Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Cold Spell General Discussion

shuggee

Posted
The 528 DAM line is not going anywhere fast even after the front moves through on Thursday ;)

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn543.png

Hi Darkman, is it me or does that chart indicate a greater chance of snow even further south west? Because it seemed like yesterday that the 528 line was just scraping south wales accross.

Posted
I just thought I'd let you know that my local BBC forecast said I could see 13-15 cm in my area

Hi BB ; was that with Richard Angwin on Points West earlier this afternoon? I missed it due to work, have got to watch his forecast on the main evening news!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

For those who want to Check out warnings then id check out here! Met Office Uk Warnings

THIS MESSAGE IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR PEOPLE FROM THE MIDLANDS!

Also check out Net weather!

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
For those who want to Check out warnings then id check out here! Met Office Uk Warnings

For a more realistic alert....stick with net-weather: -

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=...ts;reg=3;sess=;

Posted

Blimey, is that a ramp in your avatar Blizzards or just a slightly inclined walkway?!! ;)

Posted

Ive not been following this cold spell really closely so im just wondering if it is expected this really snowy weather expected down south could push northwards into southern scotland or is it expected to die out before then?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
Blimey, is that a ramp in your avatar Blizzards or just a slightly inclined walkway?!! ;)

thats a path of the famous waterfront in Merry hill where i live extremely close too and next to the very famous merry hill centre.

On topic, yesterday evening the bbc predicted our night time temperature at -11c! ;);)

Posted
I imagine that K.W. will be 'spot on' in his reading of things. Whilst the weather milded up through the later part of the 80's we saw the last of this 'type' of snowfall.

Somewhere (south of me boo) will get a very interesting and substancial 'dump'.

By this time tomorrow it'll be time to start to watch the Radar as it slowly fizzles out and draws to a halt on it's approach to this bit of the Pennines!

not sure about that as the Southern Pennines are prone to doing really well out of these set ups, even if you think it will be the south that cops it. you will get a load in the next few days , mark my words!

Posted

Hey PP, I do note that a severeity level of 4 mind you, has there actually been many 5's in the past using this system?

But i do think the net-weather forecast is pretty close, however 15cms is very possible over higher ground in exposed parts in the north IMO, thoug hthe figures mentioned are more reasonable for most.

Another bitter night tonight looking at things, max tmeps inland have been fairly cold, equally as cold as late Jan but with a far less impressive airmass in terms of cold.

Edited by kold weather

Posted
Ive not been following this cold spell really closely so im just wondering if it is expected this really snowy weather expected down south could push northwards into southern scotland or is it expected to die out before then?

Most people are saying that anywhere from about morecambe southwards will get the best snow, especially the Midlands. You may get some snow but not what us down south are getting!

Posted

Milton Keynes Council has issued a warning to schools in their locale.

Quote "STOP PRESS: Weather warning – heavy snows (up to six inches/15cm) predicted overnight tomorrow (Wed) and Thursday morning. Staff advised to consider travel arrangements to and from work". Unquote.

Issued to schools and subsequent staff this at approx. 1555 hrs.

Jonty

Halton

Bucks

201m asl

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Hi everyone, as promised, some pictures of the snow i saw today to get everyone in the mood! I can't believe it, we've had 2 inches, and 5 miles up the road only had a dusting! The first is taken about 11.30am when it first started, the second is just as the shower finally cleared. Sorry if they come out in the wrong way around, it's the first time i've put photos on here!

post-6387-1170780651_thumb.jpg

post-6387-1170780933_thumb.png

Posted

Here is a guide to what chance of snow you have on Thursday! Ill do one for Friday and Saturday later.

You have a good chance of Snow if your Percent is over 65/70%.

Scotland:

20-40% Chance of Snow

Northern Ireland:

40-65% Chance of Snow

Republic Of Ireland:

50-75% Chance of Snow

North East England:

30-55% Chance of Snow

North West England:

60-90% Chance of Snow

(Pennines)

70-95% Chance of Snow

East Anglia/Eastern England:

35-65% Chance of Snow

East Midlands:

70-100% Chance of Snow

Wales:

60-80% Chance of Snow

West Midlands:

75-100% Chance of Snow

London:

50-70% Chance of Snow

South East England:

50-75% Chance of Snow

Central Southern England: (Areas like Oxford and Reading)

60-85% Chance of Snow

Southern England:

40-60% Chance of Snow

South West England:

25-40% Chance of Snow and 45-70% for Areas like Bristol!

Channel Islands:

0-10% Chance of Snow

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
Here is a guide to what chance of snow you have on Thursday! Ill do one for Friday and Saturday later.

You have a good chance of Snow if your Percent is over 65/70%.

What are you basing your percentages on?

Posted
What are you basing your percentages on?

Out of 100%

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous
Out of 100%

Lol. Very good.

I think i'll ramp about a frost (yes, it is that desperate these days). -0.2C with a frost reforming in the daylight !

Posted
No, I meant what charts\data are you using.

UKMO, GFS, ECM??

oh well, i used websites to help and what some people have posted. Please dont keep questioning me as im trying my best to be accurate.

Remember this is for thursday so you may have a higher chance on friday and ill issue those chances later!

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
The Met-Office are forecasting light sleet showers for me later tonight and tommorow.

Wooohaaay.

lucky you :)