Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Cold Spell General Discussion

shuggee

Posted

Carry on with your thoughts and chat about the forthcoming wintry action here :cold:

Posted

Hi Jed,

Sorry mate I've only just spotted your post.

My thoughts are very much the same as yours, that the precipitation will have

fizzled out before it reaches us.

However I think you have a better chance than I do given where you are situated.

I think it will be well worth watching the Radar though.

And a very good 5 minute Radar is available on Netweather for only

37.5 pence a week.

Brian.

Edited by grab my graupels

Posted
Hi Jed,

Sorry mate I've only just spotted your post.

My thoughts are very much the same as yours, that the precipitation will have

fizzled out before it reaches us.

However I think you have a better chance than I do given where you are situated.

I think it will be well worth watching the Radar though.

Brian.

This is crazy though. North Yorkshire is famous for its winter snows, especially up on the dales.

What is going on with this winter?!?!?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

I can't believe it! Had a heavy snow shower here for the last 2 hours! I havn't posted before because ive een out in it! I went aout with my ruler and measured 6cm! Maximum of 2C but the snow has dropped it down to 0.1C now, cars sliping all over the place, had to help pull the local bus to Ipswich up the hill with the tractor! Brilliant!

I can't believe it! Had a heavy snow shower here for the last 2 hours! I havn't posted before because ive een out in it! I went aout with my ruler and measured 6cm! Maximum of 2C but the snow has dropped it down to 0.1C now, cars sliping all over the place, had to help pull the local bus to Ipswich up the hill with the tractor! Brilliant!

Whoa, lucky you. I can see it on the radar.

Posted
This is crazy though. North Yorkshire is famous for its winter snows, especially up on the dales.

What is going on with this winter?!?!?!

I think it is Just bad luck this time.

I mean at one stage it looked like we were in for a pasting.

What dissapoints me is our nice cold air will be wasted, while the Southwest get rain.

Edited by grab my graupels

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather
Whoa, lucky you. I can see it on the radar.
I would put a picture on if i knew how! All stopped now, just hoping for some very low overnight lows now! Edited by suffolkboy_

Posted
I think it is Just bad luck this time.

I mean at one stage it looked like we were in for a pasting.

What dissapoints me is our nice cold air will be wasted, while the Southwest get rain.

If you are lucky; you might get a dusting by tommorow (from a rogue shower or two).

Posted

hi Magpie - I'm also from South Wales (About 250ftASL) - Whats your thoughts on our snow chances? Everywhere I look its saying different things & my kids are desperate for a good lot of the white stuff - being 3 & 6 they've never seen large amounts of snow as I did in the late 70's early 80's!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

The shower over Aberdeenshire looks like it has intensified slightly on radar, and it did show on lightning radar aswell. I hope this is a good sign. :cold:

Russ

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

I'm working here in Martlesham about 3 miles North-East of Ipswich and we just had a fairly hefty hail/snow shower which left a light dusting but nothing even close to 6cm , so looks like we just missed out on all the action!

Posted

Im in Great Yarmouth and all we have had it rain over night and a sharp frost this morning.

Current temp is 3.6oC with pressure of 1.004 bar humidity is only 66% but im still holding out some hope of a flurry or 2 :cold:

Edited by Planetgarb

Posted
where abouts in York do live at what are your opinions on snow later this week for us, doesnt help being so low down in a valley,

vizzy

Hi vizzy2004 - we are just off the centre, up the street where the football ground is.

We are in valley, but it does get surprisingly cold sometimes. My feeling is that we will see snow this week - just a gut feeling mind you :cold:

Posted

Congratulation, nice to here someone getting some snow

Brian :cold:

Posted

I'm thinking about having a go at this NetWeather Xtra lark, but I don't know if I know enough to make full use of it. Can anyone advise if it is suitable for the meteorologically challenged?

Posted
I'm thinking about having a go at this NetWeather Xtra lark, but I don't know if I know enough to make full use of it. Can anyone advise if it is suitable for the meteorologically challenged?

Yes I can highly reccomend it.

Actually, it does the opposite and simplifies things, and gives lots of valuable

information.

Lots of things are basically worked out for you, such as where snow is likely to fall etc.

The radar is the best on the internet by a mile .

Things like working out the ensembles etc are explained for you so that you can learn how to read them.

I could go on, there is too much to mention.

I suggest trying it for a month and then decide.

Brian :)

Posted
Thanks Brian, I guess I've changed my mind again, and I'll go for the month one and take from there.
if you speak to paul or pm him they doing a special just for today you get 1 mth free but pay for yr subscription to net weather 5 min radar try that but get hold of paul

Posted
Thanks Brian, I guess I've changed my mind again, and I'll go for the month one and take from there.

I just signed up for the radar - i understand that! Works really really well.

Posted

No problem,

That's what I did, I thought I may as well pay the little bit extra for the full service.

and you have the option to cancel if your not happy, but i'm sure that you will be.

I think it is also a good learning tool.

One thing I will say though, you won't have much time on your hands once you get into it. :)

Brian.

Posted

When the only chances of settling snow for my region are on higher ground above 600 feet; then you know that AGW is partly to blame. At this time of the year, it should be much colder in this airstream.

Posted

Just a quick mention - this is a special offer just for forum users - if you sign up for the nw radar today (this offer will not be available tomorrow) and book on the phone quoting 'forum offer' then we will upgrade you free of charge for one month to the full package. So for £19.50 you will get 1 month access to the full nw extra package + 12 months radar access.

All you have to do is register here:

https://www.netweather.tv/secure/cgi-bin/lo...=register;code=

Then when you get to the payment page, instead of paying online, just call the number on the screen, quote the offer, we'll take your payment and you'll have instant upgraded access

As posted by paul earlier

thought i would put thiss back on here if no one saw it earlier sorry paul if you wanna delete then feel free

Regards

Michesnowsbest

Edited by michesnowsbest