Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow reports 04/02/07 onwards

Posted

snow been on and off since 1am slight dusting's here and there nothing major still light snow now needs to get a hell of a lot more to get to the 4-8cm that local weather was predicting.

wow lot of Bristol members tonight lol I'm north Bristol m4/m5 interchange by the rac tower

Posted

It started snowing at 0325 hrs. It is now sticking and getting heavier. :yahoo::drinks::clap::D

Posted

Snowing heavily here (at sea level!) since 5 am :)

ALL laying, 2cm's already (sposed 2 be 2-5 in total for us) and we're meant to have another 4 hours yet!!!

Fingers crossed. :)

Edited by shark17

Posted

Moderate snow falling since 0400. 4cm so far. Temp -2.3 °C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
Moderate snow falling since 0400. 4cm so far. Temp -2.3 °C

1cm here, whats the snow consistency like there? get blasted by a fine snizzle in between the larger flakes. Roads are covered, no amount of gritting has helped.

Posted

Been snowing here since circa 0400 this morning. Temp at the moment is 0.6C, with a covering of about 3-4cm. Still snowing, although as has been the case all morning, the snowflakes are particularly fine - coming down quite heavily though!

Posted

Despite many false radar returns, the snow finally started here in East Northants at 5.30am.

Good news is the temperature is -1.2C, so its sticking to everything even right up against the house despite the central heating blaring out.

Picking up to moderate now, just about scraping a centimetre so far.

Posted
1cm here, whats the snow consistency like there? get blasted by a fine snizzle in between the larger flakes. Roads are covered, no amount of gritting has helped.

Flakes are about 1cm is size. getting blown about everywhere. Seems to be easing a little in the past 10 minutes. This snow is lying on top of the other days snow and two days of frost. Loads of Ice formed here last night before the snow came. Just hoping the mountains do their work and intensify the snow now and stall it.

Posted

Snowing in Haywards Heath, by the look of the radar it's been precipitating since about 2am but I don't think it stuck right away as the temperature has dropped since I went to bed after midnight. Probably have about as much as two weeks ago - about an inch, which is lovely. Looks like it might be ending soon, which in a way might be a good thing, as it hopefully won't get the chance to turn to rain and get washed away.

Posted

Started to snow heavily again in Bristol. A fairly well defined warn sector showing on the rardar just clipped us melting the snow on the cars but now the cold front has arrived.

Posted

Light snow started here in inner south London at about 3am now moderate to heavy with a stiff breeze a good covering all over but less than 1" so far...

Regards

ACB

Posted

Good morning all

All concerned bang on with the forecast we currently have two inches here in luton and its commming down very hard, if the forecast is correct we got plenty more to come yet.

Pictures later when its light

LO

Posted

8P Its been chucking it down here in Kent, St Mary Cray has had over 3 inches now on the roads... (measured by a ruler btw) and its still coming. Interestingly I felt the front arrive as a wind started about 20 minutes before the fitsy small ice crystals arrived, then the biggun's... hehehe..... 'I dont know which tail to wag first'!!

:doh:

I hope the picture i took a wee while ago is ok... I am in a small dressing gown, without my contact lenses!

Cheers everyone, and be safe. :unknw:

Posted

about 5cm here in ruislip middx, still snowing and roads covered. Will work from home today! Yay!

about 5cm here in ruislip middx, still snowing and roads covered. Will work from home today! Yay!

Posted

6:27 am and here in Redbourn Hertfordshire I would say there is approximately 25 mm with up to double that in a few places. It seems to have stopped snowing at the moment.