are going to be replaced by more energy efficient bulbs when they blow.

Edited by Pickles

Posted

We have most of our main bulbs as energy savers, but want to make the house 100% energy saver bulbs ASAP.

Although saying that, my main thought was for cutting costs, and not cutting CO2 *oopps*

Posted

Interesting reading .. we have a couple of low nrg in the garden and the rest are 12v LEDs, indoors is a different issue, all the upstairs bulbs (except the bathroom) are on dimmer switches so stuck with 60w ... :):) Downstairs it's down to looks and until they make cute low energy they ain't gonna wash as they look ugly and over sized in small shades .. unless someone can recommend any real small ones :)

KjF