Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Cold Spell General Discussion

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

The temp is currently 1.1C in Cleadon (low enough for at least wet snow) and there seems to be a light NE'ly drift at the moment, bringing showers towards the coast. If the wind doesn't pick up, then there may well be some snow shortly; if it does, though, I would expect the coastal strip to warm up to around 3C with a wintry mix.

Posted
What are you basing your percentages on?

his spirit guide probably! lol

only kidding - just thinking about Roberts posts for 10 Feb. Looks like it will turn out snowy, quite bizarre.

mind you if you were going to punt any date for us to get snow in winter it would probably be between 1st -15th Feb....

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

Is precipitation in the south west falling as snow?????????

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

Is precipitation in the south west falling as snow?????????

Thats the band of rain that may turn to snow over dartmoor, exmoor and possibly dorset and possibly a little further along the coast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Its gonna be a very cold night here, the temp is already -1.3°C so I think set for -8°C or maybe dare I say it -9°C if conditions stay the same, and to think if we had snow cover right now. :):):)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Yes it would be very cold! Its about 2c here but not too far from 1c.

Posted

The dew point is only 1C in Exceter, precipitation could turn to snow.

Posted

feel free for you do it Bristolblizzards but at the moment its pretty obvious where the most snow will fall! Really its the Midlands, North parts of the South west, Central southern england and southern parts of Northern england. The Midlands is the Main focus!

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

It hasn't happened yet though Blizzards although unlikely things could change for the worst still.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Well a rare site of the ground beginning to freeze. Frost has stayed in the shade all day today. I didn't see that Yesterday. Temps are now below zero which is long time it's been like this at this time of the evening.

Posted

I'm driving to Monmouth from Brum on Saturday, returning Sunday or Monday. What are my chances of survival? :D All answers greatly appreciated!!!!! :D

Thanks.

Regards,

Mike.

Edited by Winston

Posted

Looks like the midland/south yorkshire are guna get hammered while I narrowly miss out! so dissapoining! :D

I know theres still time yet... but I fear not just getting my pants pulled down by thursdays near miss, there could be a repeat on saturday and I get my azz well and truly spanked! :D

Posted
Hi Darkman, is it me or does that chart indicate a greater chance of snow even further south west? Because it seemed like yesterday that the 528 line was just scraping south wales accross.

It does and it does'nt in a strange sort of way. Its good to have it over head but you need the precip and the low temperatures and dewpoints. Thats after Thursdays snow so it more or less comes back in from the West. Maybe some wintry showers more realistic then snow. :D

Posted
So does Swindon stand a good chance of snow? My girls would love to see it! :D

You could see a couple of centimetres but not much but enjoy it if you see it because if your in wiltshire it may turn to rain!

Winston, If your on about Monmouth near Gloucester then it may be a difficult journey on thursday but it may be ok for saturday!

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
feel free for you do it Bristolblizzards but at the moment its pretty obvious where the most snow will fall! Really its the Midlands, North parts of the South west, Central southern england and southern parts of Northern england. The Midlands is the Main focus!

Makes a change! I can't remember the last time we had snow here. Here's hoping :D , but it would be fab if the whole country could be indulged at the same time. Then there would be no green bug-eyed monsters (the way I usually feel when everybody else gets loads!!)

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
Looks like the midland/south yorkshire are guna get hammered while I narrowly miss out! so dissapoining! :D

I know theres still time yet... but I fear not just getting my pants pulled down by thursdays near miss, there could be a repeat on saturday and I get my azz well and truly spanked! :D

I think we will miss out I'm afraid, although having said that I wouldn't be too surprised if it came to the nowcasting stage and it went further N than expected and we got hammered! Unlikely though....

However, Saturday looks like the real beast - we are in just the right place to see 20+cm if that gfs chart came off, and Thursday's event would become tiny in comparison! Unfortunately we are driving to Hull at about 3:00 Saturday so should be interesting!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Going to be some good low temps tonight me thinks. Zooming down here.

Posted
You could see a couple of centimetres but not much but enjoy it if you see it because if your in wiltshire it may turn to rain!

Winston, If your on about Monmouth near Gloucester then it may be a difficult journey on thursday but it may be ok for saturday!

I wouldn't be surprised if Wiltshire saw more than 2cm because it could be a fair while before it turns to rain.

I wouldn't expect too much for your area Blizzards - 10cm max which is decent enough - just don't expect 15+ or you could be disappointed! The preciptation may fizzle out in the afternoon, reducing snow totals. I wouldn't expect any low-lying areas to get more than 12cm, which is great in itself however!

Posted

-2 here, -5 last night, possibility of a -7/8 perhaps?

Posted

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

Dunkeswell near Exceter is reporting snow.

Posted

Yep here too, blimey it really is, -2.4°C now this is going to be the coldest night of the winter so far (unless unexpected cloud rolls in) and I doubt the rest of winter will be much colder what with longer days and stronger sun, but you never know.

Edited by James M