Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow reports 04/02/07 onwards

Posted

Current temps here in Derby 0.4c

Humidity 60%

Just started to snow!!

1 hour later than forecast but better late than never.

Posted

Yep. Same here as Torz (we are different parts of the City :unknw: ).

Only just started, and fall is actually light. Starting to settle on surfaces, but you do really have to look hard for that at the mo.

Some very heavy snow at times over night, which managed to settle on top of a very wet floor, dephs were around 1 inches of pavements, 2-3 inches on grass, complete snow cover on all surfaces, Temp around 0c, still snowing but a little wet snow, may help the thaw.

Pics to follow this evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

:o

yes!! I've woken up to some proper snow! Don't know how much yet but enough for me to now be checking school closure website in hope. I want my boys to play outside in it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Lots of Snow here!

My school is closed.

The snow has stopped at the moment but it looks like loads more to come.

Ill see how much we had now!

Posted

Snowing here now, and starting to get heavier, and its being blown along on a brisk wind. Now settling too.

Posted

Not the best picture in the world, but one I just quickly took with my camera from my window. My house backs onto two schools and a massive field and so I have a great view from there.

http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/9932/1000161mt6.jpg

Posted
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme winter cold,heavy bowing snow,freezing fog.Summer 2012
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet

Morning all,

Overcast, biting northeast wind gusting to 26mph, light blowing snow, temperature -1c, and wind chill -7.6c. :yahoo:

Has been snowing lightly for around half and hour, now becoming moderate and settling readily, currently around 1cm.

Paul

Edited by Paul Carfoot

Posted

Snow in South seems to start North of Southampton

Drove from Gosport (no snow) on coast this morning up towards Hursley, Nr Winchester.

Light dusting of snow around Eastleigh, but about 1 inch of snow in Chandlers Ford, Otterbourne and Hursley

It is raining in Hursley now though.

Posted

I live at the most easterly point of the UK, about 40 yards from the North Sea.

There is a moderate easterly wind, and amazingly the temperature here has risen quite dramatically in the last hour.

It was minus 2 degrees at around 6am, now it's plus 2 and rising.

There is now no frost, and incredibly it's beginning to feel quite mild.

Very strange weather.

With an easterly wind here it's normally freezing.

I'll stick my neck out and say there is No Chance of snow here.

Posted

About an inch here, not as much as a couple of weeks ago and it looks like it could thaw even quicker. Wasn't expecting anything though when temperatures climbed to 2.5c at about 2am so I'm not complaining!

Posted

Update:

just sent my obsevation on snow depth to the Metoffice, current depth is 6cm (2.1") currently we have moderate snow fall again. Luton Airport is shut due to a blocked runway and is expected to be closed for two to four hours, the M1 has reported incidents around Milton Keynes, also incedents on the M25 in our area.

most of the roads around Luton are impassable due to the fact that we are surrounded by hills and the chilterns.

Most Schools are now reporting to be shut for today with things back to normal tomorrow when the thaw sets in.

starting to really come down now, well im off to get a shower then me and the kids going for some sledging down the biggest hill we have lol.

LO

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: HOT SUNNY

5+ inches and still snowing with a strong wind and drifting

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

heavy snow, a good 2 inches or so