Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Discussion Part 6

Posted
rob mcelwe just said as it moves through the midlands it will lose its intensity, im just north west of birmingham and by the time its reached there its in patches!! sureley you can understand why im annoyed especially when earlier the snow was covering the whole of the midlands by 9.00am

Don't be annoyed just accept the situation as it is and realise nothing is set in stone whatever the weather.

I feel some common sense is required here.

Many a time I have woken only to find no snow has fallen despite forecasts predicting this and this has happened many times over 30 years. There has been times when snowfall has occured unexpectedly!!.

Many people have been saying these past 48hrs to forget the models and just concentrate on the radar. Well we are now at the stage where we also need to forget about media forecasts because the radar is the only tool of any use. The snow may reach the N Midlands it may not, the snow may weaken or it may not in these areas. Let's not spoil this event by assuming what will happen when TBH none of us have a clue what will happen with the snow belt.

Also worth noting that due to the much better +72 chart Saturday could bring some more surprises for some of us.

Edited by THE EYE IN THE SKY

Posted

Oit Lynxus, we will not have stfu used on this board, i understand you are angry, but pleaserant at something/someone else.

;) P.O.S.I.T.I.V.I.T.Y ;)

Well i might sit up and listen to good ol' Muse until 4am!

Posted

weatherview alot better with susan powell but isnt this just recorded from earlier i think so

Posted
Can someone tell me how this PPN is dying out and not moving north east? Thats total rubbish in my opnion.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

Either I need glasses or I'm right.

wow that is some heavy precip!

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Off to bed, everything seems to be going to plan, the northward extent of the front looks to be somewhere in West/South Yorkshire.

Good luck and good night......

Mr Murr....

Snowy(Hythe) here ;)

SE fairing better or worse as things stand?

Better- because the warmer air has penetrated further into the front- but the PPN is unlikely to go as far North....

Look at the echoes over Cherbourg........

wipeout !!!!!!!!!!

S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.
Oit Lynxus, we will not have stfu used on this board, i understand you are angry, but pleaserant at something/someone else.

;) P.O.S.I.T.I.V.I.T.Y ;)

Well i might sit up and listen to good ol' Muse until 4am!

LOL kk, however i will also not take lightly to being told to shut up either. Thus the stfu..

Been coming here many years and will not be talked to like that by some monkey who thinks they knwo it all. So if you wouldnt mind.. I would like to rant just like anyone else does here without the innteruption of muppets like him!

Fyi, Building to the SE

Posted
Ohh yeah hot and sunny! infact that would be nice.. Considering teh BBC were forcasting -60 the other day I hardly would listen to a frikking word they say!

So stfu

That was uncalled for.

Look calm down mate. We all get p*ssed off when things go wrong and we don't get the weather we want; but insults and constant whining doesn't get us anywhere. And I know I may sound hypocritical, because I've done it myself in the past....but I've learned that it does sod all - and makes the forum a worse place.

By the way, this was ALWAYS a very complicated situation. The METO forecasters have done a pretty good job composing the Bracknell charts; and although BBC forecasters may have varied or pimped up the Meto's data at times; the general predictions have remained fairly accurate.

Errors will always happen....ESPECIALLY with such marginal and rare synoptic set-ups such as these. So just relax.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, thunderstorms, cold, snowy winters.

moderate wet snow here in cardiff, wind picking up too... this is after a small period of rain, yet there is still plenty of time..

Posted

Indeed Dave, shows that even i now days we really can't take the models as the be all and end all and tonight may ust prove it!

Steve, I'm getting more and more tempted to say it'll stall just to the north of the M4. This is a way south from the models ideas but looking at the western side of the system as you say it'll take little northerly mvement, once the whole thing tilts to be a flatter W-E (which is better IMO overall.) then I think it may wlel struggle to get north, at least in any great rush.

By the way, I'm going to watch out for another burs tof cells like this tommorow morning as the new wave develops a closed circulation, near the center I wouldn't be suprised if such a formation forms...its certainly a beast though that cell, 56MM per hour recorded in one of the cells at 12.40am.

By the way as I've said before, please cut out the foul langauge its not really needed is it. Thank you.

Edited by kold weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

I know your not really interested in showers up here but look how close this got.

post-3392-1170897071_thumb.png

Not a flake here.

Good luck down there!

Posted

My word that's heavy out there. In the space of no more that 10 mins, there's a 0.5cm dusting on the pavement and road outside my house. It's now sticking to ever surface too. If it does keep this up, I could be in for more snow than I imagined possible at this location.

Posted
Can someone tell me how this PPN is dying out and not moving north east? Thats total rubbish in my opnion.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

Either I need glasses or I'm right.

Were looking at the NW radar were watching what is actually happening, perhaps its just having a little rest and will move north later. But for the last 2 hours its not made a lot of progress.

Anyone else see this as well, or is it just me.

Posted
weatherview alot better with susan powell but isnt this just recorded from earlier i think so

Yes just seen it tom - looks like the Warning Triangle is right over us! ;)

love-it keep twitching those curtains in Hereford!